Items Similar to Tourmaline Ring with Early Diamonds French Antique View More
Tourmaline Ring with Early Diamonds French Antique
Chrome tourmaline is a deep forest-green tourmaline that is named after the chromium which gives the gem its rich, deep green. Ordinary green tourmaline is not rare; chrome tourmaline is considered a collector's gem because it's extremely rare. It is typically found in sizes smaller than one-carat. This magnificently rare and gorgeous antique Victorian ring from France features a hand-cut chrome oval chrome tourmaline measuring approximately 11.82 mm x 7.63 mm and weighing just over 2 carats. This stunning gemstone displays a rich highly-saturated forest green when viewed face-up. When looked at from an angle, the green shifts to more of a Tsavorite or emerald green. This is an incredibly rare and stunning ring. The gallery beneath the stone features elegant piercing work that adds both beauty and light to the ring. This remarkable gemstone is surrounded by sixteen early point-cut diamonds totaling near 1 carat (It's impossible to accurately ascertain carat weight when these old diamonds are mounted). The diamonds and the chrome tourmaline are set in silver atop gold; this was done to maximize brilliance, as silver is the most highly-reflective white metal. Currently a size 8 ½, this ring could be resized by your local jeweler. The tourmaline is original to the setting and has no chips, scratches or abrasions. This is a pristine antique jewel.
- In the Style Of
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1880
- Stone Cut
- Condition DetailsExcellent condition. No signs of damage or repair. The tourmaline is original to the setting and has no chips or damage. French eagle's head on the exterior of the band is worn from wear.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsW 0.57 in. x D 0.69 in.W 14.3 mm x D 17.50 mm
- Length0.69 in. (17.50 mm)
- Weight3 g
- Seller LocationSouthbury, CT
- Reference NumberLU158917176131
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-17 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.See Details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2019
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Southbury, CT
More From This Seller
$1,250 Sale Price
Retro Sapphire Ring with Diamonds
Vintage 1940s Retro
$8,437 Sale Price
Alexandrite Ring with Diamonds is Rare Even Amo...
Early 2000s Contemporary
$2,100 Sale Price
Indicolite Tourmaline Ring in Gold with Diamonds
21st Century and Contemporary Victorian
You May Also Like
Pink Tourmaline and Diamond Cocktail Ring
Boca Raton, FL
21st Century and Contemporary
Fancy Pink Tourmaline Diamond Gold Band Ring
Newcastle Upon Tyne, GB
21st Century and Contemporary Modern
$3,160 Sale Price
1950s Natural Intense Pink Tourmaline with Diam...
New York, NY
Tourmaline and Diamond Cocktail Ring
Royaal Stones Ltd
21st Century and Contemporary Art Deco
Pink Tourmaline Diamonds White and Yellow Gold ...
5 Carat Rubellite Red Tourmaline Emerald Diamon...
Late 20th Century
Early 19th Century Antique Garnet Diamond Openw...
Antique Early 19th Century Georgian