18 Karat Yellow Gold Buccellati Oro Double Knot Necklace
View Similar Items
18 Karat Yellow Gold Buccellati Oro Double Knot Necklace
- Weight59.3 g
- DimensionsWidth: 0.234 in (5.95 mm)Depth: 0.067 in (1.71 mm)Length: 17.5 in (444.5 mm)
- Place of OriginItaly
- Date of ManufactureApproximately 1980's
- ConditionRepaired: Clasp has been checked by a jeweller - some very small repairs to ensure it was in good working order.
- Seller LocationQLD , AU
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU709310676082
About the Designer
In 1919, Mario Buccellati (1891–1965) launched his eponymous jewelry house with the opening of his first shop in Milan and quickly built a reputation for his richly embellished traforato, or finely pierced goldwork. The Ancona, Italy–born jeweler’s workmanship was in a class of its own. His pieces were exquisite, yet the gemstones themselves were never too flashy, elevated instead by the designs’ intricate metalsmithing.
A love of tradition set Mario and his fine jewelry house apart in the competitive Italian market and remains a point of pride for the family, which is still closely tied to the business even as it is now owned by Richemont, a luxury conglomerate that also counts Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels among its subsidiaries.
A young Mario Buccellati apprenticed with famed goldsmith Beltrami e Besnati in the early 1900s, although many of the goldsmithing techniques synonymous with Buccellati go as far back as the Italian Renaissance. The family lineage is also said to include 18th-century jeweler Contardo Buccellati. Owing to the founder’s advanced metalworking skills, the brand is known for designs that feature metal with the delicacy of lace and draw on the wonders of the natural world. The house’s work is typified by intricate gemstone settings that emphasize their natural color and dense engraving techniques that transform the texture of gold.
One of the time-honored engraving techniques that has come to characterize Buccellati’s work — techniques that require apprenticeships and training in the fine jeweler’s workshops — is called rigato. It involves the engraving of a precious metal with a series of parallel lines to achieve a fabric-like effect.
Rigato is on luminous display in the house’s Macri collection of earrings, cuff bracelets and other accessories. A painstaking attention to detail is pronounced in the celebrated Macri, Bartolomeo and Unica collections — witness the striking honeycomb motif, a house signature, that characterizes the Unica collection’s Caterina bracelet, for example. The Macri collection was the work of Mario’s son, Gianmaria Buccellati, an award-winning jeweler and internationally renowned silversmith who worked to bring the brand to the global stage by overseeing the opening of boutiques in Tokyo, Paris, California and elsewhere.
In 1951, Mario opened his first store in New York City; today the company operates boutiques worldwide. In 2019, the company celebrated its centennial with a new flagship in Paris and the Vintage collection, which features some of its most enduring designs.
- H Stern & Roberto Moriconi 18 Karat Yellow Gold Bib NecklaceBy H. SternLocated in QLD , AUAn amazing piece of collaborative jewellery, the workings of two wonderful talents, H Stern the Brazilian jeweller and the Italian-Brazilian artist Roberto Moriconi. Join these two m...Category
20th Century Brazilian Artisan Choker NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldUnavailable$7,450Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Retro 1940's Gaspipe Ruby & Diamond Necklace ChokerLocated in QLD , AUSuper chic and so fashionable, this 18k Yellow Gold ruby & diamond gaspipe choker style is so sought after. This retro 1940's style is making a huge comeback to the jewellery world. ...Category
20th Century American Retro Choker NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldUnavailable$5,950Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Rose Gold & Diamond Star Set NecklaceLocated in QLD , AUHow pretty is this diamond star necklace? Love the way the diamond stars twinkle with every movement. Crafted in 18k rose gold with 5 stars graduating in size - the central largest s...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Contemporary Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose GoldUnavailable$2,200Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold French Love PendantLocated in QLD , AUGold & French, two words that conjure up luxury and style. This 18k yellow gold Love pendant is wearable everyday, perfect on its own or layered with other pieces. The word love is s...Category
20th Century French Contemporary Pendant NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldUnavailable$1,950Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Gucci Horsebit BangleBy GucciLocated in QLD , AUGucci has produced some of the most iconic jewellery styles particularly in the equestrian theme. This elegant and timeless 18k yellow gold bangle is the perfect accompaniment to any...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Contemporary BanglesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldUnavailable$4,500Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Hermes Ear ClipsBy HermèsLocated in QLD , AUWhen you think about Hermes, you think about style and sophistication and these 18k yellow gold earclips have sophistication written all over them. Perfect for everyday wear or for ...Category
20th Century French Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldUnavailable$2,990Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Buccellati Leaf Choker NecklaceBy BuccellatiLocated in New York, NYThe necklace is finely crafted in 18k yellow gold and sign Buccellati.Category
Vintage 1960s Unknown Choker NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold$12,800Free Shipping
- Buccellati 18K Yellow Gold Diamond and Cultured Pearl NecklaceBy BuccellatiLocated in Houston, TXBuccellati necklace composed of 18K yellow and white gold with diamonds and pearls. There are 11 carats of rose-cut and round brilliant-cut diamonds and 15 light gray cultured pearl...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Choker NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Cultured Pearl, White Gold, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold
- Mario Buccellati 18k Yellow Gold Curbed Link NecklaceBy BuccellatiLocated in MIAMI, FLBeautiful classic design by famed designer Mario Buccellati. This vintage necklace has never been more in style than today. The necklace is crafted in 18k yellow gold and shows a sat...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Retro Chain NecklacesMaterials
Yellow Gold$12,000Free Shipping
- Buccellati Vintage 18K Yellow Gold Braided Rope Collar Chain NecklaceBy BuccellatiLocated in Miami, FLThe exceptional Quality of Buccellati is witnessed in this exquisite piece. Crafted in solid 18K yellow gold, with a rope with highly detailed braided accents. An exceptional 15.75...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Modern Choker NecklacesMaterials
Yellow Gold$19,999Free Shipping
- Buccellati Gold NecklaceBy BuccellatiLocated in New York, NYExtraordinary 18k gold Buccellati necklace. Luminous golden finish. 16" long. Links are 1 1/3' long. Fabulous important look.This is an exceptional piece of jewelry.Category
1990s Italian Choker NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold$34,000 / itemFree Shipping
- Buccellati Open Circle Ball Link and Pearl Necklace Solid 18 Karat Yellow GoldBy BuccellatiLocated in West Palm Beach, FLAn elegant and easy to wear Buccellati solid gold three-dimensional circle link and pearl necklace. Nine pearls alternate with nine 3.25” gold link sections. Not your traditional Bu...Category
20th Century Italian Chain NecklacesMaterials
Pearl, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$15,000Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
See Why Buccellati’s Intricate Jewels Have Been Coveted for More Than a Century
A deluxe new book explores the celebrated fifth-generation Italian jeweler’s heritage and inimitable style.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?