Vintage Signed Chanel 93C Blue Enameled Earrings
View Similar Items
Vintage Signed Chanel 93C Blue Enameled Earrings
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacture1990s
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberSeller: CH-79891stDibs: AU121018334221
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Chanel Flower EarringsBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYSigned by Chanel flower earrings, finely crafted in 18k yellow gold with diamonds weighing a total of approximately 0.40 carat.Category
20th Century French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$3,800Free Shipping
- Chanel Comete Diamond Rock Crystal Earrings Vintage 18 Karat White GoldBy ChanelLocated in Torrance, CAOverview: Elegant pair of estate Chanel Comete rock crystal & diamond earrings (circa 1999), crafted in 18 karat white gold. Diamonds total an estimated 0.20 carats (0.10 carats e...Category
1990s French Modern Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$1,975Free Shipping
- Chanel Gold Plated Mabe Pearl Disc EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZDesigner: Chanel Material: gold plated Weight: 22.90 grams Dimensions: earrings measure 28.5mm wideCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Pearl, Gold Plate$600Free Shipping
- Rare Vintage Chanel 1980s Red, White, & Gold Tone CC Earrings 1.5 Inch DiameterBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese amazing vintage Chanel earrings are from the early 1980's and are extremely rare. The beautiful red and white resin material is in excellent condition. They measure a large 1 ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
- Chanel Gold Tone CC Earrings 15/16 Inch Diameter from the 1997 Spring CollectionBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLLovely Gold Tone CC Chanel earrings from the spring 1997 collection. Measuring just under 1 inch at 15/16 inch diameter. The clips are firm and t...Category
1990s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
- Vintage Chanel Jumbo Black Leather and Gold Tone Earrings 1 13/16 inchBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese Vintage Chanel Jumbo Black Leather and Gold Tone earrings are for the lady who likes to make a big statement. They measure just under 1 7/8 inches in diameter. From the Chanel 29...Category
1990s French Clip-on Earrings$1,500Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery