- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Paris Cufflinks 18 Kt Yellow Gold Stirrup Vintage
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Milan, Italy
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- Vintage Cartier Desk Clock Double Face BrassBy CartierLocated in Milan, ITThis authentic Cartier square shaped desk clock is made in gold brass N°304 with a double silver color dial with applied yellow brass indexes and dauphine hands. The mechanic movemen...Category
Vintage 1950s Swiss Desk AccessoriesMaterials
- Universal Genève Lady Jewelry Bracelet Watch 18kt Rose Gold Diamonds and QuartzBy Universal GenèveLocated in Milan, ITThis refined Universal Genève jewel watch in 18kt rose gold features the caché dial hidden by a shell clasp embellished with citrine quartz and huit-huit cut diamonds. Cash box n. 14...Category
Vintage 1940s Swiss Art Deco Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, Quartz, 18k Gold, Rose Gold$10,622Free Shipping
- Patek Philippe Watch Ref. 2496 “Guilloché” Dial 18 Carat Yellow GoldBy Patek PhilippeLocated in Milan, ITThis piece is quite a mesmerizing experience: a total guilloché from late ‘50’s. The design expands from the Patek signature and the second’s dial, which are the only non decorated p...Category
Vintage 1950s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$18,058Free Shipping
- Vintage Metal Argenté Candlestick by Hermès ParisBy HermèsLocated in Milan, ITStunning candlestick from Hermès Paris made in Metal argenté. The holder is simply beautiful with its discreet elegance and design. Embellished with the iconic Hermès chain that give...Category
Vintage 1960s French Candleholders and CandelabraMaterials
Silver Plate$1,646Free Shipping
- Universal Genève Lady Jewelry Bracelet Watch 18 Carat Yellow Gold and RubiesBy Universal GenèveLocated in Milan, ITParticular jewel watch signed Universal Genève in 18kt yellow gold and ruby pave details. The tilting handle is transformed into a jewel detail that gives a stylish note to the objec...Category
Vintage 1950s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,311Free Shipping
- Omega Wrist Watch "Cinesino" Squared Shaped 18 Carat Yellow Gold White DialBy OmegaLocated in Milan, ITUnusual squared shape 18 kt yellow gold with special fat lugs, snap on back and beautiful white color dial with applied gold indexes and feuille hands. Subsidiary seconds Manual wi...Category
Vintage 1940s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,461Free Shipping
- 18kt Yellow Gold Vintage Cartier Paris Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in Antwerp, BEVintage Cartier Paris Stirrup Cufflinks In 18 Kt Yellow Gold The cuffs are solid 18 karat gold and both signed "Cartier", numbered "133823" and hallmarked at several places. Mater...Category
20th Century CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,045Free Shipping
- Cartier 18kt Fluted Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in Narberth, PAA striking pair of cufflinks from famed maker Cartier! Crafted in vibrant 18kt yellow gold, these cufflinks have a unique hinged triangular design. The visible surface of the cufflin...Category
20th Century Contemporary CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,595Free Shipping
- Cartier Vintage Yellow Gold Stirrup CufflinksBy CartierLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA pair of 18k yellow gold stirrup-shaped cufflinks by Cartier. Stamped with Cartier maker's mark, a hallmark for 18k gold and French marks. Measurements: 3/4” H x 1” W. The weight is...Category
Vintage 1970s French CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,500 / setFree Shipping
- Vintage Cartier Stirrup Cufflinks 18 Karat Yellow Gold, Circa 1950By CartierLocated in London, GBA vintage pair of Cartier stirrup cufflinks in 18 karat yellow gold, circa 1950. Each exquisite cufflink features a tapered fluted design, with a beautiful polished finish and patin...Category
Vintage 1950s Unknown Retro CufflinksMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,872Free Shipping
- Vintage Cartier Stirrup Cufflinks Twisted 18 Karat Yellow Gold, Circa 1950By CartierLocated in London, GBA pair of vintage Cartier stirrup cufflinks in twisted 18 karat yellow gold, circa 1950. Each exquisite cufflink features twisted gold wire in the shape of a stirrup, with a beautif...Category
Vintage 1950s French Retro CufflinksMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,612 / setFree Shipping
- Cartier Paris Double C De Cartier Geometric Cufflinks in Solid 18 Kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLPair of cufflinks designed by Cartier. Beautiful contemporary pair of cufflinks, created in Paris France by the house of Cartier, These pieces have been crafted in solid yellow gold...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Contemporary CufflinksMaterials
Yellow Gold, 18k Gold
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.