- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Paris 1970 Wavy Oval Clips on Earrings in Solid 18kt Yellow Gold
About the Item
Custom ServicesThe addition of a pair of posts to convert to pierced, can be easily done.
- Weight:18.92 g
- Dimensions:Height: 0.83 in (21.09 mm)Width: 0.71 in (18.04 mm)Depth: 0.37 in (9.4 mm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:1970
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. The overall condition of these earrings are excellent. Beside the little normal wear, there is no damage to the gold. This piece has been carefully inspected to guarantee the condition and authenticity.
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: E0000MIOM/.45431stDibs: LU2690216496652
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery. Please be advised, certain types of customizations are not eligible for returns.
- Cartier Paris Vintage Large C Trinity Clip Earrings in Solid 18Kt Tricolor GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLTrinity clips-earrings designed by Cartier. Oversized trinity clips-earrings created in Paris, France by the house of Cartier. They was carefully crafted in solid tricolor gold of 1...Category
Early 2000s Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold
- Hermes Paris 1970 Twisted Wires Clips on Earrings in Solid 18kt Yellow GoldBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLClips on earrings designed by Hermes. Beautiful pair of clip-on earrings, created in Paris France by the luxury house of Hermes, back in the 1970's. They was crafted with twisted wi...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,950Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Tank Francaise Hoop Clips Earrings in Solid 18Kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLTank Francaise hoop earrings designed by Cartier. A extremely popular contemporary design, created in Paris France by the iconic jewelry house of Cartier. These very chic classic pa...Category
Early 2000s French Contemporary Hoop EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,985 / setFree Shipping
- Boucheron Paris Fluted Clips on Earrings in Solid 18kt White GoldBy BoucheronLocated in Miami, FLClips-on earrings designed by Boucheron. Beautiful and elegant pair of earrings, created by the French jewelry house of Boucheron. This classic pair of clips-on earrings was careful...Category
Late 20th Century French Modernist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$3,995Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris C De Cartier Huggies Clips Earrings 18Kt in Gold with VVS DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLHuggies clips earrings designed by Cartier. A very modern pair, created in Paris France by the iconic jewelry house of Cartier. These C de Cartier earrings has been carefully crafte...Category
Early 2000s French Modern Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold
- Fred of Paris 1970 Enamelled Panther Clips on Earrings in 18Kt Yellow GoldBy Fred ParisLocated in Miami, FLClip on earrings designed by Fred of Paris. Rare pair of round clips on earrings, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Fred Joaillier, back in the 1970's. This pair has ...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$7,450Free Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Rope Design Yellow Gold EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYVintage Tiff & Co. 14 karat yellow gold rope design clip on earrings Earrings measuring 0.90 inch in length Marked Tiff & Co 14k Tiffany & Co. is an American luxury jewelry and sp...Category
Late 20th Century American Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
14k Gold, Gold, Yellow Gold$2,250Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris 1970 Very Rare Earrings in Textured 18Kt Gold and Carved Rose WoodBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLPair of Clips-Earrings designed by Cartier. Gorgeous and very rare oval bombe pair, created in Paris France by the iconic jewelry house of Cartier, back in the 1968, These classic a...Category
Vintage 1960s French Modernist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$13,500Free Shipping
- Stylish Pair of 18ct Gold Twisted Scroll Ear Clips by Van Cleef & ArpelsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in London, GBA stylish pair of gold earrings by Van Cleef & Arpels c.1990s, designed as a tapering shell-like scroll in highly polished 18ct yellow gold, the three dimensional domed and ridged fo...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
18k Gold$6,251Free Shipping
- Verdura Multi Gem Set Pearl Gold Torsade NecklaceBy VerduraLocated in New York, NY18k gold torsade necklace by Verdura, with green gemstones, pearls, citrines and tsavorites. Necklace is 18" long, 5 strands. Marked: Verdura. Weight - 347.4 grams.Category
20th Century Italian More NecklacesMaterials
Pearl, Gold$8,000Free Shipping
- Van Cleef And Arpels 1970 Paris 18Kt Gold Clips Earrings With VVS DiamondsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in Miami, FLPair of jeweled clips earrings designed by Van Cleef & Arpels. Great clips created by the Maison in Paris France in the early 1970's. This pair of earrings was carefully crafted wit...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$7,850Free Shipping
- Vintage 18kt. Yellow Gold Clip-On EarringsLocated in Braintree, GBVintage 18kt. yellow gold clip-on earrings, set with brilliant diamonds and rubies. Made in Europe, Ca. 1970's Tested positive for 18kt. gold. Dimensions: Length x width x height: 2...Category
Vintage 1970s Unknown Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold$2,210Free Shipping
- Diamond and 18kt Yellow Gold Clip-On EarringLocated in Monte Carlo, MCClassy 18 kt yellow gold Clip-on earrings. pave-set with approx. 1.95 carat of white brilliant cut diamonds ( FG VS ) This timeless earrings are chick and easy to wear in any circums...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,169 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels 18kt. Yellow Gold Clip-On EarringsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in Braintree, GBVan Cleef & Arpels vintage 18kt. yellow gold Lapis lazuli, Malachite, Coral, and 2.00 ct. brilliant diamond clip-on earrings. Designer: Van Cleef & Arpels Made in France Made in the...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold$19,574Free Shipping
- 18kt Yellow Gold, Diamond & Onyx Clip-on Leaf EarringsLocated in New York, NYPair of Large Leaf form earings , pave set with Diamonds. Approximately 8.5/9 cts of clean, full cut, white Diamonds, pave set. Center stem is carved onyx and leaves are segmented by...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Onyx, 18k Gold$8,500Free Shipping
- Topaz & Opal earrings 18KT yellow gold Vintage clip on omega earringsLocated in Jupiter, FLRare pearl necklace featuring freshwater pearls, natural topaz and fire opal made in 18KT yellow gold. GRAM WEIGHT: 17.73gr GOLD: 18KT yellow gold NATURAL TOPAZ Count: 2 Cut: Cabo...Category
Antique 17th Century Artist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Opal, South Sea Pearl, Blue Topaz, Fire Opal, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,200Free Shipping
- Pomellato 18kt Yellow Gold Clip - On Earrings Big Chain AlikeBy PomellatoLocated in Antwerp, BEPomellato 18kt Yellow Gold Clip - On Earrings Earrings composed by 2 "chain-alike" elements in 18kt yellow gold, the earring is signed and stamped with Pomellato, 750 Material: 1...Category
Vintage 1980s Artisan Clip-on EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,879Free Shipping
- MORPHEW COLLECTION Victorian Handmade Lace & Hand-Woven Cotton Ikat Trapeze DreBy MorphewLocated in New York, NYMORPHEW COLLECTION Victorian Handmade Lace & Hand-Woven Cotton Ikat Trapeze Dress MORPHEW COLLECTION is made entirely by hand in our NYC Ateliér of rare antique materials sourced fro...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Casual Dresses
- 1950S HENRY ASH Buttercream Yellow Pleated Silk Mousseline Structured CocktailLocated in New York, NY1950S HENRY ASH Buttercream Yellow Pleated Silk Mousseline Structured Cocktail DressCategory
1950s British Day Dresses
- Issey Miyake Black Linen Polka Dot Two Piece Skirt Blouse Dress Twin Set 1980sBy Issey MiyakeLocated in Brindisi, BtIssey Miyake vintage women's skirt suit. Top and skirt set, black with colored linen polka dots. One shoulder top, long soft skirt, transparent fabric. 80s. Made in Italy. Excellent ...Category
1980s Italian Twin Sets
- Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent Iconic Runway and Ford Book Dress, 2003By Tom Ford for Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Los Angeles, CASpring/Summer 2003 designed by Tom Ford for the House of Saint Laurent. Flirty sleeveless coffee-colored knee-length silk chiffon dress with large silk rose at bust. Distinct con...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery