- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Hindu Diamond 18k Yellow Gold Stud Earrings Papers
About the Item
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Cartier Constellation Diamond 18k Yellow Gold Wrap EarringsBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThese gorgeous Cartier lever-back wrap earrings from the classic Constellation collection feature intertwined bands crafted in 18k yellow gold and set brilliant-cut round D-F VVS1-VV...Category
1990s Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold$7,100Free Shipping
- Cartier D'Amour Diamond 18k Rose Gold Bracelet PapersBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThis elegant Cartier bracelet from the D'Amour collection is crafted in 18k rose gold and bezel-set with 7 D-E-F VVS1-VVS2 brilliant-cut round diamonds weighing an estimated 0.60 car...Category
2010s Link BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Rose Gold$6,875Free Shipping
- BVLGARI Carnelian Onyx 18k Rose Gold Earrings PapersBy BvlgariLocated in New York, NYThese fabulous Bulgari stud earrings are crafted in 18k rose gold engraved with the Bvlgari logo and set with round red carnelian and black onyx stones. Made in Italy circa 2021. Mea...Category
2010s Stud EarringsMaterials
Carnelian, Onyx, Rose Gold$2,750Free Shipping
- Cartier Maillon Panthere 18k Yellow Gold Wrap EarringsBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThese iconic lever-back wrap earrings from Cartier's classic Maillon Panthere collection are crafted in 18k yellow gold. An emblematic design for every day elegance. Made in France c...Category
1990s Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold$4,500Free Shipping
- Cartier Diamond 18k White Gold Tassel Pendant Necklace Box PapersBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThis exquisite Cartier long chain necklace is crafted in 18k white gold and features tassel pendant bezel-set with 30 D-E-F VVS1-VVS2 brilliant cut-round diamonds. Made in France cir...Category
2010s Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$18,900Free Shipping
- Cartier Ruby Diamond 18k Yellow Gold Ring BandBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThis chic Cartier Bombé band is crafted in 18k yellow gold and set an estimated 0.16 carat brilliant-cut round F-G VVS2-VS1 diamond and a pair of round rubies weighing an estimated 0...Category
1990s French More RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Yellow Gold$2,750Free Shipping
- Cartier Diamant Legers Diamond 18K Yellow Gold Stud EarringsBy CartierLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2The Diamants Legers collection from Cartier is all about bringing feminine elegance into light by deploying exceptional diamonds into minimalist designs, and the idea is well-transla...Category
2010s French Contemporary Stud Earrings$2,378Free Shipping
- Boucheron Serpent Boheme Diamond Earrings in 18K GoldBy BoucheronLocated in Dallas, TXBeautifully crafted pair of Boucheron Serpent Boheme earrings in 18 karat yellow gold and featuring approximately 1.3 carats of sparkling pave-set diamonds. The Serpent Boheme collec...Category
Late 20th Century French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$8,800 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the Yard Bezel Stud Earrings Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Tampa, FLTiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti Diamonds By the Yard Bezel Stud Earrings Yellow Gold A perfect everyday size, these clean bezel set round brilliant cut diamond stud earrings are done in ...Category
2010s North American Stud EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,720 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Cartier Ladies Classic Tank Watch on Special Boutique BraceletBy CartierLocated in Chicago, ILCirca 2000 Cartier Ladies Classic Tank Wrist Watch on limited edition Bracelet, 25 X 18 M.M. 18K Yellow Gold 2 Piece case, Quartz movement, White Dial with Black Roman Numerals, Sapp...Category
Early 2000s French Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold$7,095Free Shipping
- Bulgari Doppio Pearl and Diamond Gold RingBy BvlgariLocated in Geneva, CHBulgari Pearl and Diamond Gold Ring Circa 1990. Signed Bulgari, Italian marks. Ring size: 6 1/2.Category
1990s Italian Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, Gold$7,900Free Shipping
- Cartier 18K White Gold Diamond Panthere Stud EarringsBy CartierLocated in New York, NYEach is designed as a panther's head set with diamonds, emerald eyes and onyx nose. A delightful pair of Cartier 18k gold diamond, emerald and onyx earrings from the Panthere de Car...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Modern Stud EarringsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$16,000 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Cartier 18K White Gold Diamond Panthere Heads Stud EarringsBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier 18K White Gold Diamond Panthere Heads Stud Earrings. Each designed as a panther's head set with diamonds, emerald eyes and onyx nose. Metal: 18k white gold. Panthère de Cart...Category
20th Century French Modern Stud EarringsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold, 18k Gold$17,280 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- 18k Yellow Gold Diamond Pinwheel Stud EarringsLocated in Duluth, GABrand : Annao Jewelry mosaic material diamond Precious Metal Condition 18K Gold Certificate of authenticity Appraisal certificate color 18k Yellow Gold Diamond Pinwheel Stud Earr...Category
2010s Hong Kong Contemporary Stud EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold$1,200Free Shipping
- Certified Yellow Diamond 18K Gold Stud EarringsLocated in Hong Kong, HKThese intricate earrings feature lustrous oval-shaped Yellow diamonds with halos of sparkling yellow and white diamonds. Bold and striking, these earrings will add a touch of sophist...Category
2010s Hong Kong Contemporary Stud EarringsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yell...$4,900Free Shipping
- Cartier Panthere Diamond Green Emerald & Onyx Stud Earrings 18K White GoldBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA delightful pair of Cartier 18k gold diamond, Green Emerald and Onyx earrings from the Panthere de Cartier collection. These earrings are set with approximately 120 round cut diamon...Category
2010s Modern Stud EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Onyx, 18k Gold, White Gold$22,100Free Shipping
- Pink Tourmaline Diamonds 18k Yellow Gold Stud EarringsLocated in Pamplona, NavarraPink tourmaline diamonds yellow gold stud earrings. 18 karat gold. Diamonds Brilliant cut. Oval cut tourmaline. Stud and clutch system Condition: Good. There is a slight difference b...Category
Vintage 1970s Unknown Modern Stud EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Tourmaline, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,162Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery