Our Account Executives (AEs) are responsible for closing opportunities generated by our market and sales development teams.
In this role, you will also cultivate relationships with clients to encourage repeat business. This is an inside sales role based in our NYC headquarters that requires time management skills in order to accommodate the busy schedules of 1stdibs’ prospective clients. You will be expected to be ultra-responsive to inbound opportunities and at times, accept warm transfers from Trade members looking to make same-day purchases on 1stdibs.com.
You'll love this role if you're keen on a start-up environment: ready to roll up your sleeves, jump in the trenches, and do the work. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a constantly-changing setting, and can grow into other roles as we expand.
You will be placed on a professional growth path, and will enjoy interacting with design firms that have a higher estimated annual spend on platform.
What you'll do
- Manage and own a weekly calendar of meetings with new and returning 1stdibs clients
- Further qualify, and ultimately close individual purchases from designers and architects, while uncovering broader project details throughout the process
- Post-purchase, uncover other potential purchasers related to existing accounts
- Develop relationships post-purchase to increase annual value of assigned accounts
- Set a goal towards an annual quota of GMV spend for your assigned accounts
- Capture and maintain a prospect’s interest in transacting with 1stdibs by clearly communicating the myriad benefits associated with being a member of our game-changing Trade program
- Gain an understanding of the sourcing and purchasing processes for individual designers and small/mid-sized firms
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in an inside sales closing role at a SaaS or technology start-up
- Experience managing a book of 100+ accounts with a sales cycle of 1-3 months for first purchase
- Webinar and shared-screen presentation skills
- Affinity for time management and experience in a role responsible for closing MDR/SDR-generated opportunities
- Timely and thoughtful follow-up in order to create trust and strong relationships with your accounts
- Ability to identify and overcome objections throughout the full sales cycle
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Passion for interior design, art, objects d’art, decorative arts, or architecture
- Understanding of the 1stdibs competitive landscape – from both traditional sources and new technology companies
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Business Development Manager - London
- Coordinator, Private Client Services
- Dealer Account Manager
- Dealer Account Manager - Jewelry
- Director of Marketing
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Customer Experience, Trade
- Java Software Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Marketing Manager, Email and Operations
- Private Client Services, Sales Associate
- Product Manager - Growth
- Product Marketing Manager
- Sales Development Representative
- Senior Customer Support Specialist - (German Speaking)
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Marketing Associate, Email
- Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Strategic Partnership Manager
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes