Chief Product Officer
1stDibs is a one-of-a-kind online marketplace that connects design lovers to more than one million extraordinary pieces, from furniture and fine art to jewelry and fashion. As a leading global marketplace for design lovers, we enable shoppers to discover beautiful things and interact with top sellers from around the world and our team shares that passion. Our best-in-class platform allows shoppers to buy directly, negotiate a price, or bid on items at auction and enables them to interact with sellers throughout all stages of the transaction — including item inquiries, price negotiations, and customization requests.
As the Chief Product Officer reporting to our Chief Executive Officer at 1stDibs, you will oversee our product development efforts and the user experience on our two-sided marketplace, building an exceptional experience to connect those seeking the most beautiful things on earth with highly coveted sellers and makers.
What You Will Do
- Develop a vision and create a product strategy to meet the unique needs of our buyers and sellers
- Create and lead a detailed product roadmap that aligns with business priorities considering scope of work, impact, time, effort, and cost.
- Run the product development cycle prioritizing research, ideation, and A/B testing.
- Build, mentor, and lead a team of product managers, designers, and researchers.
- Drive scalable processes and innovation around the product development cycle and collaborate across teams to understand requirements and develop execution plans
- Lead innovation efforts incubating new product directions as well as M&A opportunities
- Adjudicate between competing company wide priorities and allocate resources
Who You Are
- You have 15+ years of experience working in product leadership roles including e-commerce companies
- You have a proven track record of managing a team across a broad scope of innovation efforts, balancing deep functional expertise with enterprise thinking
- You have experience using data to make decisions and a data-driven method for decision-making using KPIs and metrics
- You have experience in leading deeply technical product plans and aligning business strategy and technology delivery
- You are experienced at interfacing with a board, investors, corporate stakeholders, and enterprise clients
- You use financial information to drive strong decision making and are someone who understands and can articulate business financials that underpin a product’s performance
- A person who can clearly and thoroughly articulate ideas and drive cohesion amongst the team
Nice to Haves:
- A Leadership role at a public company
- You may have experience creating and executing a product strategy for a 2-sided marketplace
- You may have proven success building a product with an international footprint
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches, and fashion.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits