Business Development Manager - London
Our Trade team work with the worlds most exciting design firms and we are now launching in London. We are currently seeking a dynamic and passionate Business Development Manager to join an already flourishing sales team who can help us accelerate our presence and sales internationally.
International expansion for the trade is one of our top strategic priorities as a company in 2018 and this will be the first hire we make for sales and business development outside of the US.
This is a deeply entrepreneurial opportunity working for a growth company with exciting dreams. This full time position is based in London and will report directly VP, GM of Trade.
Are you are passionate about building a new sales team in a growing and exciting new market? Are you driven to reach your goals whilst delivering exceptional service? Are you excited to be part of a company that is offering an unrivaled service to the design world? Then read on.
You will be responsible for engaging and developing relationships with C-level and other senior designer/purchasing contacts at interior design firms across the UK and Europe. Generating new business, and developing a robust pipeline of spend from our existing clients in the UK and Europe.
You will conduct regular calls, webinars, and travel into the market to foster these relationships with both prospective and existing business and educate accounts on how to source and transact through the 1stdibs.com platform.
You will need excellent presentation and sales skills as well as having proven success in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership. Success will be assessed based on growth in sales from target and prospect accounts.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute against account plans to unlock spend with 1stdibs.com for existing target clients and prospect accounts
- Educate accounts to be expert users of our platform and tools;
- Direct internal resources to support transactional needs, including working with our support, vetting, and dealer teams in the US
- Support strategic growth events and operations strategy targeting the highest potential interior design firms across the region
- Drive data accuracy and utilization for internal tools and resources ('Say it with Data' is one of our core values)
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- Track record of reaching and exceeding bold sales targets in a highly entrepreneurial setting
- 6+ years experience leading client accounts and/or in a sales closing role
- 2+ years’ experience as validated strategic advisor working with C-Level clients
- Be a creative, problem solving individual with an eye for detail
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate a bold strategy clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management skills and ability to run contending priorities
- Previous exposure or excitement to enter a dynamic growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience or an interest for design is a massive plus
- Professional proficiency in an additional languages, especially Italian, French, and/or German is helpful but not required.
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Business Development Manager - London
- Coordinator, Private Client Services
- Dealer Account Manager
- Dealer Account Manager - Jewelry
- Director of Marketing
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Customer Experience, Trade
- Java Software Engineer
- Marketing Manager, Email and Operations
- Private Client Services, Sales Associate
- Product Manager - Growth
- Product Marketing Manager
- Sales Development Representative
- Senior Customer Support Specialist - (German Speaking)
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Marketing Associate, Email
- Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Strategic Partnership Manager
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes