- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tiffany & Co. Pearl and Enamel 18 Karat Yellow Gold Earrings
About the Item
- Weight:25.25 g
- Dimensions:Width: 0.87 in (22 mm)Depth: 0.48 in (12 mm)
- Place of Origin:United States
- Date of Manufacture:1980s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Atlanta, GA
- Reference Number:Seller: FD#1598-ATL1stDibs: LU53335107743
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Atlanta, GA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Tiffany & Co. Vannerie Woven Button Earrings in 18 Karat GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GAItem Details: These earrings by Tiffany & Co have been crafted in a woven button design with French clips. Circa: 1990s Metal Type: 18 karat yellow gold Weight: 9 grams Dimensions: ...Category
1990s Modern Stud EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold$3,500Free Shipping
- Judith Ripka Sterling Silver, 18 Karat Yellow Gold, Diamond EarringsBy Judith RipkaLocated in Atlanta, GAJudith Ripka Huggie Post Earrings - Sterling Silver, 18 Karat Yellow Gold, Diamonds Features: Sterling Silver 18 Karat Yellow Gold Diamonds Iconic designer Judith Ripka Design Aut...Category
Late 20th Century American Contemporary Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Sterling Silver$1,300Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Yellow Gold T RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GATiffany and Co. T Ring - 18 karat Yellow Gold This beautiful Gold Ring comes from the Tiffany and Co. T Collection. The simple, elegant design boasts clean, contemporary geometric ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$700Free Shipping
- David Yurman Albion Citrine and 18 Karat Gold, Sterling Silver EarringsBy David YurmanLocated in Atlanta, GADavid Yurman Albion Earrings - 18 Yellow Gold, Sterling Silver, Lemon Citrine Features a cushion cut, faceted Lemon Citrine bezel set in high polish 18 Karat Yellow Gold. A rich, hi...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Modern Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Citrine, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Sterling Silver$1,200Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Enamel and Diamond Frog Brooch, 18 Karat GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GAItem Details: Metal type: 18 Karat Yellow Gold Weight: 7.81 grams Measures: 1 Inch length x width Diamond Details: Accent Diamonds on the Eyes of the Frog Cut: Round Color: G Clari...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Enamel$4,400Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Yellow Gold Oval CufflinksBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GATiffany and Co. West Germany Whale Back Cufflinks - 18 Karat Yellow Gold Circa 1988 Hallmarked: 18K TIFFANY&CO. W-GERMANY Hologram Engraving: D.S.T.S.S. LOVE B V K 10 - 16 - 88 Met...Category
Vintage 1980s German Contemporary CufflinksMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,800Free Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Tassel Chandelier Drop Earrings Set in 18k Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA stylish pair of vintage Tiffany & Co. tassel chandelier drop earrings set in 18k yellow gold. Each earring is composed of a simple yellow gold balled chain which is designed in a...Category
2010s Unknown Modern Drop EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,983Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18K Yellow Gold 0.15 Ct Diamond and Lapis Clip-On EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Southampton, PAGive a casual yet smart outfit a new lease on life by adding this piece of vintage jewelry. These clip-on earrings from Tiffany & Co. features an 18K yellow gold circular base with a...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Lapis Lazuli, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,800Free Shipping
- Michael Kneebone Mexican Fire Opal Golden South Seas Pearl Drop EarringsBy Michael KneeboneLocated in Austin, TXMexican fire opals are paired with golden South Seas pearls in these delightful drop earrings. Eight brilliant cut opals are set within each earring. They are blazing orange in col...Category
2010s American Contemporary Drop EarringsMaterials
Opal, South Sea Pearl, 14k Gold$1,792 Sale Price43% OffFree Shipping
- Eostre Ruby, White South Sea Pearl and Diamond Earring in 18K White GoldLocated in Melbourne, AUThis is a pair of flower motif South Sea Pearl Earring. The flower petals are made of 5 oval rubies and a round diamond at the center of the flower. The White South Sea Pearl is then...Category
2010s Australian Contemporary Stud EarringsMaterials
Diamond, South Sea Pearl, Ruby, 18k Gold, White Gold$4,999Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond Platinum Bow Pendant NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Boca Raton, FLStyle: Tiffany & Co. Platinum Diamond Bow Pendant Necklace Length: Necklace is 16.25" in length Metal: Platinum Diamond Details: Round Brilliant Diamonds. Diamonds are F/G in colo...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Chain NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Platinum$6,396 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 1995 Atlas 18k Yellow Gold and Diamonds Huggie EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Tel Aviv, ILTiffany & Co. 1995 Atlas 18k Yellow Gold Sterling Silver Huggie Earrings Timeless yellow gold Tiffany & Co. earrings. Diamonds are 0.50 carat round cut. Backings are Omega style Le...Category
1990s Italian Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$6,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Double Loop Open Oval 18k Yellow Gold EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Boca Raton, FLA beautiful pair of earrings from the house of Tiffany & Co. They are well crafted from 18k yellow gold with a fine polished finish and is in the design of a double open oval hoop, w...Category
1990s American Modern Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,350Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Yellow Gold Starfish EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Baltimore, MDTiffany & Co. 18 Karat Yellow Gold Starfish Earrings Metal: 18 Karat yellow gold Weight: 15.57 grams Length: 25mm Width: 22.5mm Backs: Lever backs with posts Signed: T&Co. 750Category
Late 20th Century Modern Lever-Back EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold$1,995Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Tiffany & Co. X EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Towson, MD18kt yellow gold Tiffany & Co "X" stud earrings. The earrings are stud style and stationary on your earlobe. The backs are friction posts. The X shape is approximately .50 inch high ...Category
2010s American Stud EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold$1,550Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Yellow Gold Large X Earrings 18 Karat In StockBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Boca Raton, FLTiffany & Co. 18k Yellow Gold Large X Earrings Brand: Tiffany & Co. Material: 18k Yellow Gold Total Weight: 22.08g (14.2dwt) Earring Backs: Latch Backs Additional Details: This item...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Art Deco More EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,495Free Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Yellow Gold Diamond Bow EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYA pretty pair of vintage half bow earrings set with a diamond center by Tiffany & Co. Circa 1980. The center of the earring is pave set with 36 round brilliant diamonds weighing appr...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modern Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,500Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.