- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tiffany & Co. Turquoise and Diamond Brooch 18 Karat Yellow and Platinum
- MetalGold,18k Gold,Yellow Gold,Platinum
- Stone CutCabochon
- DimensionsWidth: 0.63 in (16 mm)Depth: 0.28 in (7 mm)Length: 1.03 in (26 mm)
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1900
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 39-11-1601stDibs: LU2040211359632
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond 18 Karat Yellow Gold Platinum Wheat Sheaf BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany & Co. diamond 18 karat yellow gold platinum wheat sheaf brooch, circa 1970. This iconic brooch by Tiffany & Co. is beautifully crafted in 18 karat yellow gold, featuring a...Category
Vintage 1970s Unknown Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum$4,309Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Sapphire and Diamond 18 Karat White Gold Crescent Moon BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBTiffany & Co sapphire and diamond 18 karat white gold crescent moon brooch circa 1960. This eye catching retro Tiffany & Co crescent moon shaped brooch is set with excellent mystery...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, White Gold$11,179Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Yellow Gold Diamond Atlas BangleBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany & Co. 18 karat yellow gold diamond Atlas bangle, circa 2015. From Tiffany & Co's iconic Atlas collection this bangle features an open fret work motif of Roman numerals set...Category
2010s European Modern BanglesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$9,930Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co 14 Karat Yellow Gold Lobster Claw Lapel Pin, Circa 1950By Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany & Co 14 karat yellow gold lobster caw lapel pin, circa 1950. This sweet lapel pin depicts an an upturned lobster claw which is beautifully hand detailed to show the crevic...Category
Vintage 1950s American Retro BroochesMaterials
Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$593Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Zig Zag 18 Karat Yellow Gold RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA Tiffany zig zag 18 karat yellow gold ring An unusual ring by Tiffany & Co designed as a series of plain polished zig zags for a bold design statement! Stamped 'TIFFANY & CO' 18K ...Category
1990s Unknown Modern Band RingsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$6,183Free Shipping
- Cartier Art Deco Hand and Flower Pin Brooch, 18 Karat Yellow Gold and PlatinumBy CartierLocated in London, GBA Cartier Art Deco hand and flower pin brooch in 18 karat yellow gold and platinum. A fun and playful piece, inspired by French Surrealism featuring a carved coral hand, wearing a s...Category
Vintage 1920s French BroochesMaterials
Coral, Diamond, Onyx, Yellow Gold, Gold, 18k Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Coral Turquoise Diamond Platinum 18k Gold BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYVery fine and rare brooch by Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger. Made in 18k yellow gold and platinum, with an array of cabochon turquoises, corals, and diamonds set throughout. Featuring a...Category
Late 20th Century BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Coral, Turquoise, 18k Gold, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. Turquoise & Diamond BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYTiffany & Co. Turquoise & Diamond Brooch A 14k gold brooch in leaf motif set with two rings of turquoise stones, accented with a stem of 12 round cut diamonds Signed Tiffany & Co....Category
Vintage 1960s BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Turquoise, 14k Gold$15,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Antique Art Deco Diamond Brooch in Platinum & 18 Karat Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Tampa, FLAn exquisite Tiffany & Co. antique art deco brooch featuring impeccable detail and craftsmanship with old european cut diamonds set among delicate filigree and milgrain. The brooch i...Category
Vintage 1910s American Art Deco BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond Platinum BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Los Angeles, CATiffany & Co diamond and platinum abstract swirl brooch circa 1980. Love it because it caught your eye, and we are here to connect you with beautiful and affordable jewelry. Decora...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$15,000Free Shipping
- Diamonds, Turquoise, Platinum and 18 Karat Yellow Gold BroochLocated in Marcianise, Marcianise (CE)SHIPPING POLICY: No additional costs will be added to this order. Shipping costs will be totally covered by the seller (customs duties included). Elegant French flower brooch in 18 ...Category
Vintage 1940s French Retro BroochesMaterials
Turquoise, Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum$4,454Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond and Platinum Daisy BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYThis exquisite Tiffany & Co. Archival Daisy Brooch contains round brilliant diamonds weighing approximately 6.38 total carats set in platinum. Beyond its impressive size exists a flu...Category
Vintage 1940s BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$29,500Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.