- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Faberge 18 Karat Yellow Gold and Red Enamel Heart Earrings with Certificate
About the Item
Best known for creating the lavishly ornate and intricately devised Imperial Easter eggs given by the last czars to their families as annual holiday gifts, the House of Fabergé was the most prestigious Russian luxury goods maker of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Serving the aristocracy and the well-to-do through stores in St. Petersburg, Moscow and as far afield as London, Fabergé crafted a wide range of jewelry, clock cases, silver and myriad objets de vertu that included picture frames, cigarette boxes, cufflinks and carved hardstone floral and animal figurines. Following the revolution, the firm was closed by the Soviet state in 1918.
Master goldsmith Gustav Fabergé, a descendant of Huguenot emigrées, founded the company in St. Petersburg in 1842. The firm did a brisk trade among the lesser nobility and the merchant class, but it flourished under the guidance of Gustav’s eldest son Peter Carl Fabergé, who took over in 1872.
Cosmopolitan, widely-traveled and himself a master goldsmith, the younger Fabergé drew early design inspiration when he volunteered to catalogue and restore pieces in the imperial jewelry collection in the Hermitage. Fabergé pieces based on historical jewelry from the Hermitage caught the attention of Czar Alexander III at a Moscow exhibition in 1882, and three years later he commissioned the first Imperial Easter egg as a gift for the czarina. (Relatively simple in design compared to the complex cloisonné-adorned eggs that followed, the first egg was a white-enameled ovoid containing a gold “yolk” that held a gold hen, which in turn contained a replica of the imperial crown from which hung an egg-shaped ruby pendant.) Czar Nicholas II continued the tradition, presenting two eggs each Easter — one for his wife and one for his mother. As the appointed goldsmith to the royal court, the House of Fabergé became the darling of Russian aristocrats as well as wealthy patrons across Europe. Many and varied objets — hundreds of thousands by one count — were made to meet their demand. The firm employed some 500 craftsmen and designers when it was shuttered.
After the Russian Revolution, the Fabergé name and trademark endured a checkered passage through the 20th century. Family members left their homeland in 1918 and set up a new business in Paris that was mainly concerned with repairing and restoring earlier-made wares. The name was adopted by an American fragrance and beauty products maker in the late 1930s, and later authorized by the family in a 1951 agreement. The trademark has been subsequently sold several times, and attached to numerous products including jewelry.
For connoisseurs, true Fabergé refers to items made in the firm’s brief, golden decades from 1885 to 1917. Collectors are advised to make a study of Fabergé works in museum collections such as the Victoria & Albert and the Royal Collection in London to gain an understanding of the quality of genuine goods made by the original firm, and then to purchase only from reputable and reliable dealers, such those at 1stDibs.
As you will see from the vintage jewelry and objects on these pages, Fabergé pieces are richly redolent of a romantic past, and a source of thorough delight.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Faberge 18 Karat Gold, White and Turquoise Enamel Earrings with CertificateBy FabergéLocated in New York, NYThese classic huggy earrings are crafted using the traditional Faberge guicholle enameling technique. Crafted with seven layers of white and turquoise enamel in a dot pattern and fur...Category
Early 2000s German Modern Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$3,800Free Shipping
- Faberge 18 Karat Gold, Enamel Egg Pendant Necklace with Diamonds, CertificateBy FabergéLocated in New York, NYThis modern 18 karat yellow gold Faberge pendant by Victor Mayer features 3 hanging eggs in peach, yellow and mint guilloche enamel. The enamel eggs are hanging from an 18 karat whit...Category
Early 2000s German Modern Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Gold, Enamel$5,800 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Cellini Jewelers 18 Karat Yellow Gold and Red Enamel Star EarringsBy CelliniLocated in New York, NYCellini Jewelers NYC, 18 karat yellow gold large round button earrings designed with red guilloche enamel and applied with star shaped gold details. The earrings are pierced with a p...Category
1990s Italian Retro Clip-on EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$4,650 / itemFree Shipping
- Modern Faberge Gold Diamond Cabochon Sapphire and Enamel EarringsBy FabergéLocated in New York, NYThese modern 18 karat white gold earrings are set with an oval blue cabachon sapphire surrounded by round brilliant diamonds. Royal blue guilloche enamel enhance the curve of these ...Category
Early 2000s German Contemporary Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold$7,480Free Shipping
- Faberge 18 Karat Gold Peach Enamel Huggy Earrings #96/300, with CertificateBy Modern FabergéLocated in New York, NYThese modern Faberge 18 karat yellow gold huggy style pierced earrings are crafted in a soft peach guilloche enamel with gold detailing. The earrings were created by Victor Mayor. Cr...Category
Early 2000s German Art Nouveau Hoop EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$2,950Free Shipping
- Modern Faberge 18 Karat Yellow Gold and Blue Enamel Ring with Diamond RowBy FabergéLocated in New York, NYModern Faberge by Victor Meyer, 18 karat yellow gold ring has two rows of blue guilloche enamel, and a center row of diamonds totaling .18 carats. Ring Size 7.25, can be sized. T...Category
Early 2000s German Art Nouveau Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$4,700Free Shipping
- Fabergé White Gold Teal Guilloché Enamel Snowflake Surprise Locket 1151FP1919By FabergéLocated in Wilmington, DEFabergé Heritage White Gold Teal Guilloché Enamel Snowflake Surprise Locket. 18k white gold 45 round white diamonds 0.41cts (G VS+) 18k white gold chain 50cm egg size 22mm 1151FP1919Category
2010s Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, White Gold, Enamel$11,500Free Shipping
- Bulgari Rome Elizabeth Taylor Style Colombian Emerald Diamond Necklace SetBy BvlgariLocated in New York, NYBulgari Rome Elizabeth Taylor Style Colombian Certified Emerald Diamond NecklaceDetaches Into Two Bracelets and Detachable Pendant An 18k yellow gold necklace was set with sixteen ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold
- Faberge Circular Green Enamel Silver-Gilt Gold Pill BoxBy FabergéLocated in London, GBAn early twentieth century Faberge circular green enamel silver-gilt and gold pill box, the translucent grass green enamel upon an engine-turned guilloche ground with radiating patte...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Russian Victorian Enamel Frames and ObjectsMaterials
- Fabergé Rose Gold Green Guilloché Enamel Elephant Surprise Locket 1308FP2346By FabergéLocated in Wilmington, DEFabergé Heritage Rose Gold Green Guilloché Enamel Elephant Surprise Locket. 18k rose gold 17 round brilliant white diamonds 0.31ct (G VS+) 18k rose gold chain 50cm egg size 22mm 1308...Category
2010s Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Rose Gold, Enamel$10,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. GIA 17.06 Ct D Internally Flawless Type IIA Cushion Diamond RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYThis one-of-a-kind piece features a 17.06 carat Type IIa elongated cushion brilliant diamond with D color and Internally Flawless clarity. This incredible diamond is mounted in a cus...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Platinum
- Fabergé 18k Yellow Gold Purple Enamel Earrings Amethyst 28 Diamonds 0,28 Ct G/IFBy FabergéLocated in Pforzheim, DELimited edition Fabergé 18k yellow gold purple enamel earrings, amethyst, 28 diamonds total 0,280 ct G/IF, limited edition, No. 47 of 1000, with certificate of authenticity. For tw...Category
Early 2000s German Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Amethyst, Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel
- modern Fabergé Floral Enamel and Diamond Earrings, 18 Karat Yellow GoldBy Modern FabergéLocated in New York, NYA beautiful pair of modern Fabergé Floral Orange Enamel and Diamond Earrings made in 18 Karat Yellow Gold. The enamel has a matte finish. Diamond Weight: 0.73 carats. Total Weight: 1...Category
20th Century Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$6,000Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Earrings with Diamonds and Yellow SapphiresBy JT Jewellery TheatreLocated in Kowloon City District, HK- 73 Round Diamonds – 0.63 ct E-F/VS - 34 Round Yellow Sapphires – 0.55 ct - 18 K Yellow Gold - Weight: 7.94 g This amazing lemon-shaped earrings from Caravaggio collection is decor...Category
2010s Hong Kong Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,600Free Shipping
- Fabergé Diamond Gems Yellow Gold 18K EarringsBy FabergéLocated in Geneva, CHFabergé Diamond Gems Yellow Gold 18K Earrings. Diamonds 62-Round -0,72ct VS1. Emeralds 20-Round-0,47ct. Blue Sapphires 32-Round-1,18ct. Rubis 34--Round-1,69ct. Tsavorite. Gross we...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Drop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Blue Sapphire, Tsavorite, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$13,900Free Shipping
- Faberge Guilloche Enamel and Diamond Half Hoop Earrings in 18 Karat Yellow GoldBy FabergéLocated in Scottsdale, AZAbsolutely stunning earrings designed by Faberge. These exquisite half hoop huggie earrings are made of luxurious 18 karat yellow gold. The front is adorned with a polished red and b...Category
20th Century German Contemporary Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$4,375 / setFree Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Earrings with Diamonds Rubies Yellow SapphiresBy JT Jewellery TheatreLocated in Kowloon City District, HK- 18 Round Diamonds - 0.28 ct, D-F/VVS - 16 Round Rubies - 0.38 ct - 18 Round Yellow Sapphires - 0.62 ct - 18K Yellow Gold - Weight: 6.71 g This pair of earrings from the Byzantium ...Category
2010s Hong Kong Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Yellow Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,000Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
A Centuries-Old Style, Lockets Have Never Lost Their Romantic Appeal
Emblems of heartfelt emotion, elegant vessels for photos and keepsakes and perfect for layering, these special ornaments are an essential component of any thoughtfully curated jewelry collection.
Everything You’d Want to Know about Enamel Jewelry
From vibrant to subtle, elegant to cheeky, enamel jewelry encompasses a wide range of colors and styles, and there are almost as many techniques for creating these distinctive pieces.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery