Items Similar to Large Hand Hammered Shreve & Co. Sterling Silver Panama Pacific Expo Trophy View More
Large Hand Hammered Shreve & Co. Sterling Silver Panama Pacific Expo Trophy
A wonderful art deco chalice-form trophy by Shreve & Co. With overall hand hammered decoration, the large cup is supported by a thin vasiform pedestal and foot. Fashioned for the Templar Knights for the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, it bears a Expo medallion, a Templar Knights device, and to block letter engravings. Engravings read: In Commemoration Panama-Pacific International Exposition San Francisco (and) Presented to Moslan Temple Patrol A.A.O.N.M.S. - July 19, 1915 The base is marked for Shreve & Co. - Sterling - San Francisco - 2348 Simply a beautiful piece of hand held California silver history. Height: ca. 11 1/4 in. Items purchased from this dealer must delight you. Purchases may be returned for any reason for a period of seven days.
- Of the Period
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Date of Manufacture1915
- Condition DetailsWith odd, apparently intentional scratches to the maker's marks and model numbers on the base. Otherwise, there is some very minor edge wear, some very fine and light surface scratches to the body, and other signs of light wear consistent with age
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 11.25 in. x Dm 5.5 in.H 285.75 mm x Dm 139.7 mm
- Diameter5.5 in. (139.7 mm)
- Weight520 g
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference NumberLU84935114413
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Philadelphia, PA
More From This Seller
Carl Schon Sterling Silver and Oyster Shell Atl...
Early 20th Century More Silver, Flatware and Silverplate
An antique Carl Schon oyster shell & sterling silver ashtray with an integral barnacle match holder and shell feet. The ashtray is dedicated as yachting trophy for the Atlantic Yach...
Antique Bailey Banks & Biddle George II Style S...
Bailey, Banks & Biddle
Early 20th Century George II Centerpieces and Tazzas
A wonderful sterling silver loving cup and cover by the celebrated Philadelphia jewelers and silversmiths - Bailey, Banks, and Biddle. A faithful copy of a George II Loving Cup with...
Whiting Sterling Silver Hand Hammered Art Nouve...
Early 20th Century Art Nouveau Barware
A wonderful, antique sterling silver Art Nouveau flask by Whiting. With a hand-hammered finish, scalloped sides, swirl decoration to the tops and bottoms, and an etched monogram to ...
H A Cary Figural Orientalist One Hump Camel Ste...
Early 20th Century Egyptian Revival Desk Accessories
A wonderful figural sterling silver letter in the form of a one hump camel. The camel wears a wry expression on its face and has a finely detailed, sculptural quality. This is...