- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tiffany & Co. Retro Moonstone Sapphire 14 Karat Gold Floral Cluster Necklace
- Stone Cut
- Weight32.9 g
- DimensionsLength: 15 in (381 mm)
- Lab Report Available
- Date of ManufactureRetro
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1184313964132
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Sapphire Moonstone 14 Karat Gold Wreath BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PACircular brooch is a radial pattern with prong set gemstones and high polished gold leaf motif Featuring 6.0 x 8.0 mm oval cabochon moonstones - translucent with billowing white adu...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro BroochesMaterials
Moonstone, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, 14k Gold, Gold, Yellow Gold$3,550Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Sapphire Moonstone 14 Karat Gold Flower Screwback EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAEarrings designed as a flower centering prong set round cut sapphires Weighing approximately 0.30 carat total - transparent and denim blue in color With five 5.0 x 7.0 mm prong set...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Moonstone, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. L'enfant French 1960's 18 Karat Yellow Gold Rope Vintage NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PADesigned as a curb chain necklace with links graduating in size. Featuring twisted rope motif throughout. Completed by hidden clasp closure with hinged safety. Stamped 750 with Frenc...Category
Vintage 1960s French Contemporary Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$26,850Free Shipping
- Art Nouveau Nephrite Jade Pearl 14 Karat Gold Floral Swag Antique NecklaceLocated in Philadelphia, PANecklace is designed as a stylized swagged floral chain featuring bezel set nephrite jade cabochon stations. Round and oval in shape - ranging in size from 5.0 mm round to 7.0 x 10.0...Category
Antique Early 1900s Art Nouveau Link NecklacesMaterials
Jade, Pearl, Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,475Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Retro 14 Karat Gold Fish Brooch, Circa 1940By Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PAGleaming gold is dynamically formed as a stylized fish silhouette With a curlicue eye Completed by a pin stem with locking closure Stamped 14K for 14 karat gold Numbered and full...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro BroochesMaterials
Gold, Yellow Gold, 14k Gold$1,400Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Victorian Moonstone 18 Karat Gold StickpinBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PACentering an oval cabochon moonstone measuring approximately 14.0 x 9.2 mm Beautiful billowy silver adularescence, and excellent polish and luster In a hammered gold surround Full...Category
Antique 1880s Victorian BroochesMaterials
Moonstone, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Moonstone NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYThe chain composed of a series of gold filigree links, to the pendant centering an cushion-shaped moonstone cabochon, measuring approximately 20.90 x 9.70 mm, accented by oval-shaped...Category
Antique Early 1900s American Art Nouveau More NecklacesMaterials
- Tiffany & Co. 18K Gold Diamond Link NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Houston, TXTiffany & Co. necklace composed of 18K yellow gold marked "Tiffany & Co. 750". It features oval links encrusted with diamonds. There are 390 round diamonds totaling 13.8 carats; G-...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$49,900Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Yellow Gold Free Style Link NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Stamford, CTTiffany & Company 18k yellow gold free style open link necklace 116.0 Grams Tested: 18k Stamped: 18k Hallmark: Tiffany & Co Chain: 25 inches Width: 9.3m Thickness/ Depth: 12.80Category
Mid-20th Century Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$14,575Free Shipping
- 1.19 Carat Natural Diamond Floral Cluster Necklace 14 Karat Yellow Gold G SILocated in New York, NY100% Natural Diamonds, Not Enhanced in any way Round Cut Diamond Necklace 0.61CT G-H SI 14K Yellow Gold 4 gram, Pave style, 4.40 gram 7/16 inch in height, 7/16 inch in width ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Contemporary Link NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Atlas Open Hinged Roman Numeral Necklace, 18 Karat White GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Houston, TXThis necklace in constructed of 18 karat White gold and features the Atlas Roman numerals linked together. It is 16" long. Condition: Excellent. Very light scratches.Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Link NecklacesMaterials
White Gold, 18k Gold$9,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Yellow Gold Atlas Necklace, circa 1990sBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBThis Tiffany & Co necklace is from the Atlas collection and dates back to approximately the 1990s. It is 18 carat yellow gold and weighs 70.4 grams. The necklace measure 15.5 inches ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Modern More NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold$11,436Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.