- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Rolex Orchid Chameleon 14 Karat Yellow Gold Ladies
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 7-9 days, excluding production time. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Dallas, TX
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Rolex (Designer)
Ask anyone, anywhere, to name a luxury watch brand, and the answer will probably be “Rolex.” This enviable worldwide recognition can be credited in part to the genius of company founder Hans Wilsdorf. When the German-born watch dealer and his brother-in-law, Alfred Davis, set up their London enterprise, in 1905, they called it Wilsdorf & Davis, according to the traditional formula.
But Wilsdorf was determined to come up with another name that was short, would look good on a watch dial and was easy to say and remember in several languages. In 1908, he trademarked the name Rolex, and by 1920, he had moved the company to Geneva and redubbed it as Montres Rolex S.A.
But the main reasons for the brand’s success are its commitment to precision and unflagging pursuit of innovation. In 1926, the company introduced the aptly named Oyster model. With a screw-down crown and case back, both fitted with rubber gaskets, this was the first truly waterproof watch.
Five years later, Rolex upped the ante with the Oyster Perpetual. That model’s patented Perpetual movement contained a rotor mechanism enabling it to self-wind. In another trendsetting move, in 1945, the brand debuted the Datejust, with a date window prominently displayed on the dial.
The company’s two most iconic models are sports watches. Although the Submariner, which debuted in 1953, was developed as a dive watch, its waterproof case, solid construction and good looks made it a favorite of adventurers and urbanites alike, including James Bond, who wore it in classics like Dr. No and Goldfinger. The Daytona, the racing chronograph made famous by Paul Newman, is especially sought after by collectors. Newman’s personal Daytona, which hit the auction block in 2017, sold for $17.8 million.
Find vintage and contemporary Rolex watches, bracelets and more on 1stDibs.
- By RolexLocated in Dallas, TXRolex Cellini 18k Yellow Gold Ladies Dress Watch - Manual winding. 18k yellow gold case (32mm diameter). Blue di...Category
20th Century Wrist Watches$4,750Free Shipping
- By RolexLocated in Dallas, TXRolex Cellini Ladies 18k Yellow Gold Watch 13767 - Quartz. 18k yellow gold case (26mm diameter). Champagne Jubil...Category
20th Century Wrist Watches$4,350Free Shipping
- By RolexLocated in Dallas, TXRolex Lady President 18k Yellow Gold Ladies Watch 79178 - Automatic winding, 31 jewels, Quickset date, sapphire ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist Watches$12,200Free Shipping
- By HamiltonLocated in Dallas, TXVintage Ladies Hamilton 14K Yellow Gold Watch - Manual winding. 14K yellow gold case (14mm x 29mm). Ivory colo...Category
20th Century Wrist Watches$1,550Free Shipping
You May Also Like
Vintage 1960s Wrist Watches
20th Century Wrist Watches
Mid-20th Century Retro Wrist Watches
Yellow Gold, 14k Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist Watches
1990s Wrist Watches
Late 20th Century Wrist Watches
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Mid-20th Century More Jewelry
14k Gold, Yellow Gold
Vintage 1930s Wrist Watches
18k Gold, Yellow Gold
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery