Whether opaque or transparent, precious or semiprecious, natural gemstones are imbued with such vibrant, unadulterated hues that they’re boons for any color scheme. Sapphire-blue walls, ruby-red lamps or an emerald-green couch, for example, instantly transform any space. Just as the beauty of a flashy yellow-diamond necklace can bring folks to their knees, hues that mimic their bling-y counterparts convey instant sophistication and luxury — and dressing our homes with them makes us just as excited as we get when sporting the real thing.
- Tour the Brooklyn Pad of Coil + Drift’s John Sorensen-Jolink
- Why 1980s Memphis Design Is Popular Once Again
- How to Use Pink in Your Home
- 16 Fabulous Farmhouse Interiors
- Interior Design Apps: 10 Must-Have Home Decorating Apps for Android & iOS
- Real or Fake Rolex: How to Tell the Difference
- The Most Famous Diamonds in the World