A very rare sterling and turquoise necklace designed by Sam Kramer (1913-1964) of New York City in the late 1940's to early 1950's. The Kramer studio was located in Greenwich Village along with other modernist studio jewelers of that period, including Art Smith and Paul Lobel. Kramer was known for his bohemian style and surrealist designs. Taxidermy glass eyes were used in his jewelry along with meteorites and coral set in oversized, multi-layered jewelry. Necklace measures 17" in circumference and is signed with the artist's mushroom mark as pictured. In excellent vintage condition.
- Place of originUnited States
- Date of manufacturec. 1950
- ConditionExcellent. Excellent vintage condition.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
D 17.00 in. x L 17.00 in.
D 43.18 cm x L 43.18 cm
- Length17.00 in. (43.18 cm)
- Seller locationLos Angeles, CA
- Seller reference number000N10400
- Reference numberJU12020628017
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Los Angeles, CA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like