Here at 1stdibs one of our core values is ‘Say It With Data’ and we are looking for an Analyst to join our Analytics team. In this role you will work cross-functionally and partner with key stakeholders to measure and quantify marketing/product initiatives here at 1stdibs.
Your goal is to lead and manage conversations that steer our audience acquisition/retention and user experience optimization strategy through the identification of significant trends and application of advanced insights. You will provide thought-leadership on how to effectively leverage data to inform decision-making across the organization.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages web analytics to drive decisions. You will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, see the big picture but pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. You will be diligent in your work and have a passion for process. You will be passionate about using data to drive business decisions and have experience working with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams. To be successful you will have a deep knowledge of SQL, a natural flair for interpreting data and an all around passion for numbers!
We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, you’ll be given the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most passionate, driven and creative people assembled under one roof.
What you’ll do
- Define, analyze and validate key metrics to inform decision-making and measure product and marketing success from a business and user perspective
- Work with business owners to leverage data to identify growth opportunities and user pain points, evaluate new features and recommend changes
- Communicate and present data and insights clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence
- Design, monitor, analyze and create reporting for A/B experiments
- Perform and regularly monitor cohort and conversion funnel analyses to identify key user behavior trends
- Gather requirements and build data visualizations and interactive dashboards
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field, data science or business analytics; Master’s preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing|digital|business analytics
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarity with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Familiarity with business intelligence solutions that translate insights into simple and concise visuals (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Possess strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills, with an emphasis on storytelling
- Ability to think critically about problems through multiple perspectives and assert demonstrable hypotheses
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, delivering flawless execution
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Analyst - Business Intelligence
- Client Partner
- Client Services Specialist (Evening Hours)
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Director, EU Account Management
- Director, Luxury Client Sales
- Director, Revenue Operations
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Public Relations
- Java Software Engineer
- Senior Data Analyst
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Marketing Manager, 1stdibs Gallery
- Senior Operations Manager
- Technical Marketing Analyst
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes