This Chanel Rare Collectors Vintage '89 Gold & Leather Choker Necklace is no longer available.
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Rare Collectors Vintage '89 Gold & Leather Choker Necklace
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 1-2 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Chanel (Designer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Vintage '80s Three Strand Red Gripoix & Strass Crystal Necklace Features three strands of alternating red...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Multi-Strand Necklaces$2,800 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- By ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Vintage '82 Pearl & Black Beaded Chain Link Necklace Features little intricate pendants with black beadin...Category
Vintage 1980s Chain Necklaces$1,800 Sale Price21% OffFree Shipping
- By ChanelLocated in New York, NYhanel Vintage '90s Multi-Strand Pearl & Crystal Rondelle Necklace Made In: France Year of Production: 1990-1992...Category
20th Century Multi-Strand NecklacesW 1.5 in. L 31 in.$2,500 Sale Price26% OffFree Shipping
- By ChanelLocated in New York, NY100% Authentic Chanel Long Beaded Necklace w/ Gripoix Medallions. Features two poured glass pendants, faux pear...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Beaded NecklacesL 40 in.$1,600 Sale Price46% OffFree Shipping
- By ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Vintage '60s Red & Green Gripoix Pearl Necklace Double strand version featured in Jewels of Fantasy Cost...Category
Vintage 1960s Beaded NecklacesL 16 in.$2,900Free Shipping
- By ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Taupe Glass CC Floral Bib Collar Necklace Made In: Italy Year of Production: 2010 Color: Taupe Materials...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Choker Necklaces$2,200 Sale Price21% OffFree Shipping
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Art Deco Choker Necklaces
Cultured Pearl, Diamond, 18k Gold
2010s Contemporary Choker Necklaces
Diamond, White Gold, 18k Gold
Late 20th Century Choker Necklaces
Coral, Freshwater Pearl, 18k Gold
Vintage 1950s Choker Necklaces
Emerald, 18k Gold
2010s Choker Necklaces
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Artist Choker Necklaces
Pearl, Rhodium, Silver, Sterling Silver
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Choker Necklaces
Pearl, 14k Gold, Gold, White Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Multi-Strand Necklaces
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold