This marvelous opal ring is a signed piece by Larter & Sons from the Art Nouveau (ca1900) era! The alluring design features a large opal cabochon bezel set at the center a 14kt gold mounting. Each shoulder of the ring bears a decorative green enamel motif, a wonderful compliment to the center stone. The opal itself is simply mesmerizing, displaying a wonderful range of vibrant iridescent colors that seem to glow and shimmer in the light. Included in the color play are shades of bright green, blue, sunset orange, violet, and yellow. The warm colors of the stone against the beautiful yellow gold setting has quite a gorgeous effect! Stamped inside the shank is "14" beside the authentic Larter & Sons signature hallmark. The ring makes an impressive statement piece and is perfect for any opal lover's collection! The ring has a large finger size of 6, but could be re-sized. The opal centerpiece measures approximately 1/2" wide, 5/8" tall, and rests 3/16" high when worn.
- Of the Period
- Place of originUnited States
- Date of manufacturecirca 1900
- ConditionExcellent. The overall condition of the ring is excellent. Besides normal surface wear, there is no apparent damage to the gold setting or to the opal center, which is intact and securely set. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller locationNarberth, PA
- Seller reference number38527
- Reference numberLU3281854463
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: 2 hrs
Located in Narberth, PA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like