Items Similar to Tiffany & Co. Gilded Age Men's Sapphire Ring as Featured in The New York Times View More
Tiffany & Co. Gilded Age Men's Sapphire Ring as Featured in The New York Times
It's not every ring that gets photographed and featured in The New York Times but this one has been: "Standouts include an 18K gold Tiffany ring from the 1870s. featuring a cabochon-cut from Ceylon with hand engravings on the shoulders..." —The New York Times, Dec. 5, 2016. This is a very rare and very special ring, indeed. The Astors, the Vanderbilts, the Rockefellers: these were among the grandest families of the grandest era in American History: the Gilded Age, near the turn of the 20th century. And Tiffany & Co. was the jeweler of record. This important and impossibly rare men's sapphire ring was created at the pinnacle of their design and craftsmanship excellence. Hand-fabricated from rich 18k gold and featuring an elaborately carved and distinctly Gothic band, the centerpiece of this masterwork is a slightly oval cabochon cut sapphire of royal blue weighing 7.25 carats and measuring 10.58 mm x 9.71 mm x 7.72 mm. The gorgeous sapphire gem is facet-quality and from Ceylon. In all ways, this is a ring of tremendous substance and importance. It weighs 22 grams and is perfectly balanced on the finger. Currently a size 10.25, I see no evidence of prior sizing. The piece is in exceptionally fine condition and is without damage, repairs or issues. Given the age of the ring—and of course, the fact that its original owner wore gloves and certainly never so much as touched a doorknob himself, the exceptional condition can only be attributed to subsequent owners who, like me, were surely collectors and not wearers. You will find no equivalent. This ring is of great historical importance and would be a powerful signature piece. Ships with certification for sapphire from Stone Group Labs.
- In the Style OfGilded Age
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Date of Manufacture1890-1910
- Stone Cut
- Condition DetailsEven the finest engraved lines on this ring are sharp and the setting is as tight as the day it was made.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsW 0.99 in. x D 0.56 in. x Dm 0.79 in.W 25 mm x D 14 mm x Dm 20 mm
- Diameter0.79 in. (20 mm)
- Length1.16 in. (29.40 mm)
- Weight23 g
- Seller LocationSouthbury, CT
- Reference NumberLU158916725402
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-10 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2019
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Southbury, CT
More From This Seller
Jade Ring as Featured in the New York Times and...
Men's Ring Featuring The Rarest Garnet on Earth
Antique Late 19th Century Art Nouveau
Imperial Jade Pendant as Seen in The New York T...
Early 20th Century Art Deco
You May Also Like
Tiffany & Co. Art Deco Egyptian Revival Ring in...
(attributed to) Tiffany & Co.
Vintage 1920s Art Deco
EGL Certified .84 Carat Diamond Sapphire White ...
$2,594 Sale Price
Yellow Gold Men Ring with Light Smoky Quartz, F...
Polya Medvedeva Jewellery
2010s Art Deco
$3,040 Sale Price
Yellow Gold and Diamond Men's Ring
21st Century and Contemporary
Stylized Large Citrine Gold Men's Ring
Late 20th Century