18k Gold Tiffany & Co. Diamond Vintage x Ring
About the Item
- Ring Size:5.5 US, Not Resizable
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:5.57 g
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1990
- Condition:In very good condition with no visible wear.
- Seller Location:Venice, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU3051219057202
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Venice, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- 18K Gold Retro Tiffany & Co. Moonstone RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Venice, CAThis retro Tiffany & Co. ring features a moonstone bezel set into an 18k gold ring with a beautiful Florentine finish. The ring has a high profile; the deep cabochon goes from milky ...Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Cocktail RingsMaterials
Moonstone, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- 18k Gold Henry Dunay Vintage RingBy Henry DunayLocated in Venice, CAThis 18k gold ring is big and bold—a classic Henry Dunay design that has great presence on the hand. The ring is sculptural, with a hand-hammered finish that accentuates the large faceted planes of gold that reflect the light for a mesmerizing effect . The ring has sensuous curves and an organic shape similar to a seashell or an ocean wave. Henry Dunay is an award-winning goldsmith and jeweler who gained worldwide recognition after receiving the De Beers Diamond International...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modernist Cocktail RingsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Vintage Marina B 18K Gold Chalcedony Orb RingBy Marina BLocated in Venice, CAThis 18k gold ring by Marina B features a pierced chalcedony bead that spins on the top in a playful and bold fashion. The ring is hallmarked Marina B, 750, with the stye # 180033. W...Category
Early 2000s Italian Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Chalcedony, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- 18K Gold Diamond Contemporary Dome-Shaped RingLocated in Venice, CA18K Gold Diamond Contemporary Dome-Shaped Ring, circa 2000 This is a truly elegant 18k yellow gold and diamond ring. It has a dome shaped head with three offset lines of round cut d...Category
20th Century Unknown Contemporary Dome RingsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold, 18k GoldFree Shipping
- 18k Gold Sapphire and Diamond Gypsy RingLocated in Venice, CAAn 18k gold gypsy ring with an east-west oval sapphire cabochon flanked on either side by bezel set diamonds, this Art Deco ring is a variation of the classic design. The natural sap...Category
Vintage 1920s Unknown Art Deco Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Vintage 18K Gold, Silver, Blue Enamel, and Diamond Ring, 1940 - 1950Located in Venice, CAThis fabulous 18k gold and blue enamel ring is from Portugal, made some time between 1940 and 1950. The eye-catching royal blue enamel background is accented with rose cut diamonds b...Category
Vintage 1940s Portuguese Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Silver, Enamel, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger 18K Yellow Gold Vintage Citrine RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYAn asscher cut citrine enclosed in a yellow gold mounting designed by Jean Schlumberger. Lovely everyday ring, that speaks character and looks like...Category
20th Century French Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Citrine, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co Schlumberger 18K Gold Diamond RingBy Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co.Located in Scottsdale, AZAbsolutely stunning Tiffany & Co Schlumberger diamond engagement ring circa 1970! A pristine and shiny 18K yellow gold band joins together an intricate leaf-like motif compromised of small diamonds as the focal point of the ring. The way the sparkling diamonds contrast the gold band is so eye-catching and really takes this from a classic collectors piece to an archival fashion...Category
Vintage 1970s French Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, PlatinumFree Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. 'X' Signature Diamond Ring Set in 18k Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA beautiful vintage Tiffany & Co. signature cross ring in 18k yellow gold. The ring predominantly features the iconic Tiffany cross motif, set on top of...Category
1990s Unknown Retro Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Infinity Diamond Ring Set in 18k Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA beautiful vintage Tiffany & Co. infinity diamond ring set in 18k yellow gold. The ring depicts the iconic infinity motif, pave set throughout with round brilliant cut diamonds. ...Category
Early 2000s Unknown Modern Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co Estate Ring 18k Y GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Brooklyn, NYTiffany & Co Estate Ring Size 5.5 18k Y Gold TIF326 Please look at the video attached for this item. With the video, you can see the movement of t...Category
1990s American Fashion RingsMaterials
- Tiffany & Co Estate Ring 18k Y GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Brooklyn, NYTiffany & Co Estate Ring Size 4.25 18k Y Gold TIF327 Please look at the video attached for this item. With the video, you can see the movement of the item and appreciate the facetin...Category
1990s American Fashion RingsMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery