1993 Chanel Glass Pearl Necklace with CC Logo DropItem Status:
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1993 Chanel Glass Pearl Necklace with CC Logo Drop
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Palm Beach, FL
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Chanel (Designer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLChanel Baroque style faux grey pearl Gripoix necklace created in 1981. This Chanel faux pearl necklace made wit...Category
Late 20th Century More NecklacesL 35 in.$1,295Free Shipping
- By ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLChanel lavender mohair and cashmere blend long sleeve sweater. This sweater is embellished with faux pearls do...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pullovers
- By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLA Chanel Black Sheath is a must for any woman's wardrobe. Features include sophisticated sheath silhouette, sle...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Informal Dresses
- By ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLChanel white and black knit tunic is trimmed with petite size multi color beads on the round neckline and down t...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Blouses
- By ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLTimeless Chanel Blouse with round collar that ties at neck with one button. Eight additional buttons at front w...Category
Early 2000s BlousesSize: 38$1,750
- By ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLChanel white and black check coat from the Spring 2016 Collection is a contemporary, modern long jacket/coat. Th...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Coats
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Chain Necklaces
18k Gold, White Gold
Early 2000s Drop Necklaces
18k Gold, White Gold
1990s Drop Necklaces
Tourmaline, 18k Gold
Vintage 1980s Modern Drop Necklaces
Chalcedony, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Late 20th Century Art Deco Drop Necklaces
Aquamarine, Diamond, Onyx, White Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Renaissance Pendant Necklaces
Aquamarine, Diamond, White Diamond, 9k Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Art Nouveau Beaded Necklaces
Diamond, White Diamond, Pearl, Cultured Pearl, Freshwater Pearl, 18k Gold
Late 20th Century Renaissance Drop Necklaces
Diamond, White Diamond, Emerald, Tourmaline, 14k Gold
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery