- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Tiffany Co Lapis Lazuli and Turquoise Bead Necklace
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Holland, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Tiffany & Co Diamond Lapis Lazuli Yellow Gold EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Holland, PA18k Yellow Gold Diamond Lapis Lazuli Earrings by Tiffany & Co. With 12 round brilliant cut diamonds VS1 clarity, G color total weight approximately .20ct 2 lapis stones 10mm each Th...Category
Vintage 1980s American Drop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Lapis Lazuli, Yellow Gold$3,950Free Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co Graduated Bead Yellow Gold NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Holland, PA14k Yellow Gold Graduated Bead Necklace by Tiffany & Co. Details: Length: 16", Wearable length: 15.5" Weight: 23.8 grams Width: 6mm to 11mm Stamped Hallmarks: 14k Tiffany & Co. *Free...Category
Vintage 1970s American Choker NecklacesMaterials
Yellow Gold$5,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Angela Cummings Mother Of Pearl Bead Torsade Inlaid NecklaceBy Angela Cummings for Tiffany & Co.Located in Holland, PA18k Yellow Gold Mother Of Pearl Bead Torsade Inlaid Necklace by Angela Cummings for Tiffany & Co. With 408 Mother Of Pearl Beads each approximately 6mm in size 1 main motif with in...Category
Vintage 1970s American Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Pearl, Yellow Gold$6,750Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Red Jasper And Hematite Multi Strand Bead Yellow Gold NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Holland, PATiffany & Co 18k yellow gold red jasper and hematite bead, multi strand necklace. With 6 rows of Jasper beads 1 row of Hematite beads Details: Metal: 18k yellow gold Length: 18 inche...Category
20th Century American Multi-Strand NecklacesMaterials
Hematite, Yellow Gold$3,700Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Jean Schlumberger Lapis Lazuli Double Acorn Yellow Gold CufflinksBy Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co.Located in Holland, PA18k Yellow Lapis Lazuli Jean Schlumberger Double Acorn Cufflinks for Tiffany & Co. With 6 lapis lazuli stones Details: Dimensions: 30mm x 20mm Weight: 19.6 grams Stamped Hallmarks...Category
20th Century French CufflinksMaterials
Lapis Lazuli, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Tiffany & Co Link Yellow Gold Chain NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Holland, PA14k Yellow Gold Vintage Link Chain Necklace by Tiffany Co. Details: Length: 16" Weight: 82 grams Width: 9mm Stamped Hallmarks: Tiffany 14k *Free Shipping within the United States* Y...Category
Vintage 1960s American Link NecklacesMaterials
Yellow Gold$8,750Free Shipping
- Lapis Lazuli Bead NecklaceLocated in Boca Raton, FLMaterials: 18k Yellow Gold Measurements: Necklace measures 19″ in length Clasp: Tongue in box 18k yellow gold clasp Total Weight: 73.6g (47.3dwt) SKU: G9547Category
21st Century and Contemporary Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Lapis Lazuli, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$795Free Shipping
- Lapis Lazuli Beaded NecklaceLocated in Chesterland, OHThe length of the necklace is 19.5 inches (49.5cm). The size of the faceted beads is 12x10 mm. The necklace is made of gems in denim blue color, sky blue with inclusions of gold pyri...Category
2010s American Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Lapis Lazuli, Pyrite$550Free Shipping
- Turquoise Lapis Lazuli Pearl Coral Malachite Carnelian Beaded Crafted NecklaceBy Intini JewelsLocated in Milano, ITInspired by the treasures of ancient Europe, this summer vibe necklace is made with natural turquoises , lapis lazuli, pearls, pink coral, malachite and satin carnelian. Is inspired...Category
2010s Italian Anglo-Indian Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Malachite, Pearl, Turquoise, Carnelian, Lapis Lazuli, Sterling Silver
- Chalcedony Coral Lapis Lazuli Turquoise Assymetric Summer Silver Beaded NecklaceBy Intini JewelsLocated in Milano, ITBreathtaking and sumptuous luminous necklace with Chalcedony Lapis Lazuli Turquoise and coral stones. Abstract jewellery 925 sterling silver piece inspired by the beauty of the diver...Category
2010s Italian Art Nouveau Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Chalcedony, Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, Silver, Sterling Silver$267 / itemFree Shipping
- Verdura Lapis Lazuli Turquoise Gold NecklaceBy VerduraLocated in Palm Beach, FLBead necklace, featuring lapis beads alternating with 18k yellow gold beads and gold rondelles studded around the exterior with cabochon turquoise, secured by an 18k yellow gold open...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, Gold, 18k Gold$13,200Free Shipping
- Blue Lapis Lazuli Beaded Necklace 14K Gold VintageBy Estate JewelryLocated in East Brunswick, NJBlue Lapis Lazuli Beaded Necklace 14K Gold Vintage 32.5" Long You will treasure this outstanding vintage Lapis Lazuli solid 14K Yellow gold necklace. The gorgeous 65 great quality L...Category
Late 20th Century Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Lapis Lazuli, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,650Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.