- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Faux Pearl Quilted Earrings
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Chanel Lurex Linen Mini ToteBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Mini Tote in lurex linen with gold leather lining. Linen is metallic gold with over quilting with signature chain handles. Charming miniature shopping bag size with logo clasp...Category
1980s French Top Handle Bags
- Chanel Haute Couture Logo Fob BeltBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYSignature Chain link belt by Chanel threaded with thin brown leather strips with 2 sided dangling CC logo fob. 2 sided brown leather. Haute Couture, Unsigned (except for fob). 1960'...Category
1960s French Belts
- Chanel Boucle Elongated Jacket with Beaded TrimBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYA classic Lagerfeld take on a classic from Fall Winter 1992-93. Red wool boucle trimmed in a 3D mix of bugle beads and sequins in the same tones. The jacket has been elongated to be ...Category
1990s French Blazers
- Chanel Pale Lilac Pink Leather and Grosgrain JacketBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in New York, NYIconic Chanel Pale Lilac Pink Lambskin Leather and Grosgrain ribbon jacket by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel. Stand away collar with grosgrain ribbon details threaded thru all the edges a...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Metallic Silver Lambskin MiniBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYUnusual Chanel Metallic Silver Lambskin Shoulder Mini with black lining with original 24K gold plated hardware and original strap. Adorable mini size but a practical mini that can ac...Category
1990s French Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Printed BlouseBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel silk crepe circle printed sleeveless top with gold clover buttons running down the back or front. We have photographed both options. Flared A line shape floats at hip level. 1...Category
1990s French Shirts
- Chanel Gold CC Grooved Button EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese authentic Chanel Gold CC Grooved Earrings are in very good vintage condition from the 1980’s. Circular gold etched background with interlocking CC in the center. Clip on clo...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on Earrings$1,550Free Shipping
- Amazing Chanel Moghul Pate de Verre Paisley Belt, GripoixBy ChanelLocated in Riverdale, NYFabulous Chanel moghul inspired belt of paisley forms set with hundreds of hand poured glass cabochons. An extraordinary wonder of craftsmanship and design, no doubt in sync with the...Category
Vintage 1960s French More Jewelry$19,500Free Shipping
- Trifari Ming Dragon SuiteBy Alfred Philippe for TrifariLocated in New York, NYTrifari Ming Dragon Suite from the early 1940's. Rare and collectible series by Alfred Phillipe for Trifari. Peking glass "stones' as used for the belly and centers of ear clips. Ext...Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco BroochesMaterials
Gilt Metal$4,250Free Shipping
- Sex and The City 2, Iconic John Galliano for Christian Dior Newsprint DressBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in New York, NYBeing offered is the iconic John Galliano for Christian Dior Autumn/Winter 2000-2001 Newsprint Dress worn by Sarah Jessica Parker and lent by Vintage Luxury N.Y. for Sex and the Cit...Category
Early 2000s French Cocktail Dresses
- Chanel Sunburst EarringsBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel sunburst motif earrings in gilt metal with faux mabe pearl. Clip back fittings. France 1980s. 1 3/8" Very Good condition.Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on Earrings$895Free Shipping
- Chanel Baroque Multi-Gemstone 18K Clip Earrings, Aquamarine, Amethyst, PeridotBy ChanelLocated in Honolulu, HIChanel Baroque Collection Earrings Vintage Chanel Baroque Earrings. These gorgeous earrings are crafted in 18K yellow gold and set with an array or Gemstones. The gems on the earring...Category
Late 20th Century French Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Amethyst, Aquamarine, Peridot, 18k Gold$5,200 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Chanel Reversible Diamond, Yellow and Blue Sapphire Comete Ear Clips in 18kY & WBy ChanelLocated in Philadelphia, PAChanel Comete reversible diamond, yellow sapphire and blue sapphire clip-on hoop earrings in 18k yellow gold and 18k white gold with French hallmarks. These reversible earrings can ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Blue Sapphire, Yellow Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yel...$10,500Free Shipping
- Chanel Gold Tone Oval Dangle Crown CC Logo Clip Earrings ‘26‘ 1987 / 1989By ChanelLocated in Central & Western District, HKBrand : Chanel Reference : JW364 Measurement of Earrings : 2cm x 9cm Material : Gilt Metal Year : 1987 /1989 Please Note: the jewelries are guarantee 100% authentic pre-owned there...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gold Plate, Gilt Metal$2,800Free Shipping
- Chanel Gold Tone Plated Square Shiny Stone Dangle CC Logo Clip Earrings, 1997By ChanelLocated in Central & Western District, HKBrand: Chanel Reference: JW382 Measurement of Earrings: 1.7cm x 3.5cm Material: Gilt Metal Year: 1997 Made in France Please Note: the jewelries are guarantee 100% authentic pre-owne...Category
1990s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gold Plate, Gilt Metal
- Chanel Gold Tone Gilt Metal Ribbon Braid Faux Pearl Clip Earrings, 1993By ChanelLocated in Central & Western District, HKBrand: Chanel Reference: JW261 Measurement of Earrings: 2.5cm x 2.5cm Material: Gilt Metal Year: 1993 Made in France Please Note: the jewelries are guarantee 100% authentic pre-owne...Category
1990s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gold Plate, Gilt Metal, Gold$1,500Free Shipping
- Vintage Chanel Custom Gilt Metal Square Faux Pearl Dangle Clip Earrings 1994By ChanelLocated in Central & Western District, HKBrand: Chanel Reference: JW317 Measurement of Earrings: 2.2cm x 4.4cm Material: Gilt Metal Year: 1996 Made in France Please Note: the jewelries are guarantee 100% authentic pre-owne...Category
1990s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Pearl, Gold Plate, Gilt Metal$1,900Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery