- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Two Tone Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Just Watch
- Case Material
- Case DimensionsDiameter: 1.42 in. (36 mm)
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Date of Manufacture1979
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationCape Town, ZA
- Reference NumberSeller: P15781stDibs: LU2344214973322
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingEstimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Cape Town, South Africa
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
While the rise in popularity of vintage Rolex watches is of no surprise to aficionados, collectors and industry experts, when it comes to contemporary luxury wristwatches, Rolex is also often the first brand that springs to mind. Not only is the company revered for its precision timekeeping and impeccable craftsmanship, but its name was designed to be memorable.
Rolex's enviable worldwide recognition can be credited in part to the genius of company founder Hans Wilsdorf. When the German-born watch dealer and his brother-in-law, Alfred Davis, set up their London enterprise, in 1905, they called it Wilsdorf & Davis, according to the traditional formula.
But Wilsdorf was determined to come up with another name that was short, would look good on a watch dial and was easy to say and remember in several languages. In 1908, he trademarked the name Rolex, and by 1920, he had moved the company to Geneva and redubbed it as Montres Rolex S.A.
But the main reasons for the brand’s success are its aforementioned commitment to precision and unflagging pursuit of innovation. In 1926, the company introduced the aptly named Oyster model. With a screw-down crown and case back, both fitted with rubber gaskets, this was the first truly waterproof watch.
Five years later, Rolex upped the ante with the Oyster Perpetual. That model’s patented Perpetual movement contained a rotor mechanism enabling it to self-wind. In another trendsetting move, in 1945, the brand debuted the Datejust, with a date window prominently displayed on the dial.
The company’s two most iconic models are sports watches. Although the Submariner, which debuted in 1953, was developed as a dive watch, its waterproof case, solid construction and good looks made it a favorite of adventurers and urbanites alike, including James Bond, who wore it in classics like Dr. No and Goldfinger. The Daytona, the racing chronograph made famous by Paul Newman, is especially sought after by collectors. Newman’s personal Daytona, which hit the auction block in 2017, sold for $17.8 million.
Find vintage Rolex watches, bracelets and more on 1stDibs.
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Just WatchBy RolexLocated in Cape Town, ZARolex Oyster Perpetual Date Just Watch – Automatic in Excellent condition. Model Number: 116200 Year: 19917 - 2022 Stainless Steel Case measuring 36mm with a Black Dial, & Stainless...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Unknown Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date WatchBy RolexLocated in Cape Town, ZARolex Oyster Perpetual Date Watch - Automatic in Very Good condition. Model Number: 115 200 & Serial Number: M278262 Year: 2007 -2008 Stainless Steel Case (33mm). Black Dial with S...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Sea Dweller WatchBy RolexLocated in Cape Town, ZARolex Oyster Perpetual Date Sea Dweller Watch – Automatic in Excellent condition. Model Number: 16600 Year: 1991 - 2010 Stainless Steel Case measuring 40mm with a Black Dial, & Stai...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Submariner WatchBy RolexLocated in Cape Town, ZARolex Oyster Perpetual Date Submariner Watch - Automatic in Very Good condition. Serial Number: R830207 Year: 1988 Stainless Steel Case measuring 36mm with a Black Dial & Stainless...Category
Antique 19th Century Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual DateBy RolexLocated in Cape Town, ZARolex Oyster perpetual date with case material consisting of stainless steel and 18ct Gold. Model number: K484272 & Serial number: 15223 Movement: Automatic Case Size: 34mm Bracele...Category
Early 2000s Swiss Modern Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Stainless Steel$7,900
- 18ct Yellow Gold Rolex CelliniBy RolexLocated in Cape Town, ZA18ct Yellow Gold Rolex Cellini Watch - Quartz in good condition. Model Number: E652182 & Serial Number: 6623/8 18ct yellow gold case (37mm inc crown) with 11 Diamonds weighing0.01ca...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Classical Roman Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$11,655
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Wrist Watches
18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Stainless Steel
20th Century Wrist Watches
Vintage 1980s Wrist Watches
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist Watches
20th Century Wrist Watches
20th Century Wrist Watches
Mid-20th Century Modern Wrist Watches
Vintage 1970s Swiss Wrist Watches
Diamond, Stainless Steel
Vintage 1970s Wrist Watches
Tiger's Eye, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Early 2000s Wrist Watches
Recently ViewedView More
Rolex Buying Guide: Everything You Need to Know about Choosing the Right Watch
From understanding the models to choosing among vintage, pre-owned and new watches, here’s our expert advice on finding the best Rolex for you.
Get a Glimpse at One of the Most Valuable Watch Collections in the World
As the cache goes on display at London’s Design Museum, we speak to its enigmatic owner about some of his rarest acquisitions.