1stDibs is a one-of-a-kind online marketplace that connects design lovers to more than one million extraordinary pieces, from furniture and fine art to jewelry and fashion. As a leading global marketplace for design lovers, we enable shoppers to discover beautiful things and interact with top sellers from around the world and our team shares that passion. Our best-in-class platform allows shoppers to buy directly, negotiate a price, or bid on items at auction and enables them to interact with sellers throughout all stages of the transaction — including item inquiries, price negotiations, and customization requests.
1stDibs is seeking a Corporate Counsel to perform a broad range of legal work with a focus on public company matters, and corporate governance. This role is positioned to support our global growth strategy and reports into the General Counsel.
The Corporate Counsel will be a critical player in supporting various public company obligations following the Company’s 2021 IPO, including SEC reporting and the implementation of 1stDibs’ corporate compliance program. In addition, this attorney will manage and support various corporate and commercial transactions essential to our growth strategy. Moreover, he/she will interact frequently with 1stDibs business leaders to help communicate and advance company initiatives.
The Corporate Counsel will also have the opportunity to support the commercial activities of 1stDibs as experience and interest allow, advising on laws and regulations relating to consumer protection, e-commerce, anti-money laundering, privacy, data security and IP. She/he will be a trusted legal advisor to 1stDibs business leaders and a key member of our legal department.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with finance and outside counsel to draft the company’s securities filings (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, and proxy statements).
- Provide securities law disclosure review and advice (e.g., press and earnings releases, investor relations presentations, website disclosures, Regulation FD matters)
- Support the continued development of corporate compliance programs.
- Manage and support various corporate and commercial transactions.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal stakeholders and executive teams to influence decision making and achieve successful business outcomes.
- Assist, collaborate, and lead as directed on Legal related matters, company initiatives and other responsibilities as directed.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of law firm and/or in-house experience in securities law, governance and public company advising.
- You have extensive knowledge of corporate and securities law for public companies, particularly SEC compliance and '34 Act reporting obligations
- You are licensed or eligible to practice in the applicable state
- You have a juris doctorate from an accredited law school; admitted to practice before a state bar association
- You have proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, influence, and unite people behind a common goal
- You have exceptional judgment and critical thinking skills
- You have the ability to set work priorities in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- You are self-motivated, creative problem-solver, trusted advisor, with the ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects and work effectively in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- You are extremely comfortable providing counsel directly to senior business leadership on both legal and business issues
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner.
- You have a willingness to collaborate, learn, share knowledge, respond quickly to urgent matters and execute proactively.
- You have strong analytical and reasoning skills required in connection with researching legal issues, assessing impact on business processes and making recommendations.
Not a requirement, but a plus!
- Experience providing legal advice in relation to online marketing, privacy, e-commerce, product development and consumer internet issues
- Experience with global anti-fraud and anti-money laundering regulations
- Experience maintaining an IP portfolio
- Experience with M&A and commercial transactions
Our overall compensation package is made of several parts, base compensation being one of them. At 1stDibs we value and are proud of our culture, innovation, professional development and training workshops, trust and giving back to the community. Equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and incentive (IF APPLICABLE) are all are components of your total compensation package. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
1stDibs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The 1stDibs mission, to enrich lives with the extraordinary, can only be achieved when diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded into our values, culture and the way we do business. Enabling access to and celebrating unique and diverse perspectives is at the very core of what we do. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry, who are reflective of the diversity of our communities, and fostering an environment where every individual feels they belong, are valued and heard. As a leading design marketplace, we leverage the power of our platform and brand to empower historically underrepresented individuals, and the businesses they own, across the art and design industries.
Total Compensation Statement
1stDibs is committed to attracting, motivating and retaining top talent who drive the business forward and help us achieve our mission and vision. The company’s Total Compensation packages are designed to reward performance, be fair, equitable, and competitive, and consist of base salary, equity (where applicable), and health and work-life benefits.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits