Items Similar to H A Cary Figural Orientalist One Hump Camel Sterling Silver Letter Opener View More
H A Cary Figural Orientalist One Hump Camel Sterling Silver Letter Opener
A wonderful figural sterling silver letter in the form of a one hump camel. The camel wears a wry expression on its face and has a finely detailed, sculptural quality. This is one of line of several very high quality camel items that H A Cary Silversmiths produced in the very early 20th century. The base has an open seam typical of the light gauge work from their workshop of New York. The base bears a C in Diamond maker's mark for H A Cary, 925/1000 Sterling fineness mark, and a model no. 453. Length: ca. 9 7/8 in. Items purchased from this dealer must delight you. Purchases may be returned for any reason for a period of seven days.
- CreatorH A Cary Silversmiths
- Of the PeriodEgyptian Revival
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Date of ManufactureEarly 20th Century
- Condition DetailsWith some openings at the seams, a slight bend at the joint of the camel and blade, some light edge wear, a few light indentions, and some light surface scratches here and there. A small tag rattles in the interior still.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 2.13 in. x W 1.63 in. x D 9.8 in.H 54.11 mm x W 41.41 mm x D 248.93 mm
- Length9.8 in. (248.93 mm)
- Weight79 g
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference NumberLU84935484812
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Philadelphia, PA
More From This Seller
Vintage Georg Jensen Acorn Pattern Sterling Sil...
Mid-20th Century Art Deco Desk Accessories
A terrific Mid-Century Georg Jensen Acorn pattern sterling silver letter opener. The letter opener retains crisp edges and an original (and if somewhat beleaguered) factory felt sle...
Large Hand Hammered Shreve & Co. Sterling Silve...
Shreve & Co.
Early 20th Century Art Deco More Objets d'Art and Vertu
A wonderful art deco chalice-form trophy by Shreve & Co. With overall hand hammered decoration, the large cup is supported by a thin vasiform pedestal and foot. Fashioned for the Te...
Carl Schon Sterling Silver and Oyster Shell Atl...
Early 20th Century More Silver, Flatware and Silverplate
An antique Carl Schon oyster shell & sterling silver ashtray with an integral barnacle match holder and shell feet. The ashtray is dedicated as yachting trophy for the Atlantic Yach...
Pat Flynn Mixed Metals Sterling Silver and 18 K...
Late 20th Century Modernist More Objets d'Art and Vertu
An exceptional Pat Flynn mixed metals beaker or drinking vessel in sterling silver and 18K gold. Simply breathtaking metal-smithing from a major American craftsman, whose work is in...