February 2, 2015
by Clair Watson | February 2, 2015
The recent crop of men’s runway shows, which revealed the looks for Fall 2015, featured many masculine touches. Yet we also discerned a refreshing trend of gender bending, allowing men to embrace their inner girl — from the androgynous long-haired models in blouses with bows (courtesy of the last-minute substitute design team at Gucci) to the flowing maxi coats donned by the models in Raf Simons’s Paris show. Below, behold a selection of 1stdibs fashion, furniture, jewelry and art inspired by our favorite ambisexual looks.
1. Gold-and-quartz Girl’s Face pendant, 1970s, offered by Deborah Mellen Jewels 2. Hermès men’s navy blue trousers, 21st century, offered by Palm Beach Vintage 3. Yves Saint Laurent red silk top, 1979, offered by Shrimpton Couture 4. Gucci calfskin belt, 1990s, offered by Fuchsia Treasures Corps 5. Arne Jacobsen Egg chair in original two-tone green wool, 1960s, offered by My Modern 6. Oskar, 2008, by Billy & Hells, offered by Fahey/Klein Gallery
1. Paul Colin Cannes poster, 1946, offered by the Reel Poster Gallery 2. Isabella Rossellini, Milan, 1995, by Roxanne Lowit, offered by Preiss Fine Arts Photographers Limited Editions 3. Galanos women’s double-breasted wool coat, 1960s, offered by the Paper Bag Princess 4. Moschino men’s photo-print jeans, 1990s, offered by Screaming Mimi’s 5. Hans Gugelot slide projector, ca. 1967, offered by Markanto Designklassiker UG 6. Tondo, 1968, by Theodore Hios, offered by D. Wigmore Fine Art, Inc. 7. Mariani for Pace leather-and-chrome cabinets, 1970s, offered by Assemblage Ltd. 8. Milo Baughman sectional sofa, 1977, offered by Converso
1. Lady Gaga with Bruise, Venice, CA, 2009, by Martin Schoeller, offered by Hasted Kraeutler 2. Stephen Sprouse men’s pink blazer, 1984, offered by Screaming Mimi’s 3. Gianni Versace women’s silk blouse, 20th century, offered by the Paper Bag Princess 4. Eduard Klablena ceramic parrot, ca. 1911, offered by Galerie Bei Der Albertina Zetter 5. Jules Sarlandie for Limoges enameled vase, ca. 1930, offered by Historical Design, Inc. 6. Marcello Morandini for Sawaya & Moroni striped chair, 1991, offered by the Gallery
1. Deep In The Forest, 2008, by Ritva Puotila, offered by Lief 2. Issey Miyake women’s jacket with zipper buttons, 1980s, offered by Jennifer Kobrin 4. Hermès indigo Birkin bag, 21st century, offered by Strictly Pursonal 5. René Lalique Sauterelles et Cabochons brooch, ca. 1913, offered by DJL Lalique 6. Freddy Borges porcelain disks, 1990, offered by Arlene Angard 7. Jens Risom Slipper chair, 1950s, offered by Stamford Modern
1. La Ronde de la Jeunesse (The Youth Circle), 1961, by Pablo Picasso, offered by Masterworks Fine Art 2. Mariano Fortuny women’s sleeveless coat, 20th century, offered by Fortuny 3. Bulova gilt-silver chronograph wristwatch, 1940s, offered by Wanna Buy A Watch? 4. Guido Gambone stoneware bowl, 1950s, offered by Porch Modern 5. Chair with cube, 1950s, offered by Kinder Modern 6. Willie Nelson, New York City, 2001, by Mark Seliger, offered by Peter Fetterman Gallery