Items Similar to Freemasons' Gold Fob, Hallmarked Chester, 1915 View More
Freemasons' Gold Fob, Hallmarked Chester, 1915
An antique gold fob depicting the symbolism of the Freemasons' movement: the square and compass. The fob measures 0.82" diameter overall and has been fashioned from an outer circle 1/16th of an inch wide and engraved with a scroll and hatched pattern. The centre of the fob displays the square and compass which are connected by a letter "G" which, in Freemason symbolism, represents God. The reverse shows some detailing of the square and compass with the gold outer circle remaining plain polished with the except of the hallmark of the Chester Assay Office for the year 1915. The makers' mark of W.O.D. is also present, this being the mark for William Oakley Davies working in Birmingham and first registered in 1896. A gold loop to the top enable the fob to be worn as a charm, pendant or, indeed, in its original purpose as a fob for the end of a watch chain.
- CreatorWilliam Oakley Davies
- In the Style OfGeorge V
- Place of OriginUnited Kingdom
- Date of Manufacture1915
- DimensionsDm 0.82 in.Dm 20.83 mm
- Diameter0.82 in. (20.83 mm)
- Weight3 g
- Seller LocationYorkshire, GB
- Seller Reference Numbernjp332-sh
- Reference NumberLU65034860733
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 7-9 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Typical response time: 6 hours
Located in Yorkshire, GB
More From This Seller
$233 Sale Price
Antique Gold Watch Fob with Freemason Symbolism...
Vintage 1910s George V
Victorian Antique Rose Gold Bangle, Hallmarked ...
Antique 1870s Victorian
Antique Victorian Rose Gold Bangle, circa 1900,...
Antique Early 1900s Victorian
You May Also Like
Small 14 Karat Gold Antique Fob / Pocket Watch
Small 10 Karat Gold and Diamonds Antique Fob Watch
Cartier Yellow Gold Cream Roman Dial Pendant Fo...
21st Century and Contemporary
Small 14 Karat Gold Key-Less Fob / Pocket Watch...
Antique Early 1900s
Antique Small Gunmetal Pocket Fob Watch
Fine Antique miniature 14k Gold Half Hunter Ful...
Antique Early 1900s