- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Georg Jensen Denmark Vintage Sterling + Coral Dove Set
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Narberth, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Designer
For over a century, Georg Jensen has produced some of the finest objects in Scandinavian modern design, including silver tableware, serving pieces, home decor, jewelry and more, frequently partnering with leading artisans to expand its offerings and respond to shifting tastes. Known for minimal aesthetics that reference nature, the craftsmanship of this legendary Danish silverware firm has regularly married function with thoughtful and beautiful design.
Founder Georg Jensen (1866–1935) was born in the small town of Radvaad, Denmark, and began his training as a goldsmith at 14. After studying sculpture and then training with master silversmith Mogens Ballin, he established his own silver business in Copenhagen in 1904. By 1918, the company was successful enough to open a shop in Paris.
Jensen’s firm produced an incredibly vast range of silver objects, from serving dishes and barware to centerpieces and chandeliers. For his early work, which bore ornate floral details and other organic forms of Art Nouveau, Jensen looked to the splendors of the natural world. The 1905 Blossom teapot, for instance, was topped with a magnolia bud and deftly balanced on toad feet, while some of Jensen’s best-known flatware patterns included Lily of the Valley, introduced in 1913, and Acorn, which debuted in 1915.
Collaboration with outside designers, long before such partnerships were common in design, would lead to some of the company’s most popular and enduring work of the mid-century. Sigvard Bernadotte and Vivianna Torun Bülow-Hübe created collections, as did Henning Koppel, whose curvy 1952 Pregnant Duck pitcher is a Georg Jensen classic.
After evolving and expanding throughout the 20th century, Georg Jensen was acquired by Investcorp in 2012. Today, the company is a global luxury brand with more than 1,000 stores around the world. It continues to produce seductive new pieces, such as a tea service made with Marc Newson in 2015, as well as timeless heritage designs, including the relaunch in 2019 of the 1018 solid sterling-silver Tureen 270. In 2020, the firm introduced the Jardinière 1505. Sculptural and richly decorative, the never-before-realized showpiece is hand-hammered from sheets of the finest sterling silver and is based on a 1915 sketch from Jensen’s archives.
Find an exquisite collection of Georg Jensen serveware, ceramics, silver and glass today on 1stDibs.
- Arts & Crafts Sterling Moonstone Zircon Festoon NecklaceLocated in Narberth, PAA stunning moonstone necklace from the Arts & Crafts era (ca1910s)! This incredible piece is crafted in sterling silver and comprised of stunning moonstone and blue zircon links. The...Category
Vintage 1910s Arts and Crafts Link NecklacesMaterials
Moonstone, Zircon, Silver, Sterling Silver
- Victorian 14kt/Sterling Diamond Foliate Necklace with Emerald Diamond Ruby ClaspLocated in Narberth, PAA stunning necklace from the Victorian (ca1880s) era! Crafted in 14kt yellow gold and topped in sterling silver, this necklace is comprised of twelve feminine foliate links. The foli...Category
Antique 1880s Victorian Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, 14k Gold, Silver, Sterling Silver, Mixed Metal
- Georgian Berlin Iron and Mirrored Cut Steel Necklace and Earring SetLocated in Narberth, PABerlin iron jewelry was produced in Germany by the Berlin Royal Foundry beginning in 1804. Previously, iron jewelry had been worn primarily during periods of mourning due to the dark...Category
Antique Early 1800s Georgian Link NecklacesMaterials
Berlin Iron, Cut Steel
- Victorian Style Mixed Metals 17.00 Total Carat Diamond Riviera NecklaceLocated in Narberth, PAAn absolutely breathtaking Victorian style Riviera diamond necklace! Crafted in sterling silver topped 18kt gold, this exquisite necklace features 51 graduating old Mine Cut diamond ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Victorian Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Mixed Metal, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Sterling Silver
- Vintage Natural Faceted Coral Beaded NecklaceLocated in Narberth, PAThis vintage coral bead necklace is simply stunning! The simple design features a row of graduating coral beads, which are hand strung on red thread, and knotted in between. The cora...Category
Vintage 1950s Contemporary Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Coral, 14k Gold
- Victorian Coral, Diamond and Enameled Fly EarringsLocated in Narberth, PAA gorgeous and very unique pair of earrings from the Victorian (ca1880) era! This unusual design is crafted in 15kt rose gold with sterling silver accents and adorns a coral cabochon...Category
Antique 1880s Victorian Dangle EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Coral, Sterling Silver, 15k Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold
You May Also Like
20th Century Modern Link Necklaces
Vintage 1930s More Jewelry
20th Century More Jewelry
Vintage 1960s Modern Pendant Necklaces
Late 20th Century Art Nouveau Link Necklaces
Late 20th Century Danish Modern Link Necklaces
Silver, Sterling Silver
20th Century Pendant Necklaces
Early 20th Century Art Nouveau Link Necklaces
Malachite, Sterling Silver
Mid-20th Century Modern Link Necklaces
Mid-20th Century Art Nouveau Link Necklaces
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery