CHRISTIAN LACROIX GEOMETRIC EARRINGS
View Similar Items
CHRISTIAN LACROIX GEOMETRIC EARRINGS
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacture1990S
- Seller LocationWinnetka, IL
- Reference Number1stDibs: A120615936549D
About the Designer
At a time when sharp padded shoulders and crisp lines were trending, Christian Lacroix created venturesome clothing that was bubbly, flirtatious and exuberant.
The iconic French fashion designer, whose body of work includes handbags and purses, evening dresses, jackets and lots more, has always favored theater over fashion. He has long integrated corsets and bustles into his work, drawing on diverse cultures and citing epic historical dramas as inspirations. Today he is creating opera costumes, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that his colorful and voluminous garments captured the excesses and defined the extravagant frivolity of the 1980s as well as the sensuality and boldness of the 1990s.
Lacroix studied art history at the University of Montpellier and museum studies at École du Louvre and the Sorbonne in Paris. He aspired to become a museum curator or costume designer but instead entered the world of fashion, specifically haute couture, with the support of his now-wife Françoise Rosenthiel, who helped get his sketches to Hermès. Lacroix was offered an assistant job at the legendary luxury brand and later worked as a designer at the House of Patou in 1981.
Lacroix’s career flourished and his profile soared from then on, as he established his own label in 1987, using layers of fabric and consistently clashing prints in his designs for opulent pouf skirts, vibrant floral maxi day dresses as well as jewelry and watches that commanded attention. He created a ready-to-wear line for Italian manufacturer Genny and dressed dancers at the American Ballet Theatre company.
Lacroix became the artistic director of Italian fashion house Emilio Pucci in 2002, and, over time, he continued to secure work in the fields of theater, opera and other performance art, designing costumes for a range of stage productions. Alongside designs by Stella McCartney, Karl Lagerfeld and others, Madonna wore a corset during her 2004 “Re-Invention World Tour” that was created for her by Lacroix.
Today, the maison founded by the designer in 1987 is owned by the Falic Fashion Group, but Lacroix continues to design womenswear for brands such as Desigual as well as for the stage. His larger-than-life aesthetic has also been translated into a range of accessories and fragrances as well as various interior furnishings such as tableware and household linens. Lacroix has completed interior design projects at a number of hotels and has partnered with the likes of Christofle and other firms over the years. In whatever form it takes, the sumptuousness and glamour of a Lacroix design is unmistakable.
Find a range of vintage Christian Lacroix clothing, jewelry and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Christian Lacroix Gold Dangle EarringsBy Christian LacroixLocated in Scottsdale, AZElevate your look with these amazing Lacroix earrings! Circa 1980s, these dangle earrings feature a geometric shape resembling scales that hang freely from chainlink drops with a cry...Category
Vintage 1980s French Dangle Earrings$575Free Shipping
- Christian Lacroix Paris clip-on earrings with heart & rhinestones in pink/greenBy Christian LacroixLocated in Stuttgart, DEA beautiful ear clip from Christian Lacroix Paris. Consists of the famous Lacroix heart with a flower in rose rhinestones and a large green rhinestone dripping from it. A summer drea...Category
20th Century French Artisan Dangle EarringsMaterials
Crystal, Gold Plate, Gilt Metal
- Christian Lacroix Paris Futuristic Enamel and Jeweled Dangle Clip EarringsBy Christian LacroixLocated in Atlanta, GAGorgeous Christian Lacroix Paris futuristic clip-on earrings. Featuring textured gilt metal framing, with long dangling and articulated design, ornate with hot pink enamel and topped...Category
1990s French Modernist Dangle EarringsMaterials
Enamel, Gilt Metal$1,500 / setFree Shipping
- Christian Lacroix Purple-Red Enamel Dangle Clip EarringsBy Christian LacroixLocated in Atlanta, GAHandsome Christian Lacroix Paris signed clip-on earrings. Silvered metal sort of lace design, pierced and see-thru, with tiny dangling charms, ornate wi...Category
Early 2000s French Modernist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
- Christian Lacroix Oversized Resin Clip Earrings Black and Pink Zebra PatternBy Christian LacroixLocated in Atlanta, GAStunning Christian Lacroix Paris resin clip-on earrings. Oversized black and pearlized pink colors with zebra textured pattern, featuring stylized huge "CL" dangling shape. Signed on...Category
Vintage 1980s French Modernist Dangle Earrings
- Christian Lacroix Dangle Clip Earrings Purple and Pistachio Resin HeartBy Christian LacroixLocated in Atlanta, GAStunning Christian Lacroix Paris signed clip-on earrings. Oversized bright colors resin dangling shape, featuring abstract flowers and heart ornate with clear crystal rhinestones. Fa...Category
1990s French Modern Dangle EarringsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery