- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tiffany & Co. Retro Sapphire Diamond Gold Brooch
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sarasota, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Stunning "Retro" Period Tiffany & Co. Brooch with GIA Certified DiamondBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Sarasota, FLYellow Gold circa 1950's Retro period Tiffany & Co Fan Brooch with GIA certified K color VS1 clarity 1.74 carat Old European Cut Diamond.Category
Mid-20th Century Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 14k Gold$12,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Paloma Picasso Squiggle BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Sarasota, FL18k Tiffany & Co Paloma Picasso Squiggle Brooch, 12.96gCategory
21st Century and Contemporary BroochesMaterials
18k Gold$1,800Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Angel Fish Sapphire and Diamond BroochLocated in Sarasota, FL18k Angel Fish brooch with 1.13 carats of diamonds and 9.81 carats of fine blue sapphires. 6.54 grams, 2" x 2 1/4"Category
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold$4,500Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Ruby, Diamond and Sapphire Frog BroochLocated in Sarasota, FL18k Frog brooch with approximately 15.00 carats of Ruby, Diamond & Sapphires 31.93 grams, 2 1/2" x 1 3/4"Category
Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, 18k Gold$5,200Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Lattice 18k Gold and Diamond Necklace, Bracelet & Earring SuiteBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Sarasota, FLTiffany & Co. Lattice 18k white gold Necklace, Bracelet & Earring Suite containing 534 modern round brilliant diamonds weighing approximately 12.00 carats. 145.6gCategory
2010s More NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$39,500Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Diamond and Pearl Dragon BroochLocated in Sarasota, FL18k Dragon brooch with one 14.4mm South Sea Pearl and 4.11 carats of Fancy Intense Yellow round diamonds and 2.41 carats of fine white diamonds. 37.63 grams 3" x 2 1/2"Category
Yellow Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold$12,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Gold Moonstone and Sapphire BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Chicago, ILCirca 1940 Tiffany & Company 14K Rose and Green Gold flowers form Brooch in a very Retro Period style, measuring 2 3/8 inches in length and 2 inches wide. Set with very fine color Mo...Category
Vintage 1940s American Retro BroochesMaterials
Moonstone, Sapphire, 14k Gold$3,195Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Moonstone Sapphire Gold Flower Brooch PinBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYRetro 14k gold flower brooch by Tiffany & Co, set with moonstones and blue sapphires. Measures 71mm x 64mm. Marked Tiffany & C and 14k. Weighs 20.6 grams. SKU#PB-02118Category
Mid-20th Century Retro BroochesMaterials
Moonstone, Blue Sapphire, 14k Gold$3,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 14 Karat Yellow & Rose Gold Sapphire & Diamond Retro BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireCode: J616 Brand: Tiffany & Co. Description: 14k Yellow & Rose Gold Sapphire & Diamond Retro Brooch Accompanied With: Presentation Box Gender: Ladies Brooch Length: 8.7cm Brooch Widt...Category
Vintage 1960s Retro BroochesMaterials
Sapphire, White Diamond, Blue Sapphire, 14k Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold$5,901 Sale Price44% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Sapphire Moonstone 14 Karat Gold Wreath BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PACircular brooch is a radial pattern with prong set gemstones and high polished gold leaf motif Featuring 6.0 x 8.0 mm oval cabochon moonstones - translucent with billowing white adu...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro BroochesMaterials
Moonstone, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, 14k Gold, Gold, Yellow Gold$3,550Free Shipping
- Vintage Retro Tiffany and Co Diamond Sapphire Gold Earrings Pendant Brooch SetBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYVintage Tiffany & Co Retro set of three items Pair of earrings designed as a branch with flower buds Brooch/pendant designed as heart shaped with ridged floral motif 14 karat yellow...Category
Mid-20th Century American Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,920 Sale Price / set20% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Retro Aquamarine Gold BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYRetro 14k gold brooch by Tiffany & Co, with 8.2 x 6mm aquamarine. Brooch is 51mm x 35mm. Marked: Tiffany & Co, 14k. Weight - 9.2 grams.Category
Mid-20th Century Retro BroochesMaterials
Aquamarine, Gold$1,800Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.