Must de Cartier Women's Vermeil Quartz Tank Watch w/ Lemon Dial Leather Band
View Similar Items
Must de Cartier Women's Vermeil Quartz Tank Watch w/ Lemon Dial Leather Band
- Case Material:
- Weight:18.3 g
- Strap Material:Leather
- Case Shape:Rectangle
- Case Dimensions:Height: 0.79 in (20 mm)Width: 0.79 in (20 mm)
- Place of Origin:Switzerland
- Date of Manufacture:1980s
- Condition:Repaired: Battery + New Band + Polish.
- Seller Location:Sherman Oaks, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: 022-11161stDibs: LU1173119337672
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- 18k Yellow Gold Movado Women's Quartz Watch w/ Black Leather Band NiceBy MovadoLocated in Sherman Oaks, CA18k Yellow Gold Movado Watch w/ Black Leather Band Nice! Model #40-25-824 Serial #107347 18k Yellow Gold Case 24 mm in Diameter (25 mm w/ Crown) Lug...Category
1990s American Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,000Free Shipping
- Ebel Women's 18 Karat Gold Quartz #1657 Watch with Diamonds and Leather BandBy EbelLocated in Sherman Oaks, CACase #881926-1657 Serial #881908 18k Yellow Gold Case w/ Pavé-Set Diamond Bezel 26 mm in Diameter (28 mm w/ Crown) Lug-to-Lug Distance = 30 mm Thickness = 4 mm Off-White Dial w/ Gold...Category
Late 20th Century Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$3,025Free Shipping
- Longines 14 Karat Gold Women's Mystery Dial Hand-Winding Watch with Leather BandBy LonginesLocated in Sherman Oaks, CAMovement #4LLV Movement Serial #9037087 Case #643112_587 14k Yellow Gold Case 19 mm in Diameter (20 mm w/ Crown) Lug-to-Lug Distance = 24 mm Lug-to-Lug Width = 10 mm Thickness = 7 mm...Category
Vintage 1960s Swiss Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Longines Women's Stainless Steel Dolce Vita Quartz Watch Diamond Dial & BezelBy LonginesLocated in Sherman Oaks, CALongines Women's Stainless Steel Dolce Vita Quartz Watch Diamond Dial & Bezel Movement #280002 Case #25.158-0.34591489 Stainless Steel Case w/ Diamond ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Swiss Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, Steel, Stainless Steel
- Omega Women's Stainless Steel Quartz Constellation Watch MOP Dial Diamond BezelBy OmegaLocated in Sherman Oaks, CAMovement #1456-976001 Case #55978740 Stainless Steel Case w/ Diamond Bezel 22 mm in Diameter (24 mm w/ Crown) Lug-to-Lug Distance = 27 mm Lug-to-Lug Width = 14 mm Thickness = 7...Category
1990s Swiss Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, Stainless Steel
- Obrey Solid Silver Women's Quartz Round Watch with Silver Link BandLocated in Sherman Oaks, CAObrey Solid Silver Women's Quartz Round Watch w/ Silver Link Band Solid Silver Case 29 mm in Diameter (31 mm w/ Crown) Lug-to-Lug Distance = 57 mm Thickness = 9 mm White Dial w/ Bl...Category
1990s French Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Must De Cartier Tank Quartz WristwatchBy CartierLocated in Los Angeles, CAMust de Cartier tank quartz vermeil wristwatch circa 1980. ABOUT THIS ITEM: #W-CJ1821. Scroll down for specifications. Like so many other Cartier wristwatch designs this large tank ...Category
Vintage 1980s Swiss Contemporary Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Must de Cartier Tank Ladies Quartz 1990s, Silver Gilt Vermeil, Ref. 366001By CartierLocated in Braintree, GBMust De Cartier Tank ladies Quartz 1990's. Silver gilt Vermeil, Ref. 366001 Made in Switzerland. Comes in original box and recent Cartier Servic...Category
1990s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Vermeil, Silver$3,079 / itemFree Shipping
- Cartier Tank Must de Cartier Classic Railway Louis 557051 Model VermeilBy CartierLocated in PARIS, FRCARTIER Founded in 1847 For the discerning ones Wear Cartier watch it's integrate the club of famous clients : Jackie Kennedy, Princess Diana, the Duchess of Windsor, Princess Grace, Barbara Hutton, Elizabeth Taylor, Andy Warhol, Yves Saint Laurent, Truman Capote, Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Jean Cocteau, Mohamed Ali amongst countless others. The version of the Tank must presented to you is the 1985’ version : Tank L. C. vermeil case. Make the perfect gift with this fabulous Tank Must de Cartier. MODEL Tank Must de Cartier - Classic Railway Reference : 557051 Size : Small SM PM The serial numbers are voluntarily blurred on the case back photography...Category
Vintage 1980s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Blue Sapphire, Vermeil, Sterling Silver$3,905Free Shipping
- Cartier Tank Must 4323 Steel Quartz WatchBy CartierLocated in San Fernando, CACARTIER TANK MUST WATCH large model high autonomy quartz movement Steel case beaded crown set with a synthetic cabochon-shaped spinel silvered ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Cartier Tank Must de Cartier LC Large GM LM Tortoise Lacquer Vermeil Gold + BoxBy CartierLocated in PARIS, FRCARTIER Founded in 1847 For the discerning ones Wear Cartier watch it's integrate the club of famous clients : Jackie Kennedy, Princess Diana, the Duchess of Windsor, Princess Grace, Barbara Hutton, Elizabeth Taylor, Andy Warhol, Yves Saint Laurent, Truman Capote, Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Jean Cocteau, Mohamed Ali amongst countless others. Cartier's collection of "must" watches, in vermeil, was launched in 1977. It takes the L.C Tank shape with its sapphire cabochon crown. The iconic design of the Louis Cartier Tank associated with the novelty of these colors will make this collection a worldwide success. The version of the Tank must presented to you is the 1977 version : Tank L. C. vermeil case, dial without numerals, Ecaille, Tortoise Shell Lacquer. Make the perfect gift with this fabulous Tank Must de Cartier. MODEL Tank Must de Cartier – Classic railway pattern. Size : Large GM LM The serial numbers are voluntarily blurred on the case back photography. CASE MATERIAL: Gold plated on sterling silver gold plated (Vermeil) Dial, case and movement signed. CASE DIMENSION(S): 23 x 30 mm (excluding the crown) DIAL: Ecaille Tortoise Shell lacquered Dial. With a light spider patina. Golden swords hands. FRONT GLASS: Mineral glass. MOVEMENT : Cartier 78-1 caliber (same caliber of the 18k solid gold Tank Louis Cartier model) Manual winding movement STRAP: New unbranded leather strap BUCKLE MATERIAL: Original Cartier Gold plated Buckle INCLUDED : Accompanied by its original Must de Cartier box. CONDITION REPORT : The watch was inspected by our professional watchmaker in Paris. The watch movement running well, keeping time. The case is in great condition, the glass is without mark, the dial is perfect with a light spider patina. Only thing to note is a gold plated lost barely visible on the case back (upper left). A true must have. Our complete description have value of certificate of authenticity and appraisal. In addition you can see a picture of the watch on a Cartier book...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Art Deco Wrist WatchesMaterials
Citrine, Gold Plate, Vermeil, Sterling Silver
- Cartier TANK MUST WATCH REDBy CartierLocated in London, GBTank Must watch, large model, quartz movement. Steel case, beaded crown set with a synthetic cabochon-shaped spinel, claret lacquered dial, polished steel sw...Category
2010s French Wrist WatchesMaterials
Stainless Steel$5,530 / itemFree Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
Nothing Says Summer Heat Like This Ruby-Red Cartier Stunner
The vintage bombé ring is bursting with color and timeless style.
Gems by David Webb, Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels Anchor The Back Vault’s Treasure Trove
Boasting one of the largest collections of David Webb in the world, the firm offers exceptional jewels — always in demand yet never in short supply.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery