- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tiffany & Co. Diamond 18 Karat Yellow Gold Platinum Wheat Sheaf Brooch
- MetalGold,18k Gold,Yellow Gold,Platinum
- Stone CutRound Cut
- DimensionsWidth: 1.38 in (35 mm)Depth: 0.4 in (10 mm)Length: 2.96 in (75 mm)
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1970
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 39-16-1861stDibs: LU2040216258382
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Tiffany & Co. Turquoise and Diamond Brooch 18 Karat Yellow and PlatinumBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany & Co turquoise and diamond brooch in 18 karat yellow gold and platinum Circa 1900, this outstanding brooch is set with a superb oval turquoise cabochon measuring approxima...Category
Antique Early 1900s Unknown Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Turquoise, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum$23,370Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Sapphire and Diamond 18 Karat White Gold Crescent Moon BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBTiffany & Co sapphire and diamond 18 karat white gold crescent moon brooch circa 1960. This eye catching retro Tiffany & Co crescent moon shaped brooch is set with excellent mystery...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, White Gold$11,037Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Yellow Gold Diamond Atlas BangleBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany & Co. 18 karat yellow gold diamond Atlas bangle, circa 2015. From Tiffany & Co's iconic Atlas collection this bangle features an open fret work motif of Roman numerals set...Category
2010s European Modern BanglesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$9,804Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co 14 Karat Yellow Gold Lobster Claw Lapel Pin, Circa 1950By Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany & Co 14 karat yellow gold lobster caw lapel pin, circa 1950. This sweet lapel pin depicts an an upturned lobster claw which is beautifully hand detailed to show the crevic...Category
Vintage 1950s American Retro BroochesMaterials
Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$585Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Zig Zag 18 Karat Yellow Gold RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany zig zag 18 karat yellow gold ring An unusual ring by Tiffany & Co designed as a series of plain polished zig zags for a bold design statement! Stamped 'TIFFANY & CO' 18K ...Category
1990s Unknown Modern Band RingsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$6,104Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Victoria Ruby Diamond Line Necklace in 18 Karat Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany & Co Victoria ruby diamond line necklace in 18 karat yellow gold. This outstanding piece is from the recent Victoria collection by Tiffany & Co. The necklace comprises of...Category
2010s British Modern Choker NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Wheat Brooch in 14 Karat Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Tampa, FLTiffany & Co. Wheat Brooch in 14 Karat Yellow Gold Brooch: Metal - 14k Yellow Gold Weight - 3.9 Grams Measurements - 2 x 0.5in Hallmarks - 14k/ G...Category
1990s German Retro BroochesMaterials
Yellow Gold$608 Sale Price52% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Antique Art Deco Diamond Brooch in Platinum & 18 Karat Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Tampa, FLAn exquisite Tiffany & Co. antique art deco brooch featuring impeccable detail and craftsmanship with old european cut diamonds set among delicate filigree and milgrain. The brooch i...Category
Vintage 1910s American Art Deco BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. Angela Cummings 18 Karat Yellow Gold BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Southampton, PAThis Tiffany & Co. by Angela Cummings brooch is crafted from 18K yellow gold and weighs 13.6 grams. It measures 3.25” in length and 0.37” in width. The brooch is offered in estate...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BroochesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,650Free Shipping
- 18k Yellow Gold Tiffany & Co. Brooch with DiamondsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYA beautiful design of 18k yellow gold brooch, depicting twelve leaves with a sprinkle of varied-sized diamonds throughout. The principal diamond, an old miner cut, weighs approximate...Category
Mid-20th Century Contemporary BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold$6,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Diamond 18 Karat Two-Tone Gold Platinum Flower Clip BroochesBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAAlligator style clip brooches open on a hinge Featuring a dimensionally formed flower with rose gold petals And areas of platinum set with single and transitional cut diamonds Wei...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold, Platinum$10,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 6.10 CTW Diamond Platinum 18 Karat Gold Quatrefoil Pendant BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAQuatrefoil pendant brooch centers an old mine cut diamond weighing 1.85 carats - I color with VS clarity Surrounded by four pear cut diamonds weighing in total approximately 2.50 ca...Category
Antique Early 1900s Edwardian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold, Platinum$42,750Free Shipping
- Intini Jewels Mother of Pearl Carved White Flower 18 Karat Gold Handmade RingsBy Intini JewelsLocated in Milano, ITAstonishing and gorgeouis white mother pearl flower ring. Natural carved petals that evoke the italian handmade traditional jewelry work. This delicate design shows the sweetness a...Category
2010s Italian Romantic Cocktail RingsMaterials
Pearl, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$361 / itemFree Shipping
- Ico & the Bird Fine Jewelry 'Fan' Sequin 22k Gold NecklaceBy Ico & the Bird Fine JewelryLocated in Los Angeles, CAA delicate lotus shaped sequin 16.5" necklace. The sequins feature two-tones of gold for visual interest and a hook clasp. Twenty-two drops of 6mmx 5mm and 5.8mm x 4.3mm fan shape...Category
2010s Artisan Chain NecklacesMaterials
22k Gold$2,295Free Shipping
- Angels Dangle Earrings in 18 Kt Yellow Gold with Semi-Precious Stones GiftBy Nicofilimon the Jewelry DesignerLocated in Athens, GRAngels Dangle Earrings in 18 Kt Yellow Gold with Pear and Round Precious Stones A unique pair of errings made of 18Kt yellow gold, set with pear and round semi-precious stones totali...Category
2010s Greek Modern More EarringsMaterials
Tourmaline, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,655Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Bezel Diamond Strand Necklace '1/3 Carat'Located in San Francisco, CASeven (7) Bezel-set diamonds are evenly spaced one (1) inch apart along a delicate chain in this classic necklace..Experience the difference! Product details: Center Gemstone Typ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American More NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold$1,116Free Shipping
- 3.41tcw 18K Natural Opal & Diamond Engagement RingLocated in Jupiter, FLA one of kind, couture-inspired sunset 3.11 carat opal and diamond halo ring. Make it your engagement ring or right-hand ring, it is the perfect statement piece! The focal point in t...Category
2010s American Modern Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Opal, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,600Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.