- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Paris Modern Lariat Necklace in 18Kt White Gold 1 Diamond Three Pearls
About the Item
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:21.3 g
- Dimensions:Height: 21 in (533.4 mm)Length: 18.5 in (469.9 mm)
- Date of Manufacture:2000
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. The overall condition of this necklace is excellent. Beside the little normal wear, there is no damage to the gold. All the gemstones, are secured in the settings. This necklace has been carefully inspected to guarantee the condition and authenticity.
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: N0000ASEN/.50481stDibs: LU2690216478702
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Buccellati Gianmaria Milano Drop Lariat Necklace in White and Yellow 18Kt GoldBy Gianmaria BuccellatiLocated in Miami, FLDrop lariat necklace designed by Gianmaria Buccellati. Gorgeous bicolor piece, created in Milano Italy by the iconic jewelry house of Buccellati. This lariat drop necklace has been ...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Modernist Drop NecklacesMaterials
White Gold, Yellow Gold, Gold, 18k Gold$17,985Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Modern Kinetic Clash de Cartier Ring In Solid 18Kt White GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLClash ring designed by Cartier. This ring is one of the most ultimate and popular creations by the iconic French jewelry house of Cartier This piece is part of the Clash de Cartier ...Category
2010s French Modern Band RingsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$3,950Free Shipping
- Chaumet Paris Large Liens Heart Necklace in 18Kt White Gold with VS DiamondsBy ChaumetLocated in Miami, FLLiens necklace designed by Chaumet. Beautiful and elegant piece, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Chaumet. This very special necklace is part of the popular Liens col...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Modern Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$6,950Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Modern Nouvelle Bague Twisted Ring in Solid 18Kt White GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLGreat Nouvelle vague crossover ring designed by Cartier. This piece is one of the most popular iconic designs from the house of Cartier of the 21th century. It was crafted in solid ...Category
2010s French Modern Band RingsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$2,985Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris C 2 Ring in 18Kt White Gold with One VVS Round DiamondBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLC-2 ring designed by Cartier. A modern double C de Cartier ring crafted in solid 18 karats white gold and bezel set on top, with one round brilliant cut diamond, 0.20 cts, D/E color...Category
Early 2000s French Modern Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$3,285Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Maillon Panthere Ring in 18Kt White Gold with VVS DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLMaillon Panthere ring with diamonds designed by Cartier. A classic contemporary piece, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier. This iconic band ring is part of the ...Category
Early 2000s French Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$4,350Free Shipping
- Baroque Pearl Drops Faux Diamond Lariat Sterling Silver NecklaceLocated in Montreal, QCMinimalist, yet Dramatic! Lariat Style Design Necklace, Sterling Silver enhanced with glittering Faux Diamonds, suspending two Large Cultured Freshwater Baroque Pearls 21 -22mm x 16-...Category
21st Century and Contemporary More NecklacesMaterials
Pearl, Sterling Silver$395 Sale Price43% OffFree Shipping
- Yvel White Gold Keshi Pearl Diamond Lariat NecklaceBy YvelLocated in Dallas, TXFrom famed designer Yvel, this 18 karat white gold, lariat style necklace supports one Keshi pearl and accent diamonds.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold, White Gold$4,900Free Shipping
- Ella Gafter Diamond Sapphire Pearl Lariat Necklace SetBy Ella GafterLocated in New York, NYThe necklace set features 2 identical necklaces of slightly different length, one with a white South Sea pearl (17mm diameter) at the center, the other with a Tahitian pearl (16mm di...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Artist More NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, White Diamond, Black Pearl, South Sea Pearl, Sapphire, 1...$92,000 / setFree Shipping
- 18 Karat White Gold Emerald, Pearl and Diamond Lariat NecklaceBy CoomiLocated in Secaucus, NJ18K White Gold Coomi X Muzo River Dance Lariat Necklace with 288.97cts emerald, 29.55cts diamond and white pearlCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Multi-Strand NecklacesMaterials
Emerald, White Gold
- 14 Karat Lorgnette Folding Eyeglasses with Gold, Diamond and Seed Pearls LariatLocated in Tustin, CAGorgeous Art Deco 14 karat yellow gold lorgnette folding spectacles or antique reading glasses with round lenses from the 1920s feature an elaborately filigreed handle to hold them t...Category
Early 20th Century American Art Deco Chain NecklacesMaterials
White Diamond, Natural Pearl
- Modern Pearl with Diamonds Sea Inspired Necklace in 18kt White GoldLocated in Valenza, ALRepresenting a mollusk and its pearl, this gorgeous design is a tribute to the beauty of sea life. The oldest mention of pearls dates back all the way to 2206 BCE. This shouldn’t sou...Category
2010s Italian Artisan Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold, White Gold, Gold$10,092 / itemFree Shipping
- Seahorse Necklace with Freshwater Pearls, Diamond Pavè Drops in 18kt White GoldLocated in Valenza, ALThe element of water has always been essential for life on land and in oceans. From abyssal depths to the highest peaks our planet, what appears to our eyes as the best work of art i...Category
2010s Unknown Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Freshwater Pearl, White Gold, Gold, 18k Gold$11,534Free Shipping
- Cartier Love Necklace with Diamonds 18kt White GoldBy CartierLocated in San Diego, CACartier LOVE Diamond Necklace Style: LOVE Ref. number: B7013700 Metal: 18kt White Gold Size: 16' inches TCW: 0.22 tcw Main Diamond: 18 Round Brilliant Diamonds Color & Clarity:...Category
2010s French Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$4,495Free Shipping
- Gemstone diamond necklace 14KT white gold Y Lariat necklaceLocated in Jupiter, FLElegant Y style Lariat necklace made with diamonds, topaz, citrine and amethyst. A beautiful summer necklace in 14KT white gold. GRAM WEIGHT: 9.09gr GOLD: 14KT white gold NATURAL T...Category
21st Century and Contemporary North American Modern Drop NecklacesMaterials
Amethyst, Citrine, Diamond, Blue Topaz, 14k Gold, White Gold$2,350Free Shipping
- Andreoli Tahitian Pearl Drops Pink Sapphire Diamond Necklace Pearls 18Kt GoldBy AndreoliLocated in New York, NYAndreoli Tahitian Pearl Drops Pink Sapphire Diamond Necklace Pearls 18KT Gold This necklace features 3.45 carats of round full cut brilliant diamonds with 5.62 carats of round full ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Contemporary Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, Black Pearl, Cultured Pearl, Sapphire, Pink Sapphire, Go...$36,000Free Shipping
- Cartier Pearl and Diamond Necklace in 18K White Gold with Box and CertificateBy CartierLocated in Atlanta, GAItem Details: This stunning Cartier necklace has three pearls and diamonds in a station design. This necklace contains its original box and certificate. Circa: 1990s Metal Type: 18 ...Category
1990s French Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, White Gold$13,400Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery