Elizabeth Locke Tourmaline Yellow Sapphire 18 Karat Gold Gemstone Cocktail Ring
About the Item
- Ring Size:6 US, Resizable
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:10.3 g
- Date of Manufacture:Contemporary
- Seller Location:Philadelphia, PA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU1184313194612
Venetian-glass intaglios, ancient Greek and Roman coins, antique porcelain buttons and other treasures that Elizabeth Locke collects from around the world all inspire and are incorporated into her earrings, necklaces and other handmade designs.
The Virginia-based jeweler began her journey as a collector after she’d already launched her namesake jewelry line, and her assemblage of micromosaics, which are essentially miniature plaques composed of enameled-glass tesserae, were the subject of the 2020–21 exhibition “A Return to the Grand Tour: Micromosaic Jewels from the Collection of Elizabeth Locke” at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
“They’re very hard to find, and you never know where you’ll see them,” Locke explains of micromosaics, the magnificent, miniature works for which she’s had to navigate lesser-known antique shops and auctions and build relationships with private dealers in Europe.
All of Locke’s imaginative jewelry pieces see an integration of rare and eclectic materials, the kind that might’ve been amassed during a 19th-century Grand Tour of Europe, when these coming-of-age journeys had long been popular (mostly for wealthy European men). Working in a neoclassical style, Locke references history with a modern approach for her moonstone earrings, gold-link bracelets, Venetian-glass pendants and other distinctive accessories. As she told W magazine, “Jewelry is designed for the era in which it is worn.”
In 1988, as an editor for Town & Country, Locke traveled to Bangkok to write about making jewelry. Unexpectedly, she found her niche. Upon her return home, Locke enrolled in the Gemological Institute of America and began sketching ideas. By 1990, her tourmaline ring — crafted with the goldsmiths she had met in Bangkok and who she would continue to collaborate with over the following decades — landed the cover of W.
Locke’s handmade, 19-karat-gold designs give one-of-a-kind antiquities new meaning in the 21st century. Not one to follow trends, Locke prefers designs that express a unique vision. “I know what I can do and I know what I feel comfortable doing, and I stick to it,” she has said.
Find a collection of Elizabeth Locke’s jewelry on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Elizabeth Locke Spinel Rhodolite Garnet 19 Karat Hammered Gold Gemstone RingBy Elizabeth LockeLocated in Philadelphia, PAThree stone ring features a mixed oval cut natural spinel weighing approximately 4.80 carats Light pink in color and semi-transparent with natural inclusions Flanked by 5.0 mm cush...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Garnet, Spinel, Rhodolite, Gold, Yellow Gold
- Elizabeth Locke Chrysoprase Tsavorite Garnet 19 Karat Yellow Gold Cocktail RingBy Elizabeth LockeLocated in Philadelphia, PACentering an oval shaped chrysoprase cabochon measuring 15.0 x 18.0 mm. Translucent bluish green in color with medium saturation. Bezel set with gold frame surround. Flanked by tsavo...Category
Early 2000s Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
Chrysophrase, Garnet, Tsavorite, Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier Paris 1960s Sapphire Cabochon 18 Karat Yellow Gold Three Stone RingBy CartierLocated in Philadelphia, PABypass style and terminating with a faceted tail and three sapphire cabochons. Weighing apx 2.55 carats total - well matched transparent medium blue. Bezel set in tiered fluted segments. With high polish finish. Inscribed with carat weight. Stamped 750 with French and British hallmarks for 18 karat gold. Numbered and fully signed for Cartier Paris. Circa: 1960's. Ring size: 5 and not sizable. Measures North to South 15.0 mm and sits 8.0 mm high. Total weight: 11.8 grams Stock Number: We-11003 This masterfully crafted Cartier Paris ring...Category
Vintage 1960s French Modernist Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Elizabeth Locke Vintage Peridot 18 Karat Yellow Gold EarringsBy Elizabeth LockeLocated in Philadelphia, PAEarrings center bezel set 10.0 mm round cut peridots - transparent and medium lime green in color Accented by a fluted hammered gold surround Completed by hinged omega backs with o...Category
Vintage 1980s Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Peridot, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Contemporary 2.51 Carat Paraiba Tourmaline Trillion Cut Diamond 18 Karat RingLocated in Philadelphia, PACentering an oval cut Paraiba tourmaline weighing 2.39 carats total - transparent light bluish-green in color. Natural with no indications of clarity enhancement - prong set in a sty...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Paraiba, Diamond, White Diamond, Tourmaline, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Elizabeth Locke Vintage 19 Karat Gold Pheasant Olive Branch Bird Signet RingBy Elizabeth LockeLocated in Philadelphia, PARing centers a high polished gold cushion shaped intaglio Depicting a pheasant holding an olive branch in its beak Flanked by split shoulders with gold beading With hammered gold ...Category
1990s Contemporary Signet RingsMaterials
Gold, Yellow Gold
- Handcraft Tourmaline 18 Karat Yellow Gold Diamonds Sapphires Cocktail RingBy SCALA GIOIELLILocated in Marcianise, ITFor any problems related to some materials contained in the items that do not allow shipping and require specific documents that require a particular period, please contact the selle...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Artisan Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Tourmaline, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tourmaline Sapphire Ring 18 Karats Yellow GoldLocated in Geneva, CHModern ring crafted in 18 karats yellow gold, decorated with a central square tourmaline rose about 2 carats, and surrounded by 4 oval shape blue sap...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Art Deco Fashion RingsMaterials
Sapphire, Tourmaline, Yellow Gold, 18k GoldFree Shipping
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Salmon Tourmaline, Rainbow Sapphire & Diamond Cocktail RingLocated in Scottsdale, AZDesigner: custom design Material: 18K yellow gold Diamond: 52 round brilliant cut = 0.38cttw Color: G Clarity: VS1-2 Salmon Tourmaline: 1 oval cut = 2.76cttw Rainbow Sapphire: 22 pri...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Tourmaline, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- 18 Karat Yellow Gold Pink Tourmaline Citrine Tourmaline 3-Stone Cocktail RingBy Joon HanLocated in New York, NYOne-of-a-kind three-stone cocktail ring of pink tourmaline, citrine and green tourmaline, handcrafted in 18 karat yellow gold. This classic three-stone cocktail ring is vibrant in its combination of gemstones and colors, with the focus on the beautiful shade of the pink tourmaline center stone. This delightful, richly colored ring...Category
2010s Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
Citrine, Multi-gemstone, Tourmaline, Rose Gold, Gold, 18k Gold
- Ring Citrine Two Orange Sapphires Yellow Gold 18 KaratLocated in Vannes, FRDiscover this superb ring in 18-carat yellow gold, adorned with a magnificent cushion-shaped citrine and two orange sapphires. This ring is a true jewel of sophistication, combining ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Artist Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Citrine, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Sacchi Sapphire and Diamonds Gemstone Cocktail Ring 18 Karat Yellow GoldBy Sacchi GioielliLocated in Rome, ITLovely Sapphire and Diamonds Satin Yellow Gold Cocktail Ring, from Sacchi’s Desert Rose Collection, hand-crafted with lost-wax casting technique. Lost-wax casting, one of the oldest...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
White Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold