- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier Paris Modern Nouvelle Bague Twisted Ring in Solid 18Kt White Gold
About the Item
- Ring Size:7 US, Not Resizable
- Weight:16.8 g
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:2010
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. The overall condition of this ring is excellent. Beside the little normal wear, there is no damage to the gold. This piece has been carefully inspected to guarantee the condition and authenticity.
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: R0000RENG/.40381stDibs: LU2690216923642
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Cartier Paris Modern Kinetic Clash de Cartier Ring In Solid 18Kt White GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLClash ring designed by Cartier. This ring is one of the most ultimate and popular creations by the iconic French jewelry house of Cartier This piece is part of the Clash de Cartier ...Category
2010s French Modern Band RingsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$3,950Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Nouvelle Crossover Ring in 18Kt White Gol 1 Cts of VVS DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLGreat Nouvelle Vague crossover ring designed by Cartier. This piece, is one of the most popular iconic modern designs from the house of Cartier of the 21th century. It was crafted i...Category
Early 2000s French Modern Band RingsMaterials
White Diamond, Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold
- Cartier Paris C 2 Ring in 18Kt White Gold with One VVS Round DiamondBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLC-2 ring designed by Cartier. A modern double C de Cartier ring crafted in solid 18 karats white gold and bezel set on top, with one round brilliant cut diamond, 0.20 cts, D/E color...Category
Early 2000s French Modern Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$3,285Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Maillon Panthere Ring in 18Kt White Gold with VVS DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLMaillon Panthere ring with diamonds designed by Cartier. A classic contemporary piece, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier. This iconic band ring is part of the ...Category
Early 2000s French Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$4,350Free Shipping
- Cartier 1994 Paris La Bague Perla Ring in 18Kt Gold Round Tahitian Black PearlBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLA pearl ring designed by Cartier. Modern and sleek piece created in Paris France by the house of Cartier, back in the 1994. This beautiful ring is part of the collection named, La V...Category
1990s French Modern Band RingsMaterials
Black Pearl, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier Paris C De Cartier Eternity Band Ring 18Kt White Gold with VVS DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLC-de-Cartier eternity ring designed by Cartier. An iconic piece, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier. This popular eternity ring is part of the C-de-Cartier coll...Category
Early 2000s French Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
- Cartier Paris Nouvelle Vague Ring in 18k White GoldBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier Paris Nouvelle Vague Ring in 18k White Gold PRIMARY DETAILS SKU: 119560 Listing Title: Cartier Paris Nouvelle Vague Ring in 18k White Gold Condition Description: Retails for...Category
21st Century and Contemporary More RingsMaterials
White Gold$1,895Free Shipping
- Poiray 18 Karat White Gold Chalcedony Ring PPD2850By PoirayLocated in Southampton, PAThe smooth, polished curvature of 18K White Gold laces through itself in this stunning ring design from Poiray. The band and crown converge, on seized within the supple grip of the o...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
Chalcedony, 18k Gold, White Gold$1,320Free Shipping
- Cartier Love "Nouvelle Vague Etincelle" Diamond Ring in 18K White GoldBy CartierLocated in London, GBA Cartier 18k white gold and diamond crossover ring, signed Cartier. The simple design of this ring gives timeless elegance a contemporary twist. 10 round brilliant cut diamonds, ap...Category
2010s French Modern More RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, White Gold, 18k Gold$5,895Free Shipping
- Vintage Cartier Red Enamel 18 Karat Yellow Gold Band, Circa 1960By CartierLocated in London, GBA vintage Cartier red enamel 18 karat yellow gold band, circa 1960. Designed as a simple 18 karat yellow gold band with a ring of deep red guilloche enamel to its centre. A beautif...Category
Vintage 1960s French Retro Band RingsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$2,450Free Shipping
- Cartier White Gold Wide Band Ring with Rutilated QuartzBy CartierLocated in Darnestown, MDUnusual wide band ring by Cartier. It is done in 18 karat white gold with a slice of rutilated quartz in the center that measures 5/16" wide. The ring is size 7 1/8 and is half an in...Category
1990s French Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Quartz, 18k Gold, White Gold$3,400Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Nouvelle Vague Ring White GoldBy CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Paris Nouvelle Vague Ring in 18K White Gold. The ring features approximately 0.35ctw of brilliant cut round diamonds. Ring size 4.5 11.60 grams 13.70 mm at widest pointCategory
1990s Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$6,400Free Shipping
- Cartier 3 Diamonds LOVE Ring 18kt White GoldBy CartierLocated in San Diego, CACartier LOVE Collection 3 Diamond Band Ring Style: With Diamonds Ref. number: B403255 Serial #: NU**** Metal: 18 kt White Gold Size: 51 / 5.75 US Width: 5.5 MM TCW: 0.22 tcw Ma...Category
Early 2000s Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$2,995Free Shipping
- La Nouvelle Bague 18KT Rose/White Gold Diamond .37Ct. & Blue Enamel RingBy Nouvelle BagueLocated in New York, NYThis 18 karat gold ring is designed by the world renowned Italian company La Nouvelle Bague. They are known for their exquisite craftsmanship, marrying the classic with the modern. T...Category
1990s Italian Modern Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Enamel$6,600Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris Nouvelle Vague 18k White Gold 1.0 Ct Diamond RingBy CartierLocated in Southampton, PADespite its simplicity, this Cartier ring is a dramatic piece with an undeniable sense of luxury from the Paris Nouvelle Vague collection. A band of round-cut diamonds totaling 1.0 c...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$4,350Free Shipping
- La Nouvelle Bague 18kt White Gold, Diamond & Enamel RingBy Nouvelle BagueLocated in New York, NYThis 18 karat white and gold ring is designed by the world renowned Italian company La Nouvelle Bague. They are known for their exquisite craftsmanship, marrying the classic with th...Category
1990s Italian Modern Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold, Enamel$5,680Free Shipping
- Cartier 18kt. Rose Gold Band RingBy CartierLocated in Braintree, GBCartier 18kt. rose gold band ring. Designer: Cartier Made in France, 2000's Fully hallmarked. Comes in the original box and outer box. Dimensions - Finger Size (UK) = L US) = 6 1/2...Category
Early 2000s French Band RingsMaterials
Rose Gold$2,394Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery