Tiffany & Co. French Aquamarine and Diamond Bracelet
About the Item
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:32.4 ct
- Dimensions:Width: 0.75 in (19.05 mm)Length: 6.5 in (165.1 mm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:1930's
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: BA-205861stDibs: LU8917804612
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Tiffany & Co. Burmese Ruby and Diamond Leaf BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYComposed of over eight carats of rubies and nearly thirteen carats of diamonds mounted in platinum and gold, this Tiffany & Co. bracelet is a mid-century jewel dating from the 1950s....Category
Vintage 1950s American More BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Gold, 18k Gold, PlatinumFree Shipping
- Seaman Schepps Blue Zircon and Diamond BraceletBy Seaman ScheppsLocated in New York, NYCreated in the late 20th century, this blue zircon and diamond bracelet by Seaman Schepps is set in 18K white gold. The broad bracelet of freeform, abstract design is set with circul...Category
Late 20th Century American Modern Modern BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Zircon, Blue Zircon, Gold, 18k Gold, White GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18k Gold Curb Link BraceletBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYDating from the 1970s, this streamlined, flattened curb link bracelet by Tiffany & Co. Italy is composed of polished 18K gold. A beautiful form in both modeling and proportion, this maximally soft and flexible bracelet of satisfying weigh pairs well with other jewelry, while having the presence to stand on its own. Product Details: Item #: BA-20700 Artist: Tiffany & Co Country: Italy Circa: 1970-80 Dimensions: 8.00" length x 0.50" width Materials: 18 karat gold (100.7 grams) Signed: Tiffany & Co Italy 18kt Macklowe Gallery Curator's Notes: For forty years, from 1960 to 2000, Tiffany & Co. created jewelry in...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond Strap NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYThis Tiffany & Co. 18K gold and diamond necklace dates from the mid 1980s. It is designed as a broad, highly articulated strap composed of curved sections set with round brilliant-cut diamonds and highlighted by cross bands of channel-set diamond baguettes, approximate total weight 75.00 carats. With its refined Tiffany engineering and superb stones, this broad, flexible band of sparkling diamonds settles softly at the base of the neck, optimally glamorous, comfortable and modern all at once. Product Details: Item #: N-20895 Artist: Tiffany & Co. Circa: 1985 Materials: 936 round brilliant-cut diamonds (approximate total weight 71.60 carats); 88 baguette diamonds (approximate total weight 3.40 carats); 18K Gold Signed: TIFFANY & CO. 750 Macklowe Gallery Curator's Notes: Of superb construction and materials, with extraordinary articulation, softness and flexibility, this Tiffany diamond necklace...Category
Late 20th Century American Choker NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Antique Tiffany & Co. Diamond and Gold Cuff LinksBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYA pair of Antique 18 karat gold cuff links with diamonds by Tiffany & Co. The heavy, lozenge-shaped cuff links have 4 old European-cut di...Category
Antique Early 1900s CufflinksMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Lapis and Diamond Blossom Clip BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYCreated in 1968-1969, this Tiffany & Co. brooch is composed of bi-color 18K gold, lapis, and diamonds. It is designed as blue blossom or berry set with lapis lazuli cabochons, surmou...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Classic Tiffany & Co. 18K Gold and Platinum Etoile Bangle Bracelet with DiamondsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Palm Beach, FLThis stunning and instantly recognizable Tiffany & Co. 18K yellow gold and platinum Etoile hinged bangle bracelet is fabricated in the finest manner, befitting the venerated maker. T...Category
Late 20th Century American Modern BanglesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Platinum
- Retro Natural Aquamarine Diamond BraceletLocated in London, GBAquamarine and diamond bracelet. Set to centre with a natural unenhanced square step-cut aquamarine with an approximate weight of 30.00 carats, flanked to either side by curved pavé ...Category
Vintage 1940s Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Aquamarine, Diamond, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold, PlatinumFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Rose Gold Mother of Pearl & Diamond Tiffany T Wire BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBAn elegant 18k rose gold mother of pearl and diamond bracelet by Tiffany & Co. from the Tiffany T collection. The cuff style bracelet comprises of two iconic Tiffany T motifs; the fi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold, Rose Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Art Deco Burma Non Heated Ruby and Diamond Art Deco BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Bethesda, MDFrom Tiffany & Co. an exception Art Deco natural ruby and diamond bracelet. ♦ Designer: Tiffany & Co. ♦ Platinum ♦ Circa 1920s ♦ 128 ...Category
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond 18k Gold Feather-Like Cuff BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYThis very fine and unusual diamond cuff bracelet by Tiffany & Co. is a stunning piece of jewelry that captures the essence of nature's delicate beauty. Crafted with meticulous attent...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Graffiti Paloma Picasso Diamond Bangle Cuff BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Feasterville, PAA fabulous authentic Tiffany & Co bracelet designed by Paloma Picasso showcasing a Tiffany round brilliant cut diamond weight appx .45ct. The d...Category
Early 2000s Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Backstage Balmain Floral Shawl, 1954By Mark ShawLocated in New York, NYBackstage Balmain Floral Shawl -- Backstage at the 1954 Pierre Balmain Couture show. Image size is 10" x 15" (for 11" x 17" paper size). All Mark Shaw pr...Category
1950s Modern Color PhotographyMaterials
- Pierluigi Spadolini for 1P 'Boccio' Dining or Center Table in Red ResinBy Pierluigi SpadoliniLocated in Waalwijk, NLPierluigi Spadolini for 1P, 'Boccio' dining table, polyurethane resin, Italy, 1972 This dining or center table is designed by Italian architect and designer (1922-2000) Pierluigi Sp...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Contemporary Gaetano Pesce Nugget XXL Vase Resin Clear BlueLocated in barasso, ITNugget vase, clear blue. Vase in soft resin designed by Gaetano Pesce in 1995 for Fish Design collection. Measures: XXL - ø 36cm x H 70cm Colours: clear blue. Other sizes available....Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Arts and Crafts VasesMaterials
- Verdura Gold Beehive Watch Charm BraceletBy VerduraLocated in Palm Beach, FLVerdura 18kt yellow gold rope-twist link bracelet with beehive motif watch charm pendant in 18k yellow gold. The watch pendant measures 25 x 20mm. White lacquered watch dial with "VEDURA" in black and gold dot...Category
2010s Unknown Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow Gold, Gold, 18k GoldFree Shipping
- Lladró Equus Pedestal Bowl by Bodo SperleinBy Bodo Sperlein, LladroLocated in New York City, NYWhite glossy porcelain fountain designed by Bodo Sperlein from the Equus collection. This fountain is part of the Equus series, one of the most innovative and bold projects of Lladró...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Modern Decorative BowlsMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.