Chanel Coin Earrings
View Similar Items
Chanel Coin Earrings
- DimensionsHeight: 3.5 in (88.9 mm)Width: 1.75 in (44.45 mm)
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacture1986-1989
- Conditionvery good.
- Seller LocationChicago, IL
- Reference Number1stDibs: AU11041476212
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Chanel Gold Letter Fringe EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese authentic Chanel Gold Letter Fringe Earrings are in excellent condition form the early 1980’s. Gold tone diamond shaped clip on earrings have ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on Earrings$2,250Free Shipping
- Chanel Gold CC Laser Cut Circle EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese authentic Chanel Gold CC Laser Cut earrings are in exceptionally good vintage condition from the mid to late 1980’s. Gold tone metal, clip on closure. Made in France. Pouch ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on Earrings$2,200Free Shipping
- Chanel Ornate Dangle EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZThese are a rare pair of Chanel earrings that includes a load of ornate details. It features a large "CC" with wavy textures and three dangling pendants. These earrings will create a...Category
Vintage 1980s French Dangle EarringsMaterials
Gold Plate$3,200Free Shipping
- Chanel clip-on earring, consisting of 4 parts, square, circle and drop, 1960sBy ChanelLocated in Stuttgart, DEAbout A very rare Chanel ear clip, black square, glass circle and green and red Gripoix drop. Signed 'CHANEL' on the clip. Measurement Full length 10 cm - the black square 2 x 2 cm, the frosted glass circle 4 cm in diameter, the small green drop 1.5 cm long, the red one 2, 5 cm long. Features - 100% authentic Chanel - 4 parts are hanging one below the other - Signatur 'CHANEL' on the clip, Coco Chanel from the 1960s! - A very rare, exceptional pair of Coco Chanel clip...Category
Vintage 1960s French Art Deco Dangle EarringsMaterials
Crystal, Gold Plate$3,560 / setFree Shipping
- Chanel 1990's Iconic CC logo clip on dangle earringsBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLAs seen on Claudia Shiffer in the original 90's ad campaign 24k gold plated Large dangle earrings the size of a quarter Original Chanel box included Listing price is for the pairCategory
1990s Italian Dangle EarringsMaterials
24k Gold$5,900Free Shipping
- Vintage Chanel CC Logo Woven Interlocking Circles Clip-On Earrings, 1990By ChanelLocated in New York, NYVintage Chanel clip-on earrings, featuring 3 interwoven circles in textured antiqued gold-plated metal. Made in France. Signed. Season 29 (1990). Designed by Victoire De Castellane...Category
1990s French Clip-on Earrings$1,980Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery