Tiffany & Co. 18k Gold Cage Bracelet
About the Item
- Weight:147 g
- Dimensions:Width: 1.5 in (38.1 mm)Length: 6 in (152.4 mm)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Date of Manufacture:1970
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Beverly Hills, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: NS JAROO-08231stDibs: LU6919990032
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Beverly Hills, CA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Tiffany & Co. Bracelet 18k Gold, Snake BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Beverly Hills, CAAn amazing Tiffany & Co. bracelet made of 18k gold. Features a perfectly done hammered snake skin motif. The bracelet is consisted of the gold oval parts that are spherically bent in...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Link BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Vintage 18k Yellow Gold Retro BraceletLocated in Beverly Hills, CAElegant geometrical yellow gold bracelet created in the 1940's. Woven zigzag outline tastefully accentuated in the highest-lowest points by shiny half-pyramids ended with a ball crea...Category
Vintage 1940s Unknown Retro BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Bracelet Pair 18k Gold Gems Estate JewelryBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Beverly Hills, CAA set of two amazing vintage bracelets by Tiffany & Co. made of 18 karat gold, turquoise, sapphire, and lapis lazuli. Both Tiffany bracelets comprise hammered gold square links which frame the gemstones. One vintage bracelet features oval cabochon turquoise alternating with round faceted sapphires. The other vintage bracelet features larger striking blue oval cabochon lapis lazuli and smaller round cabochon turquoise. All the stones are securely four-pong set. The vintage Tiffany bracelet...Category
Vintage 1950s American Link BraceletsMaterials
Blue Sapphire, Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage TIFFANY & Co. PALOMA PICASSO 18k Gold Earrings Heart AmethystBy Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co.Located in Beverly Hills, CABold and colorful earrings created by Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co. in 1983. Heart-shape gorgeous deep purple amethyst is tastefully framed in solid 18 karat yellow gold. The earr...Category
Vintage 1980s American Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Amethyst, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond White Gold Bangle BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Beverly Hills, CAFeminine and timeless bangle bracelet created by Tiffany & Co. in the 1990s. Made of 18 karat (stamped) white gold and set with rose cut diamonds (G-H color, VS clarity, approximate...Category
1990s American BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Yellow Gold Coral Dice Charm BraceletLocated in Beverly Hills, CALovely Tiffany & Co. bracelet with Mediterranean coral dice charms. Wearable and fun, the bracelet is a great addition to your jewelry collection. It brings good luck in a casino ;-)...Category
1990s American More BraceletsMaterials
Coral, Malachite, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Blue Lapis & 18k Gold Beaded BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Scottsdale, AZDo not miss out on the chance to get this ultra-rare piece of fine jewelry that you cannot get anywhere else! This vintage 1950's Tiffany & Co. beaded bracelet has to be in your jewe...Category
Vintage 1950s American Beaded BraceletsMaterials
18k GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18K Gold & Sapphire Thistle Triple Row Link BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAA fine gold and sapphire bracelet. By Tiffany & Co. With three rows of stylized thistle bud links prong set with round cut sapphires. In the style of Jean Schlumberger. Simply ...Category
20th Century Unknown Modern Link BraceletsMaterials
Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold
- French Tiffany & Co. 18k Yellow Gold, Diamond and Sapphire Retro Period BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Palm Beach, FLThis highly stylized French Retro period 18K yellow gold, diamond and sapphire Tiffany & Co. bracelet is an excellent example of jewelry from the period. A single line of scalloped o...Category
Mid-20th Century French Retro Retro BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Woven Gold BraceletLocated in New Orleans, LAFeaturing an enchanting woven design that moves elegantly across the wrist, this gold bracelet was designed by Buccellati for Tiffany & Co. Combining t...Category
20th Century Italian Retro Retro BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18kt Yellow Gold Sapphire BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Bethesda, MDFrom Tiffany & Co., this 1960's bracelet contains 99 blue sapphires. • Metal:18kt Yellow Gold • Designer: Tiffany & Co. • Circa: 1960’s • Gemstone: 99 Sapphires= approximately 8.91...Category
Vintage 1960s Retro BraceletsMaterials
Sapphire, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Yellow Gold Woven Wheat BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Tampa, FLTiffany & Co 18 Karat Yellow Gold Woven Wheat Bracelet 7.5 Inch Length 5.3mm Height 9.5mm Wide Stamped Tiffany & Co 750 35.1 GramsCategory
1990s American Retro Retro BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Recently ViewedView All
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.