- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Gucci Black Stainless Steel Bamboo 132.4 Women's Wristwatch 36 mm
- Case Material
- Case DimensionsDiameter: 1.42 in (36 mm)
- Place of OriginItaly
- Date of Manufacture2010
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Gently Used This item is in very good condition aside from minor scratches. This watch was newly replaced with an original Swiss battery.
- Seller LocationDubai, AE
- Reference NumberSeller: 5188421stDibs: LU1310114016612
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Long before trend-bucking creative director Alessandro Michele brought his hallucinatory “Utopian Fantasy” campaign to Gucci, it was a modest Italian leather shop. Today, it’s an internationally renowned luxury house with an iconic logo, and vintage Gucci clothing, handbags and shoes are among high fashion's most covetable goods.
Guccio Gucci (1881–1953) admired the stylish suitcases he saw wealthy guests arrive with at the Savoy Hotel in London, where he worked as a bellhop. So, in 1921, after a stint at Franzi, a luggage company in his hometown of Florence, he opened a leather goods shop of his own.
At first, Gucci’s Florence business specialized in equestrian accessories. But as its reputation flourished, particularly among the English aristocracy, so too did its footprint. In 1938, he brought three of his sons — Aldo, Vasco and Rodolfo — into the business and expanded it to Rome and later Milan. In the mid-1930s, a League of Nations embargo against Italy pushed Gucci to experiment with alternatives to imported leather. Its woven hemp fabric from Naples, adorned with the brand’s signature diamond print, was a hit, especially among A-list celebrities. The material was first used on suitcases before finding enduring popularity on handbags. (No list of revered designer purses would be complete without Gucci.)
In the 1950s, Elizabeth Taylor carried one of Gucci’s bamboo-handled tote bags, another adaptation to material rationing. After Jackie Kennedy was seen sporting a slouchy Gucci tote in 1961, it was renamed for the First Lady. Then Grace Kelly, on a visit to the boutique in Milan, inspired Rodolfo Gucci to work with Italian illustrator and Gucci textile designer Vittorio Accornero on the Flora print in 1966. Taking cues from Sandro Botticelli’s Primavera, with its pattern of flora and insects, it was painted entirely by hand and featured no fewer than 37 colors.
In 1953, just 15 days after opening his first store on New York’s 5th Avenue, Guccio passed away at 72. The early 1970s saw store openings in Tokyo and Hong Kong, but by the late 1980s, Gucci was floundering. Rodolfo Gucci took charge in 1982, but family drama and lawsuits ensued. In 1993, Rodolfo’s son, Maurizio, transferred his shares in the company to Investcorp, ending the family’s involvement in Gucci. Dawn Mello, then-president of Bergdorf Goodman, joined as creative director in 1989. But it was Tom Ford, who took over as creative director in 1994, who ultimately revived the brand.
Ford’s racy ads, shot by photographers such as Mario Testino, stirred controversy. And his potent vision of sexed-up femininity — with “jewel-toned satin shirts unbuttoned to there,” as Vogue described his breakthrough 1995 runway show — was wildly successful. The new millennium brought new ownership — Pinault Printemps Redoute in 2004 — and a more toned-down vision from Frida Giannini, who became sole creative director in 2006. Alessandro Michele was named creative director in 2015, and the storied brand took a giant leap forward.
Find vintage Gucci clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Gucci Multicolor Fabric Limited Edition Tom Ford Horsebit Chain ClutchBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2One look at this clutch from Gucci and you'll know right away why it is luxury. It is not only high in style and magnificent in appeal but it is limited as well. Crafted from fabric ...Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- Gucci Gun Metal Leather Bamboo Tassels ClutchBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Have all eyes on you when you flaunt this stunner of a clutch by Gucci. Crafted from leather, it carries a metallic shade and a zipper which secures the leather interior for your ess...Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- Gucci Black Cotton Patch Pocket Detail Tailored Corduroy Blazer XLBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Here's a blazer that is classic in style and great in shape! Tailored beautifully from cotton, this corduroy blazer from Gucci comes flaunting a black shade. Notch lapels, front butt...Category
2010s Italian Blazers
- Gucci Grey Patent Leather Peep Toe Slingback Sandals Size 35.5By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Keep it casual and chic with these patent leather sandals. These stylish sandals are lined with premium leather and will keep you at the top of your style game. These fashionable san...Category
2010s Italian Sandals$274 Sale Price27% Off
- Gucci Beige Canvas Bamboo Horsebit Slingback Sandals Size 40By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Slip into these Gucci sandals and add grace to your strides. Crafted from beige canvas, these slingbacks feature bamboo Horsebit details. With open toes and 9 cm heels, these sandals...Category
2010s Italian Strap Sandals
- Gucci Black Cotton Silk Blend Embellished Sleeveless Dress SBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Dress up in this Gucci dress and experience style like never before. The black dress is sleeveless and it features embellishments on the sides and a zip closure. This dress will shin...Category
2010s Italian Day Dresses
You May Also Like
2010s Swiss Wrist Watches
Diamond, Steel, Stainless Steel
20th Century Swiss Modern Wrist Watches
Malachite, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
2010s Wrist Watches
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern Wrist Watches
Diamond, White Diamond, Steel, Stainless Steel
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern Cuff Bracelets
Diamond, White Diamond, Stainless Steel, Steel
1990s Wrist Watches
Early 2000s Wrist Watches
1990s Swiss Contemporary Wrist Watches
Vintage 1960s Italian Retro Wrist Watches
18k Gold, Gold, Enamel
Early 2000s Wrist Watches
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery