Men's 18K Yellow Gold Cartier Panther Jumbo Watch
View Similar Items
Men's 18K Yellow Gold Cartier Panther Jumbo Watch
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- Cartier Jumbo Panther Stainless Steel Men's Quartz Watch with DateBy CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Jumbo Panther Stainless Steel Men's Quartz Watch with Date - Quartz. Stainless steel case (29mm x 40mm). Silver colored dial with black Roman numerals and date at 3 o'clock. ...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$3,540Free Shipping
- Cartier Roadster Chronograph XL 18k Yellow Gold Men's Watch 2619By CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Roadster Chronograph XL 18k Yellow Gold Men's Watch 2619 - Automatic winding; chronograph with date. 18k yellow gold case (43 mm x 47mm). Champagne Dial with subdials. Cartie...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$27,480Free Shipping
- Cartier Roadster Chronograph XL 18k Yellow Gold Men's Watch 2619By CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Roadster Chronograph XL 18k Yellow Gold Men's Watch 2619 - Automatic winding; chronograph with date. 18k yellow gold case (43 mm x 47mm). Silver Dial with subdials. Cartier 1...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Swiss Wrist Watches$15,480Free Shipping
- Cartier Panther Ladies 18k Yellow Gold Diamond WatchBy CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Panther Ladies 18k Yellow Gold Diamond Watch - Quartz. 18k yellow gold case with factory diamond bezel (21mm x 30mm). Creme colored dial with raised gold Roman numeral at noo...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$19,080Free Shipping
- Cartier Tank Francaise 18k Yellow Gold Men's Watch WE1010R8 1840By CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Tank Francaise 18k Yellow Gold Men's Watch WE1010R8 1840 - Automatic winding; date at 6 o'clock. 18k yellow gold case with two row diamonds (28 x 32mm ). Silver guilloche dia...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist Watches$10,200Free Shipping
- Cartier Tank Solo 18k Yellow Gold Men's Watch W1018855 2742By CartierLocated in Dallas, TXCartier Tank Solo 18K Yellow Gold Men's Watch W1018855 2742 - Quartz movement. 18k yellow gold case with stainless steel back (27mm x 34mm). Silver colored dial with black Roman numerals. Red Cartier strap band with 18k yellow gold Cartier buckle...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Swiss Wrist Watches$7,250Free Shipping
- Cartier Panther Yellow Gold Jumbo Wrist WatchBy CartierLocated in Chicago, ILCirca 2000 Cartier Panther collection Wrist Watch, 29 x 29 M.M. 18k Yellow Gold 3 piece case, Quartz movement, Sapphire Crown, off white dial with Black Roman numerals, calendar wind...Category
Early 2000s French Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$16,750Free Shipping
- Cartier Pasha 1023 Men's Watch in 18kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier Pasha 1023 Men's Watch in 18kt Yellow Gold SKU: 114887 PRIMARY DETAILS Brand: Cartier Model: Pasha Country of Origin: Switzerland Movement Type: Mechanical: Automatic/Kinet...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow Gold$10,900Free Shipping
- 1940's Hamilton Gordon 18K Yellow Gold Watch Manual Men's Watch #15797By HamiltonLocated in Washington Depot, CT1940's Hamilton Gordon Men's Watch' This vintage Hamilton men's watch is set in 18K yellow gold. Case is approx. 22mm x 37mm Hand winding movement Silver Dial Gold pyramid hour...Category
Vintage 1940s Wrist WatchesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Silver$1,495Free Shipping
- 18k Gold Men's Watch Omega Constellation ChronometerBy OmegaLocated in Montreal, QCOmega Constellation chronometer, automatic day-date 18k gold men's watch with leather strap, circa 1960-69. Lug width 19mm, mechanical ...Category
Vintage 1960s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold$3,500Free Shipping
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Men's 18k Yellow Gold Black Dial Mens Watch 116528By RolexLocated in Aventura, FLThe Rolex Daytona 116528 is the all-gold variation of the 6-digit Cosmograph Daytona. The particular reference that is presented here boasts an 18 karat yellow gold finish, a 40mm Oyster case with polished lugs, a three-link Oyster bracelet with polished center links, and a sophisticated black dial topped with luminous baton hour markers and hands. The dial also displays the chronograph registers in yellow gold as well as the Daytona logo in striking red font. As a traditional Rolex chronograph, the Daytona also boasts a 400-kilometer Tachymeter bezel and side pushers, giving this used Rolex...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modernist Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$59,400Free Shipping
- Cartier Roadster 18K Yellow Gold Large Mens Watch W62003V1By CartierLocated in Atlanta, GACartier Roadster 18K Yellow Gold Large Mens Watch W62003V1. Automatic self-winding movement. 18K yellow gold tonneau shaped case 37 x 44 mm. . Sc...Category
Early 2000s Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow Gold$17,387Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Cartier Love Bracelet
This iconic jewel has captured countless hearts with its elegant design and its amatory symbolism. Counterfeiters have taken note of the demand and created fake versions. If you’re looking for a genuine Cartier Love bracelet, it’s crucial to check all the elements for authenticity. Our guide will teach you the telltale traits of a knockoff.
The 14 Most Iconic Watches for Women
Style, craft and heritage combine to make these designs undeniable classics.