Introspective magazine and The Study blog, 1stdibs’ dual online publications, seek a smart, creative and motivated junior associate editor to join our editorial staff in New York City.
The ideal candidate has worked for luxury or shelter publications and possesses a keen interest in interior design, architecture, furniture, fine art, jewelry and fashion.
S/he is passionate about solid prose and compelling quotes, has an eagle eye for strong imagery and is hyper-vigilant about grammar and spelling, yet intuitive enough to realize that the writer has worded a sentence a particular way for a reason.
Applicants should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work calmly in a fast-paced environment and enjoy collaborating with a small team of on-site editors and an array of freelance writers.
What you'll do
- Editing assigned stories for sense, clarity, grammar and style
- Writing long-form and short-form articles
- Creating top-to-bottom layouts on the blog
- Pitching story ideas and broader editorial concepts
- Writing display copy (headlines, decks and captions)
- Fact-checking and proofreading all components of stories
- Linking and tagging key phrases and words
- Organizing assets, including books, images and manuscripts
- Conceptualizing how to integrate merchandise into stories and liaising with other 1stdibs teams
What you'll bring
- At least one year of paid practice as an editor and writer
- Experience editing and writing on topics related to design, architecture and the luxury market
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Mac operating systems, Google products, Microsoft Office suite, Trello, Basecamp and the Chicago Manual of Style
- A solid foundation in journalistic standards and practices
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Associate Editor
- Business Development Executive
- Business Development Manager, London
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Director, Product Management
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Java Software Engineer
- Marketing Manager
- Marketplace Support Specialist
- Marketplace Trust Manager
- People Coordinator
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Designer
- Showroom Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Staff Accountant
- Strategic Account Executive
- Strategic Planning - Supply lead
- UX Copywriter - Temporary Role
- Vetting Specialist
- Weekend Logistics Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes