Vintage David Webb Pin Brooch Pendant 18k Gold Gems Estate Jewelry
About the Item
- Metal:18k Gold,Yellow Gold,Platinum
- Stone Cut:Mixed Cut
- Weight:25.5 g
- Dimensions:Height: 2.25 in (57.15 mm)Width: 1.75 in (44.45 mm)
- Place of Origin:United States
- Date of Manufacture:1980s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Beverly Hills, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: ITOO 2-231stDibs: LU6918471192
“Women are tired of jewelry-looking jewelry,” celebrated American designer David Webb once noted. In response, he created a menagerie of whimsical animals rendered as rings, brooches, earrings and, especially, bangle bracelets. This playfulness permeates all Webb’s work, which is characterized by brightly hued enamel and color-saturated semiprecious stones like coral, azurmalachite and turquoise, the notable exception being the clear, elegant rock crystal for which he had an affinity.
The North Carolina native apprenticed with his uncle, a silversmith, before moving to New York, where he established David Webb Inc. in 1948. He had no formal training in jewelry design. Instead, he culled inspiration from the ornamental styles of ancient Greece, Mesopotamia, Egypt and the Americas, as well as the traditions of India and China — influences discernible in such pieces as his collar necklaces and talisman-like sautoirs.
Webb’s first animal bracelet was produced in 1957. His most famous, the zebra, took shape in 1963; its stripes now form the company’s logo. Although Webb died in 1975, his company continues to produce designs drawn from his extensive archives, and every piece is still made in the workshop above its Madison Avenue store.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Beverly Hills, CA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Vintage David Webb Pin Brooch Clip 18k Gold Enamel Tiger Estate JewelryBy David WebbLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA cute vintage David Webb brooch in 18 karat yellow gold, featuring enamel and gemstones. Nature has been a constant source of inspiration f...Category
Vintage 1980s American BroochesMaterials
Emerald, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- Cartier Vintage Brooch 18k Gold Gems Enamel Pin Clip Estate JewelryBy CartierLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA rare vintage brooch by Cartier made of 18 karat yellow and white gold with gemstones and enamel. This dainty vintage Cartier brooch is artistic and dramatic. The stylized eye comprises a whole set of the essential elements. It has a hammered gold eyebrow and a line of the white gold eyelashes embellished with diamonds. The lower eyelid is underlined with black enamel. The eye accented with a cabochon emerald and orange quartz. This Cartier vintage pin...Category
Vintage 1950s Unknown Retro BroochesMaterials
Emerald, Quartz, Diamond, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold
- French Vintage Brooch 18k Gold Enamel Gems Duck Pin Clip Estate JewelryLocated in Beverly Hills, CALovely joyful clip created in France in the 1950s. Depicting three ducks, fun and articulated, the brooch is definitely a conversational piece. Colorful and wearable, the clip is a g...Category
Vintage 1950s French BroochesMaterials
White Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Brooch Pin Clip 18k Gold Coral Gems Leo Zodiac Estate JewelryLocated in Beverly Hills, CAAn adorable vintage pin made of 18 karat gold, coral and gemstones. The brooch designed as a cute little lion and can be worn as a Leo Zodiac sign piece of jewelry. The clip is a great gift for everyone born between July 23 and August 22. The lion’s body is carved out of angel skin coral. The head, tale and mane are made of 18 karat yellow gold. The mane is composed of the gold spiky loops. The eyes are accented with emeralds, and the mouth with ruby. This charming creature has plenty of character. Along with carrying an amazing vintage jewelry...Category
Vintage 1970s Unknown BroochesMaterials
Coral, Emerald, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Brooch 18k Gold Diamond Flower Pin Estate JewelryLocated in Beverly Hills, CAAn amazing vintage brooch, made of 18 karat yellow gold and platinum, featuring diamonds. The brooch is designed as a stylized bouquet of flowers or a fire torch. It comprises yellow gold open work elements that could be interpreted either as flower stems or flames. Platinum set diamonds staged between twisted yellow gold wires. This vintage pin was crafted to provide a great dynamic to a still piece. It’s a true jewelry artwork...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- French Vintage Brooch Pin Clip 18k Gold Emerald Estate Jewelry Signed J WLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA joyful, bright vintage gold clip brooch from our French brooches collection. You can see it as an exotic flower or a ripe berry. Either way, this brooch is a true piece of art made with perfection in mind. An opulent flower/berry part is underlined with delicate leaves set with diamonds. The tiny branch looks hyper natural that is a signature of the time of production. This vintage French brooch...Category
Vintage 1970s French BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Platinum, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- David Webb Vintage Diamond Floral Platinum 18K Brooch Pin and PendantBy David WebbLocated in Miami, FLThis remarkably created David Webb vintage brooch pin and pendant was inspired by a floral motif and crafted in Platinum and 18Kyellow gold. Each petal is meticulously detailed with...Category
Vintage 1970s North American Retro BroochesMaterials
- Estate David Webb 18K Gold Turquoise and Diamond BroochBy David WebbLocated in Houston, TXDavid Webb floral brooch composed of 18K yellow gold featuring turquoise and diamonds. There is approximately 16 carats of turquoise and 4.80 carats of round brilliant-cut diamonds,...Category
20th Century American BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Turquoise, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- David Webb 18K Yellow Gold 1970's Lion Pendant BroochBy David WebbLocated in New York, NYUnleash your inner queen with the magnificent David Webb Lion 18K Yellow Gold Brooch. This awe-inspiring piece is a symbol of strength and power, crafted with...Category
20th Century American Modern BroochesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- David Webb, 18K Gold Enamel BroochBy David WebbLocated in New York, NYWeight: 52.6 grams Measurement: 6.0 x 6.0 cmCategory
20th Century BroochesMaterials
18k Gold, EnamelFree Shipping
- Bumble Bee Brooch Pin Diamond Wings Vintage 18k Gold Estate Insect JewelryLocated in Torrance, CAFinely detailed vintage diamond bumble bee brooch, crafted in 18 karat yellow gold. Round brilliant cut diamonds total an estimated 0.50 carats 9estimated at H-I color and VS1-2 c...Category
Mid-20th Century Unknown Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Multi Gem and Diamond Toucan Gold Vintage Brooch Pin Estate Fine JewelryLocated in Montreal, QCSimply Beautiful! Finely detailed Vintage Multi Gemstone and Diamond Wonderful Gold Toucan Brooch. Hand set with Malachite Jasper MOP Agate and Diamond, weighing approx. 0.06tcw. Exq...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern BroochesMaterials
Agate, Malachite, Jasper, Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Recently ViewedView All
Gems by David Webb, Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels Anchor The Back Vault’s Treasure Trove
Boasting one of the largest collections of David Webb in the world, the firm offers exceptional jewels — always in demand yet never in short supply.
These David Webb Diamond Earrings Are Jenna Lyons–Approved
After the style icon wore these jewels on the red carpet, we can't blame her for wanting to keep them.