Items Similar to Carl Schon Sterling Silver and Oyster Shell Atlantic Yacht Club Ashtray Trophy View More
Carl Schon Sterling Silver and Oyster Shell Atlantic Yacht Club Ashtray Trophy
An antique Carl Schon oyster shell & sterling silver ashtray with an integral barnacle match holder and shell feet. The ashtray is dedicated as yachting trophy for the Atlantic Yacht Club. (Apparently a winning captain could sometimes chose the base object for their trophy. What a wonderfully apropos selection in this Baltimore maritime piece by Carl Schon!) Engraved to the rim: ATLANTIC YACHT CLUB RACE WEEK CLASS P FIRST PRIZE "Windward" AUG. 21, 1917 Base marked: Sterling Carl Schon Baltimore Width: ca. 4 3/8 in. Items purchased from this dealer must delight you. Purchases may be returned for any reason for a period of seven days.
- CreatorCarl Schon
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Date of Manufacture1917
- Condition DetailsWith some very minor edge wear and some very fine and light surface scratches throughout and other signs of light wear consistent with age
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 1.5 in. x W 4.38 in. x D 4.75 in.H 38.1 mm x W 111.26 mm x D 120.65 mm
- Length4.75 in. (120.65 mm)
- Weight240 g
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference NumberLU84935448202
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Philadelphia, PA
More From This Seller
Large Hand Hammered Shreve & Co. Sterling Silve...
Shreve & Co.
Early 20th Century Art Deco More Objets d'Art and Vertu
A wonderful art deco chalice-form trophy by Shreve & Co. With overall hand hammered decoration, the large cup is supported by a thin vasiform pedestal and foot. Fashioned for the Te...
Georg Jensen Sterling Silver Grapes Pattern No....
Mid-20th Century Art Nouveau Brooches
A fine Georg Jensen No. 101 'Grapes' pattern sterling silver pin. This pin is a classic in Jensen's important Art Nouveau Oeuvre. Like a perfect Jazz Standard, it is simply iconic. ...
Pat Flynn Mixed Metals Sterling Silver and 18 K...
Late 20th Century Modernist More Objets d'Art and Vertu
An exceptional Pat Flynn mixed metals beaker or drinking vessel in sterling silver and 18K gold. Simply breathtaking metal-smithing from a major American craftsman, whose work is in...
H A Cary Figural Orientalist One Hump Camel Ste...
Early 20th Century Egyptian Revival Desk Accessories
A wonderful figural sterling silver letter in the form of a one hump camel. The camel wears a wry expression on its face and has a finely detailed, sculptural quality. This is...