VAN CLEEF & ARPELS Diamond Platinum Ear Clips
View Similar Items
VAN CLEEF & ARPELS Diamond Platinum Ear Clips
About the Designer
Van Cleef & Arpels
One of the world’s foremost jewelry houses, Van Cleef & Arpels is particularly noted for a focus on technical virtuosity, craftsmanship and artistry, evident since its beginning. Rather than create earrings, bracelets, necklaces and other adornments primarily for the aim of displaying of wealth and opulence, Van Cleef & Arpels sought to produce jewelry that projected the wearer’s taste and style.
The company was formed a year after the 1895 marriage of Alfred Van Cleef, the son of a gem cutter, to Estelle Arpels, daughter of precious-stones dealer Salomon Arpel. Ten years later, Van Cleef & Arpels opened its first boutique on the Place Vendôme in Paris, setting the march on a square now crowded with dealers in bijouterie. (The company still occupies the New York flagship store opened in 1939 at Fifth Avenue and 57th Street.)
Born from a union of expertise in both jewelry making and gem selection, the Van Cleef & Arpels distinguished itself with both the consistency of the color and clarity of its stones and the creativity of its designs. In doing so, the house would win a roster of dedicated, fashion-conscious clients that included the Duchess of Windsor, Marlene Dietrich, Barbara Hutton, Jacqueline Onassis and Elizabeth Taylor. In 1933, Van Cleef & Arpels patented its trademark Mystery Setting — a technique by which gems are fitted into an intricate matrix of slots and “drawers” that keep the setting hidden. Another signal innovation was the Zip necklace, introduced in 1951, which can be worn either around the neck or, with the zipper closed, as a bracelet.
But as much as to the firm’s craftsmanship, clients have been drawn by the insouciance and playfulness of Van Cleef & Arpels designers, as well as their attunement to the cultural climate. After the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb in 1922, the company produced several lavish pieces featuring hieroglyphics and other Egyptian motifs to go along with the geometric Art Deco jewelry of that decade and the next. Following World War II, as symbols of freedom and rebirth, the firm focused on naturalistic forms such as birds, flowers, fruit and flying insects. High society’s 1960s fascination with the Near East and India prompted such pieces as the best-selling Alhambra necklace, popularized by Princess Grace.
Lately, attention among collectors and connoisseurs has centered on Van Cleef & Arpels’s quality of workmanship as much as its glamour. The firm was the subject of a 2012 show at the Cooper-Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, as well as exhibitions at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, California, in 2013 and at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris in 2014.
Find an exquisite collection of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- Diamond Ear ClipsLocated in New York, NYBeautiful, shimmering 18k gold large ear clips.Set with approx. 2cts of faceted diamonds.Brushed gold. Very fine pierced work. A significant and lovely all-ov...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$8,800Free Shipping
- Citrine and Diamond Ear ClipsLocated in New York, NYSparkling faceted citrine and diamond ear clips. The citrines are approximately 4.50 carats; the diamonds are approximately 1.10 carats. Set in 18K yellow gold. Secure clip=on clo...Category
Vintage 1960s American Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Citrine, Diamond, 18k Gold$2,200Free Shipping
- Gold Pearl & Diamond Snowflake Ear ClipsLocated in New York, NYSparkling pearl and diamond ear clips. These have approximately 3.25cts. of brilliant diamonds, set with a center pearl, 9mm. 18K yellow go...Category
Vintage 1970s American Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Cultured Pearl, 18k Gold$4,800 Sale Price35% OffFree Shipping
- Zolotas Gold Ear ClipsBy ZolotasLocated in New York, NYMost attractive sculptural earrings. Made and signed by ZOLOTAS. 22K textured gold. Beautiful organic shape, with a rich patina. 1" x 1 1/4." Omega backs with posts. Alice Kwa...Category
Vintage 1960s Greek Clip-on EarringsMaterials
22k Gold$4,800Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Crystal Ruby Diamond Gold Ear ClipsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYBeautiful and luminous carved crystal flower ear clips. Made, signed and numbered by TIFFANY & CO. Set with center diamonds, surrounded by bril...Category
Vintage 1940s American Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 14k Gold, Gold$5,600Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Gold, Ruby and Diamond Ear ClipsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYChic half-hoop earrings. Made and signed by TIFFANY & CO. 18K yellow gold, set with sparkling princess-cut diamonds and square step-cut rubies. 3/4" long. Omega clips with posts....Category
1990s American Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold$8,200Free Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Ear ClipsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYComprising a pair of Van Cleef & Arpels earrings designed as pear shaped motifs, set with an opulence of brilliant- cut diamonds throughout, finely crafted in 18k yellow gold, signed...Category
Late 20th Century French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$95,000Free Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Dentelle Ear ClipsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYA quintessentially feminine and elegant pair of openwork lace-like ear clips by Van Cleef & Arpels that dates back to the 1940s, finely crafted in 18k yellow gold, centering luminous...Category
Vintage 1940s American Retro Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$55,000Free Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels Vintage Platinum Pearl Diamond Ear Clips, circa 1980By Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYThe only thing more captivating than a perfectly round, smooth, lustrous pearl is heightened by a scattered diamond halo. These Van Cleef & Arpels Vintage Pearl Diamond Halo Button E...Category
20th Century French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum$37,800Free Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels Gold and Diamond Ear ClipsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYThese ear clips feature a geometric design, set with lapis lazuli, malachite, coral, and diamonds. - The diamonds weigh a total of approximately 0.50 carat - Signed Van Cleef & Arpe...Category
Vintage 1980s French Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Coral, Diamond, Lapis Lazuli, Malachite, Yellow Gold
- 1970s Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Hoop Ear ClipsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYA magnificent pair of 1970's Van Cleef & Arpels earrings adorned with several duos of brilliant-cut diamonds finely crafted in 18k yellow gold inside and out. Signed Van Cleef & Arpe...Category
Vintage 1970s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$35,000Free Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels Emerald Ruby Diamond Gold Ear ClipsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYA sophisticated and colorful pair of pear shaped ear clips by Van Cleef & Arpels, with fine brilliant diamonds, embellished by cabochon rubies and emeralds. Made in France, circa 1...Category
Vintage 1960s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Emerald, Ruby, White Diamond, 18k Gold$48,000Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
Gems by David Webb, Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels Anchor The Back Vault’s Treasure Trove
Boasting one of the largest collections of David Webb in the world, the firm offers exceptional jewels — always in demand yet never in short supply.
This Turquoise Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Necklace Is a Rare and Alluring Find
You know the French maison’s famous motif well. But why is this particular piece so in demand?
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery