- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Retro Cartier Diamond Palladium Floral Double Clip Brooch Pin
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- Cartier French Vintage Diamond 18K Gold Floral Retro Double Clip Brooch PinBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLThis Exquisite 1960's French-made vintage Cartier double brooches pins set are crafted in 18k yellow gold with leaf floral-inspired with textured handmade accents, They composed ...Category
Vintage 1960s French Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$39,999Free Shipping
- 1930s Scroll Diamond Platinum Double Clip Pin BroochLocated in Miami, FLThis exquisite vintage double clip pin brooch is finely crafted in solid platinum. It displays two main diamonds 1.75 cts, G-H color, VS1 clarity, surrounded by 160 genuine round cut...Category
Vintage 1960s Art Deco BroochesMaterials
- Vintage Diamond Sapphire Platinum Double Clip Crown Brooch PinLocated in Miami, FLPresenting outstanding craftsmanship and top-quality diamonds in a heavenly set design with a playful display of life and color. This pin can be worn as a big pin or as a double cli...Category
Vintage 1960s Art Deco BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Blue Sapphire, Sapphire, Platinum$47,999Free Shipping
- !950s Retro Diamond Ruby Floral Bouquet 18 Karat Brooch PinLocated in Miami, FLThe bouquet of flowers will make anyone smile! This vintage 50's brooch was inspired in a floral bouquet and crafted in 18K gold. 3 of the 4 flowers have diamond centers and round ...Category
Vintage 1950s Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold$3,999Free Shipping
- 1960s Boucheron Paris Emerald Diamond Platinum Double Clip Brooch PinBy BUCHERONLocated in Miami, FLThis 1960's vintage Boucheron piece of jewelry is a dual clip lapel brooch crafted in platinum and comprises masterfully designed, naturalistically inspired and diamond swathed scrol...Category
Vintage 1960s French Art Deco BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Platinum
- Vintage Retro Diamond Multicolor Gemstone Yellow Gold Floral Leaf Brooch PinLocated in Miami, FLVintage retro 1970s brooch pin, with a Floral textured leaf design. Crafted in 14K Yellow Gold, they are composed of one round-cut Diamond, G-H, clarity VS. weighing approximately ...Category
Vintage 1960s American Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold$2,299Free Shipping
You May Also Like
Vintage 1940s British Retro Brooches
14k Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold
20th Century French Retro Brooches
Diamond, Blue Sapphire
Vintage 1960s French Brooches
Diamond, Platinum, 18k Gold, White Gold
Vintage 1940s American Retro Brooches
Ruby, White Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Vintage 1940s American Brooches
Diamond, Ruby, Palladium
Vintage 1950s British Retro Brooches
Vintage 1950s Portuguese Retro Brooches
Diamond, 18k Gold
1990s French Brooches
Diamond, Yellow Gold
Mid-20th Century French Brooches
Vintage 1950s Italian Retro Brooches
White Diamond, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery