A stunning Scottish Agate bracelet from the Victorian (ca1850) era! The piece, which is made with 15kt rose gold, is comprised of 6 ornate agate links. The agate, which is carnelian, banded and moss agate, has beautiful hues of orange, green, black and brown. Each of the links is made of 5 separate pieces of stone which form a simple three-dimensional geometric design. The links are capped at both ends in etched 15kt gold and connect to each other by a simple hinge. The clasp is hidden within the last agate link and there is a safety chain for added security. It is inscribed on the back of the last link with a personal message: "To Ellen Frances Lamont on her 21st Birthday from her Aunt C. C. Lamont Greenock 1856". It is an unusual and fantastic Scottish agate piece that would make a great addition to any collection! The bracelet measures approximately 7" long. Each agate link measures a little more than 1 1/8" wide, 5/8" tall and has a depth of 1/4".
- Of the Period
- Place of originEngland
- Date of manufacturecirca 1850
- ConditionExcellent. The overall condition of the bracelet is excellent. Besides normal surface wear, there is no apparent damage to the agate and the clasp is secure and in good working condition..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
W 1.13 in. x D 7 in. x L 7 in.
W 2.88 cm x D 17.78 cm x L 17.78 cm
- Length7 in. (17.78 cm)
- Seller locationNarberth, PA
- Seller reference number30448
- Reference numberLU3281277393
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: 3 hrs
Located in Narberth, PA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like