Chanel quilted bag 2.55 motif earrings
View Similar Items
Chanel quilted bag 2.55 motif earrings
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Oval Cascading Chandelier 18K Yellow and White Gold Diamond EarringsBy Valentin MagroLocated in New York, NYLayers of luminous 18k yellow gold ovals and brilliant cut diamonds form hoop earrings. A total of 190 brilliant cut diamonds embellish the design, weighing 1.49 carats, beginning wi...Category
2010s American Dangle EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$20,990Free Shipping
- Platinum Blue Sapphire and Tahitian Pearl Drop EarringsBy Valentin MagroLocated in New York, NYVibrant indigo and navy shades of sapphires sparkle in these earrings. The design begins with a single row of four oval sapphires, which feature brilliant cut diamonds on the sides. ...Category
2010s American Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Black Pearl, Natural Pearl, Pearl, Sapphire, Diamond, White Diamond, Blu...$39,990Free Shipping
- Art Nouveau White Rose Cut Diamond Emerald Yellow Gold Clip-On Flowers EarringsBy Luigi FerraraLocated in Naples, ITFor any problems related to some materials contained in the items that do not allow shipping, please contact the seller with a private message to solve the problem. We can ship every...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Art Nouveau Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Emerald, 9k Gold, Yellow Gold, Sterling Silver$1,564 Sale Price30% OffFree Shipping
- Art Deco Style Mediterranean Red Coral White Diamond Onyx Yellow Gold EarringsBy Luigi FerraraLocated in Naples, ITFor any problems related to some materials contained in the items that do not allow shipping, please contact the seller with a private message to solve the problem. We can ship every...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Art Deco Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Coral, Diamond, White Diamond, Onyx, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,173 Sale Price30% Off
- Handcrafted 18 Karat Yellow Gold Amethyst Design Dangle EarringsBy Rossella UgoliniLocated in Rome, ITRossella Ugolini design collection, contemporary jewels. Handcrafted Earrings in 18 Karat Yellow Gold and Purple Amethyst . Oval cut Amethyst dangle earrings that reflect a Modern style Handcrafted in 18 Karat Yellow Gold and embellished with a deep purple Amethyst. The sculptural design provides an extra shiny surface of the disk and a subtle play of the shadow and light that remind the moon surface. You can wear the earrings every day and the piece can be ordered as a clip - on earrings. All stones have a meaning: Amethyst relieves an individual from stress and strain. By choosing a jewel from the Rossella Ugolini collection, you are not only choosing to support a unique, careful and meticulously built savoir-faire, built over years of work and artistic experimentation; by choosing the ""well-made"" by hand, you contribute to the growth and diffusion of a sector full of value, storytelling, culture and inspiration, in which Beauty plays a fundamental role: as inspirer and muse of the soul." Rossella Ugolini Jewelry Designer's collection is 100% handcrafted with loads of love in Rome. An exclusive design, enriched by the most precious metals and gems, gives shape to Rossella's daily inspirations and a lifetime passion, framed by the timeless beauty of Rome and its enchanting atmosphere. Quality comes from attention to detail. Each Rossella Ugolini's item is unique and never worn or owned before. Each box is wrapped with paper and ribbons in a color that matching the jewelry. In addiction you will find a handwritten card and a watercolor drawing of the piece. The box is seal with a wax lacquer seal . Feel free to contact us for any jewel's customization, we'll be pleased to create a one-of-a-kind piece on request for you. The strength of the collections proposed by Rossella Ugolini comes from the quality of the product, still characterized today by a strong artisan imprint and attention to detail. The company has always been faithfully linked to a Made in Italy that accompanies the jewels from the choice of the best precious stones, subjected to careful selection, up to the final packaging for which a finish aimed at a perfect fit of the jewel is always required . Today, in the Rome Atelier, we are committed to obtaining excellence from every single product. The laboratory entirely dedicated to design and handmade creations is also located in Rome. By choosing a jewel from the Rossella Ugolini collection, you are not only choosing to support a unique, careful and meticulously built savoir-faire, built over years of work and artistic experimentation; by choosing the ""well-made"" by hand, you contribute to the growth and diffusion of a sector full of value, storytelling, culture and inspiration, in which Beauty plays a fundamental role: as inspirer and muse of the soul. Details: Handcrafted 18 Karat Yellow Gold Amethyst Design...Category
2010s Italian Modern Dangle EarringsMaterials
Amethyst, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,482Free Shipping
- 52.55 Carat GRS Certified Unheated Burmese Blue Sapphire and Diamond EarringsLocated in Admiralty, HK52.55 Carat GRS Certified Unheated Burmese Blue Sapphire and Diamond Earrings: An elegant pair of earrings, it features two rose cut unh...Category
2010s Hong Kong Contemporary Dangle EarringsMaterials
Blue Sapphire, Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$12,000Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.